It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows 9 cops tackling crying, unarmed teen for jaywalking

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"HE"S JUS A KEED, HE"S JUS A KEED !!"

That was all i could focus on the whole video, im surprised someone standing next to that person didnt accidentally kick her in the face/shoot her.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

My point being citizens here in the UNITED STATES need to follow the laws.

1. You clearly have no idea what I do for a living (despite mentioning it on here multiple times) nor the interaction I have with AMERICAN military and law enforcement on an ongoing and continuous basis.

2. US police officers are not above the law - as much as their egos tell them otherwise.

3. Your geography prowess has paid dividends this watch.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

You've confused "obeying the law" with "content with oppression"

The kid did nothing to harm anyone else or himself yet he's being beaten with a baton and throw into the ground because... He didn't do EXACTLY what the police officer asked of him? Was he threatening the officer's life by sitting there and crying into his palms? The police officer is a grown man that shouldn't have to resort to aggressive and physicality.

Is that too hard to understand or something? It seems as if you are content with being oppressed by a police force.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked

Because he is a kid? How the hell would you feel watching a kid get manhandled and beaten with a baton for jaywalking?

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't know someone can go to jail for crossing a street. So much for freedom.

Just kidding, However the kid was resisting the police officer, but the officer doesn't have the right to punch the kid.
Not all cops are bad, but every police department has a few bad apples in their departments.

In some of the videos I have seen, some of these bad cops behave just like Juvenal's themselves, and have some serious mental issues.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Meh.

Cop isn't going to stand there while you're passively or actively resistant till you decide to comply with verbal commands in your own good time. Yes, jaywalking is a chump charge but it's a charge. Being a chump charge doesn't negate the "charge" aspect of it.

Pro-tip: grabbing an officer's weapon, whether lethal or non-lethal, is a terrific way to escalate the situation exponentially in short order.

Kept it real doe!

ETA - forgot to point out that "nine cops" didn't tackle anybody. Four cops took him to the ground, only two of which put any weight on him, maybe three. And once he was secured, they got off him in a hurry. Sweet headline though

edit on 18-9-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
I see nothing wrong with this. The "black" child, as though the article needed to state that,was unwilling to cooperate with the officer. The child then grabbed the officers baton, and by the officer trying to free it the child got hit in the face ( at no point did he intend to hit him and judging by the officers reaction was gutted it happened).

Did we watch the same video? I'm not going to judge the situation, because we only saw a small portion of it. But describing this officer as "gutted" seems to be a massive exaggeration. The officer hits him in the face with his left fist, then his right. Then he proceed to shove him back and yells "STAY ON THE GROUND...STAY ON THE GROUND... TURN AROUND." This is definitely not a "gutted" officer. He was perfectly fine with the actions he just carried out.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not the officer had a reason to do what he was doing, because we didn't see the beginning of the altercation. But describing his as "gutted" is a reach, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Another police apologist.

Next time a child comes up to me and starts play fighting, I'm going to subdue the child because I'm feeling threatened by the child's obviously violent actions.

It's not like I'm older and in a position in which I have more power.

edit on 18-9-2015 by alienmma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: alienmma

Hardly.

Check the post history homie.

I do love the attempt to minimize the resistance down to "play fighting."

Cool story brah.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: nf225
If he didn't Display empathy for what transpired why didn't he seize the opportunity the arrest the "child" when he wash clearly damaged/ easier to arrest. You may say he was waiting for back up but to me by him not pursuing it shows clear emparhy/ pathos for the kid being hurt. Just me clearly.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this "child" was as tall as the officers, now he may have been a young teen, but calling him a "child" is a little misleading.

Would you be saying the same thing if it was a teenage female and there was an allegation of sex or nude photos/videos in relation to her story? Would calling her a "child" be misleading?

Or is it only because this "child" is black?

Please, pick you poison. Your logic is flawed and you are a member of the Kool-Aid Drinkers Clan.

He was basically in a ball trying to keep from getting hurt. The officer was applying body weight pressure with his baton onto the young man's shins. All the kid was saying was "get off me" and he was grabbing the baton to stop pain.

To all of you saying "stop fighting cops and do as your ordered." ...Let me put my body weight onto your shins using a baton and then punch you in the face with it and see if you don't at least try to keep from getting hurt. Seriously, stop resisting.

You apologists are too much and I hope you are next in this America you are supporting and helping to create. Oh yeah, I said that - because you reap what you sow.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
Sorry, but this loudmouthed kid got exactly what he needed. He's very lucky those officers were being filmed or he might just be in a damn coma. He is of the opinion that he can do whatever he wishes on a public street and scream his way out of it like a little kid throwing a tantrum. Ain't gonna happen anymore. Just as the citizens of this country are tired of being hassled by law enforcement, the law enforcement officers are tired of putting up with their BS... I don't know who will win this issue but I'm sure it will be the folks with the most guns and better lawyer's...

I thought they handled it just fine. Just another day for them.

At what point did America's police for evolve into the Ministry of Vice/Virtue whose job it is to mete out physical punishment for transgressions while denying a citizen of their due process?

You would do AWESOME in any of the draconian horrors in the Middle East.

Derek

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just remember.. all you gotta do is yell "STOP RESISTING" and all your crimes are washed away.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No you're not the victim, if you break the law then you deserve what's coming to you. If you resist arrest for breaking the law, you deserve what's coming to you. You broke the law, you asked for it. The whole victim card is stupid, we have laws in place for a reason.

Like this cop who was kicked in the head?

thefreethoughtproject.com...

Like these 1000 incidents?

generalstrikeusa.blogspot.ca...

Yes, there are cops who take advantage of their position, but they are few and far between. This was not a case of police taking advantage of their position.

Few and far between, like this case?

BALTIMORE -- Former Detective Joe Crystal sat at a back table in Martin’s West Ballroom last Thursday, scanning the room filled with police officers for any friends he still had left.

Under glowing chandeliers, more than 500 law enforcement officials and their families mingled prior to an awards ceremony honoring Baltimore’s finest. Crystal, 34, was one of the people up for an award, though few had expected him to show. He was a pariah. He had informed on two other cops who engaged in police brutality. And it had cost him his livelihood.

For reporting the officers’ actions to the State’s Attorney’s Office, Crystal was labeled a "snitch" and a "rat cop." The threats and intimidation -- which included someone putting a dead rat on Crystal's windshield -- are outlined in a multimillion-dollar lawsuit that Crystal filed against Commissioner Anthony Batts and the BPD.

The police department declined to comment on the lawsuit, citing pending litigation.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Or like every case of the 'thin blue line' ??

Police officers are more likely to cover up certain kinds of errors by colleagues. One study showed that excessive use of force was the crime most commonly shielded by the code.[2] Two studies suggest that some police feel that the code is applicable in cases of “illegal brutality or bending of the rules in order to protect colleagues from criminal proceedings," but not those of illegal actions with an “acquisitive motive."[11]

Cases such as the Rampart scandal and many other police corruption cases demonstrate that blue code culture can extend to cover-ups of other levels of crime, acquisitive or not. The code has been called "America's Most Successful Stop Snitchin' Campaign," referring to cases where police covered up the misdeeds of fellow officers and where whistleblowers were harassed, professionally sanctioned, or forced into retirement.[12]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Boncho, I hope the admins ban you. The thin blue line doesn't exist and all cops are good. We can't allow truth to be shared any longer, you must be dealt with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join