It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. I'm pissed. Canadian politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We have an election in a few weeks. I've been torn as to who to vote for. I LOVE my Conservative MP but hate the way the party has been run. Harper running things as he wishes. My vote for my MP is a vote for that douche. That's cool though because I want Mike Chong(my MP) to take the party back to what it should be. Or NDP. Better protest vote than Liberals right now imo. NDP got my vote today. I got a package from Canada Post. My keys for a mailbox on the other side of the block. Hell, my back isn't good enough to check my mail at my building every day. Now I'll have to take a cab to get my mail? Harper killed home mail delivery. That's a basic service going back how long? I don't hate the prick as much as Mulroney..... yet.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You sound as if you actually believe things can go back to what they were, that things will get better with a name change at the top and that the politician coming in will make a difference.

Wrong on all points.

We are at a cross roads where we either stand or crumble as a Nation and as a species actually.

There is no going back unless we go back to the stone age which is a more likely scenario.

Jude

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You pin pointed exactly why it's a farse in Canada.

If you vote , do it for the local guy whom you think is actually going to make a local decision and difference.

That's my take anyway and I still love this country.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Try not to get too mad, if you have medical issues, contact your post office and let them know. They will do home delivery if you have a medical issue or are to elderly. I was concerned about this as well, but it is written in that they will make exceptions in certain cases, but you need to let them know. I work at Canada Post but I am currently off work due to illness. I am not sure why they are not making this concession to their restructuring more publicized.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Same for us interpid, we have yet to get to remote post box but rest assured it will be far far away from us.
How do they pay for the "Golden Pensions for MP's" why we raise taxes and kill jobs and services to cover our asses of course.

How about we get into the perpetual war deal half way around the world forever. What do you mean we can't afford it?
We will just lease German tanks and American air tankers and purchase used British( lead fire taps that I call sinker Sub's) and not one of those lead coffins has sailed without a problem. Thanks to the gods we dumped the F35 money pit, that is the only sane thing our government did in the past two years.

Heck Beave Dad is going to kill you.
Orange all the way this year as we have no choice.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 18-9-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hubby and I are having the same conundrum where we are.

We have a great Progressive Conservative MP in place and want to revote him in... but that means a damn vote for Harper, which we both want to see ousted out on his ass.

I cringe at the thought of more years under a Harper government.

Neither one of us has a friggin clue what to do right now.

Ugh.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. We havent got our block mailboxs yet in thnder bay ontario, but they are coming.
Im conservative as well, but will not be voting for that jerk stain harper ever again.
By the sounds of it, NDP has it on lock around here, including my vote.

edit on 18-9-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
By the sounds of it, NDP has it on lock around here, including my vote.

Well the other 2 have had their chance to screw things up and they didn't disappoint. Give the NDP the same chance. I'm sure they won't disappoint either.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I've always looked at it this way, if my immediate MP does not represent me in the way I like then I look at my top regional city, for example, I am living in a city between Hamilton ON, and Toronto, if my city was best represented by a party I do not like, I will look at at who would be best representing the major cities around me and vote accordingly.
Unfortunately this might mean voting for the same party, but if you are in this predicament then you need to really think of the whole of Canada instead of just your local government, and hope the federals help you out.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You make a valid point.

The betterment of our country as a whole is far more important than the betterment of our personal locations.

It's far easier to remedy problems on the local level than it is on the federal level... all you have to do is rally enough people together locally to call the MP and tear him/her a new one to get them to change any problematic policies... but it's pretty much impossible to remedy a problem on a federal level once a PM is voted onto the throne.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Myself and everyone I know are voting for Trudeau.
Harper is the worst thing to ever happen to Canada.
I warned people against that liar before he got in, and he tricked them all and got in, and has been ruining the country ever since. He's despicable and un-Canadian

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

anyone other then harper would be an improvement...

We let him ruin our country for far to many years...

and we keep putting him back in the seat... only confirms my suspicions..

the general public of the world are morons...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I'm voting liberal. Canada needs to invest. Canada needs to legalize marijuana. Schools are shutting down left right and center. Our infrastructure is the #s, at least in bc it is.

The cons have ignored bc for years except to export oil, coal etc. .. The ndp, to me, seems deceiving. Do we want what happened to Alberta to happen to the rest of Canada? I hope not.

I agree with Trudeau, we should invest now and jump start the economy. The more we build, the more jobs we will create, which will mean more money will be spent within the country and in turn our economy will grow.

And as for the 3 consecutive deficits... I would like to refer to the classic saying "you must spend money in order to make money".

This is my opinion and I will vote liberal.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DumpMaster
Myself and everyone I know are voting for Trudeau.
Harper is the worst thing to ever happen to Canada.
I warned people against that liar before he got in, and he tricked them all and got in, and has been ruining the country ever since. He's despicable and un-Canadian

Here here! Liberals have my vote too.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Hello fellow Thunder Bay dweller. I hope that Harper gets the boot as well. Do you remember how he was held in contempt of parliament for secret spending of tax payers dollars, and he didn't even get thrown in the jail cells below parliament. My guy called our local MP to ask why he wasn't and he was told that it was because Harper has himself legally registered as no liability. I don't know how much truth there was to that statement, but how can a Prime Minister have No Liability? He is suppose to run the friggin country. Oh yeah and several years ago the Alberta government sent out two Four hundred dollar cheques to every resident in Calgary anyway that I know of. They decided to do that instead of building more hospitals.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Oh, and our wonderful mayor Keith Hobbs told the union at the Canada Post that he would support the letter carriers 100%, then he had a meeting with some big wigs from Canada Post about the CMB mail boxes and told them that he would support them 100%. I really wish the Canada Post Union would have recorded the conversation, then they might have had legal recourse to the law against Hobbs for flip flopping on the mail box issue.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think we've seen enough of Steve.

The other two have strong points and bad weaknesses but the Harper Gubment has made so many bad calls, their record would be hard to break. I don't really trust Mulcair so it leaves but one choice, for me anyway.

I'll be voting Liberal.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I too have been going back and forth between NDP and Liberal, and always keep coming back to Liberal. So, this time, I'll go with my intuition and vote Liberal. We need to shake things up and try something new, because the old ways just aren't working. Let a young man take the reins and see where he takes us.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
10 Yrs on conservative fudge up is enough.

At this ppoint im ok wth NDP or Liberal.

top topics

join