It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that the Police are not racist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The man conducts himself in a civilized manner. Not only do they not shoot him, he picks his weapon back up. This man did not act like a thug and therefore was treated like any other ordinary citizen. They then shake his hand!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Cyborg11

Police are people. Some people are racist, therefore, some police are racist.

However, good sttory!

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

LMAO. You think one video proves cops are not racist? I'm not saying all are, but just because they didn't unload on him in this particular instance, doesn't mean they wouldn't have. They assessed the situation as they were coming on scene, had been alerted by dispatch what was going on and that kept them from using their weapons. If they had just happened to see this as they were driving by, the outcome could have been very different.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There are more whites in prison than blacks.

Inmates race in prisons

But I still think there is racial profiling by the police.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: openmind102

Inmates race in prisons

There has to be in order for them to do their jobs thoroughly sometimes. It depends on location, circumstance and other factors that police know more about than you or I.

Just because you don't like the practice, that doesn't make it wrong.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Jeeeeeez

1. This only proves these were sensible coppers, it does not prove the police aren't racist. As already stated the police are people and some people are racist therefore some police are racist.

2. The most likely reason for there being more whites in prison than blacks probably comes from the fact you live in a predominantly white country. I suspect there are more blacks in a Nigerian prison than whites. That just stands to reason.

3. Profiling is always wrong. It lends itself to metaphysical Lynch mobbing or witch burning whereby how others perceive the actions of people similar in appearance, location or social standing to yourself becomes a factor in whether you are treated like an individual in an individual situation or whether you get shot 10 times for trying to scratch an itch because you might have a weapon

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
In Albuquerque, NM, the police are absolutely positively not racist at all.

They kill everyone.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Inmates race in prisons

You're not accounting for the percent of populations. Ideally prisons reflect the population demographics of society. Blacks make up 13.2% of the population but are 37.5% of the prison population.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Inmates race in prisons

Greetings- There are more whites because whites make up the majority of the populace. I worked as a cop in a Ca. city where whites were only at a 65% majority and they still were arrested at a higher rate than the other races. The other races included, in order of numbers were: Hispanic, Black, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hmong.

The call of "racial profiling" is as 'fair' as this video showing ALL cops are NOT racist due to seeing 1 video. In the beat I worked, the White was the minority, so if I got dispatched to a call there was a 95% that the folks that I'd be contacting would be "Other/non-white" . If I did traffic enforcement in "Filipino Flats" it was great likelihood I'd be contacting a person w/Filipino ancestry, I wasn't looking for a Filipino but someone blowing a STOP sign. (22450 CVC)

What I KNOW that would improve any Police Dep't. is having the community represented by people from that community, people taking stock in THEIR community but it doesn't always work out that way.

namaste

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

LMAO. You think one video proves cops are not racist? I'm not saying all are, but just because they didn't unload on him in this particular instance, doesn't mean they wouldn't have. They assessed the situation as they were coming on scene, had been alerted by dispatch what was going on and that kept them from using their weapons. If they had just happened to see this as they were driving by, the outcome could have been very different.

He acted professionally and did not act like a criminal. If his pants were down his butt and he talked trash, then yes he might have been shot for being subhuman. This video proves that If you act human, you will be fine.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Topic title is absurd. Proof? Laughable...

I fail to see the logic in your believing one feelgood story involving police as proof. Any moron can tell you there are good people and bad people, and it applies to police. However, CLEARLY we have an overwhelming amount of abusive stories rather than stories showing cops doing their job, so please explain to me how your brain led you to this conclusion? I can't help but assume you have some sort of agenda posting something as outrageous as this. Are you with law enforcement? Sounds like you have a motive for defending the abuse the police have dished out lately.

Humans baffle more and more every day.
edit on 20-9-2015 by roncoallstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

Police are people. Some people are racist, therefore, some police are racist.

However, good sttory!

But that is NOT what has been gong on.

A group in this country that shall remain nameless since we all know who.

Go around cherry picking events across the US and shout 'racism' is a 'problem' of epic proportions.

To swtich that up.

If all muslims aren't 'terrorists' all cops are not 'racist'.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: roncoallstar
Topic title is absurd. Proof? Laughable...

I fail to see the logic in your believing one feelgood story involving police as proof. Any moron can tell you there are good people and bad people, and it applies to police. However, CLEARLY we have an overwhelming amount of abusive stories rather than stories showing cops doing their job, so please explain to me how your brain led you to this conclusion?

Humans baffle more and more every day.

The vast majority of blacks who get stopped freak out and pull the race card. This guy acted normal and was treated as such. How hard is that to comprehend?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This site as well as society has turned into a liberal skinny jeans cluster FK.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Im not trying to argue with you but one vid of one officer is only relevant to this officer, I otherwise agree if you keep your mouth shut and be respectful you will likely get through it, problem is sometimes it takes very little to cause serious over reactions.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here in Albuquerque, I think only one of the police killing victims was black. The rest are either, white people, half white half Latino, which in my book makes them white or look white. And the rest were white Mexicans.

They don't care here. They will find you and kill you.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
WoW! That totally clears things up..One vid of cops doing their job correctly,and that means the entire police force are not racist..SMFH..Really?You sound like a spokesmen for the FOP.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You know I do not mind racial profiling. It does save lives. The best solution for illegal immigration is racial profiling as a tool for reasonable suspicion. Even though it undermines American Judaical System which has a liberal lean to it. The measure poses no threat.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Like others have said, one video does not equate to clearing all police of racism. That said, to say all police are racist due to what has been pointed out in popular media is wrong. There will always be racism or prejudice to some degree in the world and it can be found anywhere, from church to schools to offices to the government. The videos we've been seeing are all geared towards pointing out one category of racism which causes a shadow to block out any videos of non-racist police actions. However, such videos are far and few between because nobody really whips out their camera unless they suspect it to go down the racist track OR was a messed up ordeal at the start. That's why some videos don't start from the very first interaction between civilian and police.

As far as racial profiling goes, I'm on the fence. It's a case-by-case thing for me as I know some racial profiling has aided in solving crimes but, on the other hand, know that some cases occur based on biased or racism ideals. For example, a former roommate of mine was wrongly profiled. The complex behind us had a fight the night before and one man tried to stab another before running away. The next morning my roommate was arrested under the pretense of being that man. Here's the kicker: both men were black however the criminal was rail thin and bald as a cue ball while my roommate was overweight and had a thick mess of hair. Two complete opposites but somehow my roommate was almost charged with a crime before a positive identity could be confirmed. Only then, when it is outright obvious they have the wrong man who shares only skin tone with whomever is wanted, should racial profiling be called out.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

most of which are in for drug related nonviolent crimes
that occur just as frequently in white neighborhoods.... but those neighborhoods are usually wealthier and the people can afford legal council so the police dont bother and instead go after the low hanging fruit.... not all the time obviously but frequently
and then the statistics show more crime in those areas because thats where enforcement is actually occurring so those areas are focused on more and then they catch more and the cycle of idiocy continues
edit on 20-9-2015 by fartlordsupreme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join