It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice please.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Wish I had a better solution for you, I don't reside there. I do know that overcrowding is a square footage thing on law books here, and discrimination is illegal against renters regardless of age or health.

But this isn't Scotland. For shame on that person pulling rank and rule on your misery. I hope she has the same dilemma one day and someone shows her no mercy.

Good luck, I could say love will conquer all, but it doesn't. Whomever made that up doesn't pay rent or have illness in the family. Like I said, what you are doing is noblest choice. Shows your true love. Wonderful example to the kids, too.

Lots of people dump off their relatives rather than be "put out".

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't hope she has the same dilemma(in as much as i would like to, i simply cannot wish such a circumstance on another person even if it would bring a modicum of understanding.
), watching someone you love deteriorate into cognitive oblivion is pretty much hell on Earth. That being said i do hope she develops rather large hemorrhoids. LoL

Truth be told i just want to be with my Gran, to be able to hold her hand and dispel the insane notions she has with out breaching the law of the land, in fact stuff the law of the land. If it does not serve the purpose at hand then its simply a hazard rather than a help.

edit on 19-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Andy if you and your partner were to break up
she could take the kids and go live with gran and get her name on the rent book [ ken ]

And with winter on us soon caravans are getting cheap one on grans area would help with the overcrowding as long as you are not cooking in it .

play them at their own game

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That's the thing through as far as i can see there is no overcrowding according to Scots law.

"According to the Housing Act 1985 Part X

328 "Exception:children attaining age of 1 or 10.
(1)Where a dwelling which would not otherwise be overcrowded becomes overcrowded by reason of a child attaining the age of one or ten, then if the occupier—
(a)applies to the local housing authority for suitable alternative accommodation, or
(b)has so applied before the date when the child attained the age in question,he does not commit an offence under section 327 (occupier causing or permitting overcrowding), so long as the condition in subsection (2) is met and the occupier does not fail to take action in the circumstances specified in subsection (3)."

www.legislation.gov.uk...

My little boy is only only 2 and my daughter is 8.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

This is my wee granny who's life these bureaucratic dinosaurs are attempting to destroy by way of there overtly totalitarian enforcement of laws that were simply never conceived to deal with the circumstance we face. She may as well have a digital footprint somewhere in this universe.

Shame on you Thistle Housing!

edit on 20-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You need to read the first part of my post again Andy about you and the wife splitting up and moving in with gran and getting your name on the rent book

a/ it would save them money on a bed & breakfast for a family
b/ the caravan outside the door threat has worked for some people i know
c/ buy the place quick

good luck bud , i was raised by my grandparents also

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

My aunt is 63, to be honest its not looking like she could get a mortgage for the property, i certainty would not be able to given the debt i am in. End of the day we are just going to have to move in permanently and hope if the housing association does attempt to evict my Gran down to overcrowding any court in the land can see sense. No to mention the fact that i will envolve the News papers. I dont particularly hold with our media getting involved down to the fact that our family likes to enjoy a modicum of privacy, but i cannot allow this type of thing to go down the way it is without people realising what going on. I dont want to go down the road of deceiving them by way of saying i have split with my partner and as to getting on the rent book, to do that i would need my right to reside request to be granted.

Cheers for the support buddy.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Sadly the little lady in question passed away today around midday.

I really don't know what to do now, im numb and i just want my Gran back.

R.I.P to the best lady i have ever known! A true human being of the first order. May angels swift your Soul to where ever we go after this verse.

Bye bye Gran you were one in a million! x x x x x x x

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join