It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins 'sensitive about being among the many fooled' re: Mohammed's alarm clock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: lakesidepark
Because he built a detonation device and took it to a public school.

You walk around with one every day in your pocket.

It's called a cellphone. They are commonly used to make IEDs.

Yet, you are pushing this insane view. Seek help.

Oh, yeah! Every time I see a cell phone, I think detonation device....(sarcasm) I think perhaps the poster you answered is NOT the one that needs to seek help. The 14-year old tried to perpetrate a hoax, in the opinion of many people, and got away with it because as soon as The Grand Imam Obama sent his "cool" twitter message, it got quashed.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Because he built a detonation device and took it to a public school.

You walk around with one every day in your pocket.

It's called a cellphone. They are commonly used to make IEDs.

Yet, you are pushing this insane view. Seek help.

Yes everyone caries a cellphone. But few disassemble them and place them in briefcases and set it to go off in the middle of a class after being told by a teacher to put it away because it looks suspicious, and take it back home.

I'm not saying the kid intended to blow up the school, but the kid DID intend to perpetuate a hoax, and start a media circus, and he was successful.

Leaving out details of a situation to make a point is not denying ignorance. Seek the facts, sir, I don't need your help.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lakesidepark

It is not a briefcase.

Why do people keep claiming that it is?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

a reply to: lakesidepark

It is not a briefcase.

Why do people keep claiming that it is?

Why do you critique this MINOR detail while ignoring the major details of this event?

So what, briefcase, pencil case, whatever....it is a container not suitable for a common clock....a blasting cap wired to the buzzer, and some C5, it is an IED. And this device was created to perpetuate a bomb hoax.

The topic of this thread is the hoax aspect of this situation, and the attempt to play on the public to create some perception of discrimination against a Muslim student. The Muslim student created this situation, and it was no example of skill or advanced knowledge, and that is the hoax aspect of this.

Make it a white kid, with a rebel flag T-shirt, doing this, and he would still be in detention, and Obama would have given a speech about extremism in our schools instead of discrimination against Muslims.
edit on 21-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

(post by Greven removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

briefcase, pencil case, whatever....it is a container not suitable for a common clock....a blasting cap wired to the buzzer, and some C5, it is an IED.

A blasting cap wired to the ringer of a cellphone and some C-4 and you're golden.

What the crap is C5?

If you know what a thing is, why misrepresent it? Seems like you're trying to make it more sinister than it is.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

briefcase, pencil case, whatever....it is a container not suitable for a common clock....a blasting cap wired to the buzzer, and some C5, it is an IED.

A blasting cap wired to the ringer of a cellphone and some C-4 and you're golden.

What the crap is C5?

If you know what a thing is, why misrepresent it? Seems like you're trying to make it more sinister than it is.

You're both wrong in your nit picking. Blasting caps would do little to c4.

Also, the pencil case looks like a small briefcase. Pencil case is being used to make it seem pencil sized. It is not.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Oh, yeah! Every time I see a cell phone, I think detonation device....(sarcasm) I think perhaps the poster you answered is NOT the one that needs to seek help. The 14-year old tried to perpetrate a hoax, in the opinion of many people, and got away with it because as soon as The Grand Imam Obama sent his "cool" twitter message, it got quashed.

Says the person who thinks Obama is a secret Muslim, apparently.

Are we still fighting in the Middle East? Afghanistan? You know, Muslim countries? Seems like Obama is keeping the troops there killing terrorists and sometimes innocent Muslims.

Why do you think he's Muslim?

LOl....because I called him The Grand Imam? I don't know what he is and neither do you.

If I had to guess, I would say he is probably an atheist or agnostic that went to Jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years to rub shoulders with other radical Black Liberation Theology supporters. I would say he is a muslim sympathizer (after all, he did go to an Islamic school as a child and Islam is listed as his religion on the forms and to this day he says he is emotionally moved when he hears the Islamic call to prayer) and would be more comfortable to see America transformed into more of a muslim country than the Christian-leaning one it is today and always has been.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

What the crap is C5?

And why the nitpicking when you already know what I am trying to say???

To the other poster, I am not an explosives expert, but I have played around with some dynamite with a contractor associate that had his explosives license. So, maybe not C5 (uhh...C-4 thank you Greven, I've never seen the stuff except on TV), but a couple sticks of old-fashioned dynamite split into halves would fit nicely into that pencil / brief / whatever case, with room left over for a couple of magic markers, some ball bearings, or a bunch of nails. A few vials of nitro might also do the trick. I do know that 9V battery will activate a blasting cap. Seen it done.

The kid was no advanced engineer, he was a prankster trying to scare people. That is the point of this thread, not the exact case or the exact type of explosive that would fit into it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What the crap is C5?

The kid was no advanced engineer, he was a prankster trying to scare people. That is the point of this thread, not the exact case or the exact type of explosive that would fit into it.

And your proof of this is what?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

LOl....because I called him The Grand Imam? I don't know what he is and neither do you.

If I had to guess, I would say he is probably an atheist or agnostic that went to Jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years to rub shoulders with other radical Black Liberation Theology supporters. I would say he is a muslim sympathizer (after all, he did go to an Islamic school as a child and Islam is listed as his religion on the forms and to this day he says he is emotionally moved when he hears the Islamic call to prayer) and would be more comfortable to see America transformed into more of a muslim country than the Christian-leaning one it is today and always has been.

Clearly there are two different standards of acceptable behavior here, which is pretty sad. Have fun with it, because I will not stand for it.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

Also, the pencil case looks like a small briefcase. Pencil case is being used to make it seem pencil sized. It is not.

But I ought to at least address this:

It is being called a pencil case because it is one (I do not advocate for this product, because crazy people think it is a bomb).

C-4 is detonated with blasting caps.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
[

That is not a question for me. The picture of the 'device' and the analysis of the original source device (a Radio Shack clock from the 70's) is more than sufficient proof, for anyone with a modicum of skill or any experience assembling something or building something or designing something, proves all you need to know.

It's not for me to prove he has performed advanced engineering as this particular example does NOTHING to prove anything beyond that he knows how to use a screwdriver and stick tape.

So, offer your proof that he is capable of advanced engineering! So far there is NONE offered from the media.

And, even if you can find some concrete proof that he does have some measure of advanced engineering knowledge (even though that knowledge was NOT applied to this faux 'project' - there is no possible way to overcome the proof it was NOT nor have you offered any), how does that prove this is NOT an elaborate hoax to scare people and start a media uproar?

As that is the topic of the thread, THAT is the accusation that you must disprove to remain topical. I would help, but there just isn't any evidence to support that conclusion. I am unable to provide the experience and exposure to simple electronics construction on a message board to assist you, and if you don't have this experience, it is too easy to look at exposed circuit boards hanging in a case and believe it was 'invented' or 'engineered'.

The whole point of this story is that Dawkins was duped into responding with Obama supporting the kid and accusing the school of Islamophobia, but once he saw the device, he quickly realized what it was, as have many others.

To be fair my wife may not have seen it for what it was, because she does not have the knowledge or experience working with electronic devices to recognize it. She would admit this too, as that is a sign of intelligence, to recognize and admit the areas which you do not have knowledge.

I would likewise defer to her knowledge on some medical issues, as that is her field of education. That is part of denying ignorance, is refraining from demonstrating ignorance in areas one is not familiar with enough to speak on.

Therefore, I must state that I do not have the information to demonstrate that this kid does not have advanced engineering skills. However I have overwhelming knowledge and experience to declare that this particular 'project' required NONE of that type of skill or knowledge, and could have been performed by any kid with the motivation to tinker.

Prove that one wrong, and you will have made progress, grasshopper.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

But I ought to at least address this:

It is being called a pencil case because it is one (I do not advocate for this product, because crazy people think it is a bomb).

C-4 is detonated with blasting caps.

Thanks for adding the pic and correcting the statement about C-4.

That case could hold the electronics, and is large enough that if packed with explosive (C-4, dynamite, nitro) would hurt some people.

So that does add more credibility that this kid perpetuated a hoax bomb to scare people and stir up a media frenzy. The fact he didn't put it away, but instead set the timer and let it go off in class, strengthens that assertion.
I appreciate your input.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A hyped media story about a clock? It can only be...

TIME'S UP!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Clearly there are two different standards of acceptable behavior here, which is pretty sad. Have fun with it, because I will not stand for it.

You won't stand for what? I said what I think based on known information and Obama's own words and behavior. The Black Liberation crap goes back even before his affiliation with Jeremiah Wright's church, so stick your fingers in your ears and hum all day long, but it doesn't change the fact that you just don't want to hear truths.
edit on 21-9-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
[

That is not a question for me. The picture of the 'device' and the analysis of the original source device (a Radio Shack clock from the 70's) is more than sufficient proof, for anyone with a modicum of skill or any experience assembling something or building something or designing something, proves all you need to know.

No its not.

You've created your own little conspiracy on an assumption.

It proves nothing of what this kids intentions were.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The "Father" influenced the "Kid".

All part of the intended PR onslaught.

Fits in nicely to the current events on several levels.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I am curious how there are those saying that he built/created nothing, and yet at the same time say he built a detonation device. If he built nothing, and it was just a clock out of its case, then how did he build a detonation device?

Unless a clock in its case should just be considered a commercial detonation device.
edit on 21-9-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Annee

The "Father" influenced the "Kid".

All part of the intended PR onslaught.

Fits in nicely to the current events on several levels.

What extreme Right Wing Rag did you get that from?

We do not know that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join