It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins 'sensitive about being among the many fooled' re: Mohammed's alarm clock

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Except that Dawkins was RIGHT!

The kid IS a liar

Why are "we" attacking this kid?

He made something, brought it to school.

What happened after that is not his doing.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ChesterJohn

taking an old clocks innards and putting them in a pencil box does not an inventor make.

Did the boy claim he invented something?

The boy brought a project he made to school.

He is not responsible for what happened after that.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
The only thing this little turd burglar invented was the situation he is in. Possibly masterminded by his dad.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonjudgementalist

On Friday, Mohamed spoke to the Guardian. Such national attention was “worth it, once you realize what you’re fighting for”, he said, adding that that fight was “not just for Muslims … but for anybody who has been through this”.

So he is fighting for something . Pray tell what might that be .

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Why are we nitpicking details about if this kid invented something or not? He certainly did more than MOST kids his age can do with electronics devices. It also shows a desire to go above and beyond and learn on your own, while demonstrating a possible future in electronics. The kid is only 14, some of you people (and Richard Dawkins) act like he should be able to perform advanced engineering...

So many haters... I wonder how many of them are being motivated by the kid's religion?
edit on 21-9-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Islamophobia is strong in this thread, shocker people are racist on ATS.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakesidepark

originally posted by: Annee

taking an old clocks innards and putting them in a pencil box does not an inventor make.

The boy brought a homemade improvised explosive device trigger and casing he made to school.

He is completely at fault and should be held responsible for what happened after that.

I fixed your statement for you, as you left out some obvious observations. Don't ignore the obvious.

Don't do that again.

If you have something to say, make it your own. Do NOT attempt to speak for me.

The actions of adults is what made this a media circus.

Not what a kid brought to school.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The whole thing was a political PR stunt.

Weak yet effective.

Practice makes perfect.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The whole thing was a political PR stunt.

Weak yet effective.

Practice makes perfect.

I think that might be the case. Just a set up.

Bottom line I think is this kid made something that looked like a bomb and someone thought it was a bomb. Lucky it wasn't.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Why are we nitpicking details about if this kid invented something or not? He certainly did more than MOST kids his age can do with electronics devices. It also shows a desire to go above and beyond and learn on your own, while demonstrating a possible future in electronics. The kid is only 14, some of you people (and Richard Dawkins) act like he should be able to perform advanced engineering...

So many haters... I wonder how many of them are being motivated by the kid's religion?

This has NOTHING to do with HATE. This has to do with LOGIC. And this is by NO MEANS nitpicking details. Any 14 year old should be able to repeat what this kid did in 10 minutes with little tools. He did NOTHING. Go back and study the image and compare it with the clock assembled, and you (if you have any modicum of intelligence) should be able to figure it out and repeat it yourself, even if you have never soldered a joint (not required) or measured a voltage (not required) or turned a screw (righty-tighty, lefty-loosey if you don't know).

I was doing this exact same kind of stuff at age 6, almost 50 years ago, with no tools beyond screwdrivers, pliers, and using my front teeth as wire strippers (still have the semi-circle notch in one front tooth). In fact, as a side note, I built a timed-detonation device (to blow up firecrackers) prior to age 14 and had a lot of fun with it. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE nor does it require anything beyond the desire to tinker with stuff.

The kid is ONLY 14? You mean the kid didn't learn how to disassemble his toys and make new stuff at age 6 like most boys that like to tinker? Hell by age 14 I was making intercoms out of gutted radio parts and telephone wire, I repaired my own TV I found on a scrap pile, and there was no internet to figure out anything, we went to the library and studied the hard way.

Did you bother to even look and understand what he had actually done? HE DID NOTHING with an electronics device that requires any type of understanding of the device. He took a clock and took it apart and then took one part of it and sticky-tape it to the lid of a case. Didn't even mount any of the other parts. Didn't wire anything. Didn't have to understand anything about how the device operated. Made NO modifications to the device whatsoever.

And what did he make? The timer-detonation trigger for an explosive device. Not a clock. THe clock was already made, he just disassembled it.

And YES, if Obama and other stupid people are going to act like this kid did some advanced engineering, then we should damn well expect the kid to at least demonstrate some BASIC engineering beyond the ability to destructively disassemble a common clock.

and YES, people's negative response to this kid IS MOTIVATED by his religion, and what is wrong with that? If someone from a religion that is at war with the Western world, and conducts this war in many places by disassembling clocks and cellphones and making bombs out of them, assembles a device that is missing only the explosive and blasting cap needed to make it a terror weapon, damn straight skippy, people should be concerned.

Don't let your feel-good acceptance of all peoples blind you to the fact that some peoples are taught evil. C'mon, think people, put the pieces together, and don't let that fear of being something bad (racist, Islamophobic) make you blind to that which is clearly visible.

edit on 21-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The boy brought a homemade improvised explosive device trigger and casing he made to school.

He is completely at fault and should be held responsible for what happened after that.

I fixed your statement for you, as you left out some obvious observations. Don't ignore the obvious.

Don't do that again.

Ok, then read my other threads, but I will summarize - this kid used no skills to disassemble common appliance and use it as the centerpiece of his own IED.

And frankly, I didn't attempt to speak for you. I stated what anyone with common sense should have said, and made no assumptions that those were your thoughts, and assembled it in a sarcastic manner for effect. Too many people are responding to this issue in defense of the kid using that tired accusation of Islamophobia, without even bothering to look at the facts and use logic to reach their conclusion. Frankly ANY KID that did this should have been expelled, as this device demonstrated something much more insidious than chewing a pop-tart into the shape of a gun. The ones that are attacking those concerned about this are the ones with the phobias....or the agenda.

So yes I edited an existing post and presented my own thoughts. I might do it again too, regardless of what you dictate.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Here is an interesting similar story.

fake bomb

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Don't do that again.

. . this kid used no skills to disassemble common appliance . . .

The kid did nothing to create this circus.

Adults did.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This has NOTHING to do with HATE.

Really? Then why blast the kid.

Adults handled the situation badly.

Adults made this into a media circus.

All the kid did was bring a project to school.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

yes and Obama is the one carrying the most guilt

I think that was well highlighted in the op

every kid that does similar can fully expect the school and police to be involved but the msm and whitehouse involvement was uncalled for

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Really? Then why blast the kid.

Because he built a detonation device and took it to a public school.

Adults handled the situation badly.

Agreed. The school should have been evacuated if they suspected it was a bomb. The kid should have been arrested and investigated and expelled.

Adults made this into a media circus.

Agreed. This should have never been spoke of by Obama. This was a local issue, caused by a questionable action of a schoolkid and possibly his parent, and not one for the President to intervene.

All the kid did was bring a project to school.

Not agreed. There was no project he was making this for, and no assignment. Anyways, what shop teacher would give a kid an assignment to create a detonation device out of common household appliances?

Please, quit ignoring the obvious and stating the same misinformation used to malign those that are concerned that the kid of a Sudanese politician brought an improvised detonation device into a public school.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Adults did.

The kid brought an improvised detonation device to school. After showing it to his shop teacher, he was told not to show it to anyone else. Then he set the timer and let it go off in the middle of a class, and that is what got him in trouble.

The kid intentionally did this to stir trouble and try to cause a media circus. The kid was the one that was playing on Islamophobia in order to create a media circus, everyone else is reacting to the facts of the situation.

Please refrain from breaking down my posts and responding to them piece by piece. Instead look at the obvious and analyze it from the facts, not the media spin.

FYI, there is another thread with more descriptions, as an offer of help for you to further analyze the facts, I post the link here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-9-2015 by lakesidepark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Adults did.

The kid brought an improvised detonation device to school. After showing it to his shop teacher, he was told not to show it to anyone else. Then he set the timer and let it go off in the middle of a class, and that is what got him in trouble.

The kid intentionally did this to stir trouble and try to cause a media circus. The kid was the one that was playing on Islamophobia in order to create a media circus, everyone else is reacting to the facts of the situation.

Please refrain from breaking down my posts and responding to them piece by piece. Instead look at the obvious and analyze it from the facts, not the media spin.

Great point! That timer did not go off by itself. It had to have been set to go off.

There is an agenda here. But the media and the gullible bleeding hearts only see a muslim kid getting picked on. Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Because he built a detonation device and took it to a public school.

You walk around with one every day in your pocket.

It's called a cellphone. They are commonly used to make IEDs.

Yet, you are pushing this insane view. Seek help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join