It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the Police are not racist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: fartlordsupreme
a reply to: Aazadan

most of which are in for drug related nonviolent crimes
that occur just as frequently in white neighborhoods.... but those neighborhoods are usually wealthier and the people can afford legal council so the police dont bother and instead go after the low hanging fruit.... not all the time obviously but frequently
and then the statistics show more crime in those areas because thats where enforcement is actually occurring so those areas are focused on more and then they catch more and the cycle of idiocy continues

I think it has to do with the neighborhoods. The poor areas in town have multiple officers patrolling rich neighborhoods maybe 1. Though I agree I don't think drug arrests are racial because if that were true black females have the least arrests over white and hispanic. On fact white females have the most arrests among women. So who gets caught the most the easiest target why the police have quotas.
edit on 9/21/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Cyborg11

LMAO. You think one video proves cops are not racist? I'm not saying all are, but just because they didn't unload on him in this particular instance, doesn't mean they wouldn't have. They assessed the situation as they were coming on scene, had been alerted by dispatch what was going on and that kept them from using their weapons. If they had just happened to see this as they were driving by, the outcome could have been very different.

Yes. They did not perceive this man as a threat by the way he conducted himself. Officer safety is what it's about. He did not act like a violent thug, therefore he was fine.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cyborg11
The man conducts himself in a civilized manner. Not only do they not shoot him, he picks his weapon back up. This man did not act like a thug and therefore was treated like any other ordinary citizen. They then shake his hand!

www.youtube.com...

Click bait title much? NewzNose has it right. Not all people are racist, therefore not all police are racist. Not all cops are bad. But there are enough bad cops that make you question the good ones - like why aren't they getting rid of the bad ones?

But this video isn't about race... it's about cops doing their jobs properly. And it's further about how the 2nd Amendment aided this citizen in easily retaining his property.
edit on 22-9-2015 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join