It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manly alternative to purse?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

i think you should design a scabbard like sling that you can carry like a quiver or sword.

You can get all dramatic about pulling out your vaping rig, like you are drawing excalibur, before exhaling the essence of Pendragon.

Ok...maybe not...but if you have a flair for the dramatic....

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No joke I've looked into a cheap leather working kit with that idea in mind. Just have no idea where to buy the leather, and my girlfriend has suggested that I have a tendency to take on new hobbies/projects while I leave others in ruin.

I also think all the people I see running around with "vape pouches" look like hipster douche bags.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Well...you could use belt mounted flashlight holders and carry those little joyetech mini's on your belt.

Small, canvas, out of the way.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

You could always get yourself one of these bad boys:

Just hang a hammer from it so nobody will give any awkward side looks, and you're good to go !

OR

Just buy yourself a damn purse and get it over with already...

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I would like to recommend a company called Saddleback Leather if you haven't already found a resolution to your problem (I am late to the thread). The website is here and I am not affiliated in any way with this company.

It's ran by a guy called Dave and he makes manly man bags. I have got two items from this website. The medium messenger (it converts to a back pack also) in mahogany here and the big leather wallet here.

I don't recommend the wallet to you, I think it is more girl style, but I do recommend all the bags. There are videos all over Youtube done by this guy and his wife with demos of what all stuff fits in what bag, and also by other people, there is a lot of grassroots support.

It is kind of expensive. There are usually good used bags on eBay (which also means your item retains some value - if you change your mind, you can sell the bag to recover some money), but there is also a section called Dave's Deals. You never know what will come up as a Dave's Deal, but the discounts range from 10 to 25% off. There is a video at the top of that page that explains how the discounts are determined - usually it is some marking in the leather. The lowest discount is the level of 'you can see it when you're holding the item in your hand' and the higher level is 'you can see it from 10' feet away.' There are also videos on Youtube of customers opening their Dave's Deal bag.

I got my medium messenger for 25% off on a Dave's Deal. I waited weeks to find it, checking every day for the medium to come up in mahogany. It has a 'scuff' in the leather on the back of the bag, you can't even hardly see it, I was expecting worse. I like the scuffy leather look. If you do too, a Dave's Deal would be something to consider.

I hope you find a solution to your daily carry issues.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Oh wow....thank you.

I use a leather bag for my computer and work stuff. I bought it at a real steal about 4 years ago, and its starting to wear from the heavy daily use.

I clicked your link and the first thing I see is a new bag that makes me want to throw my current (beloved) bag in the trash.

Look at this thing:

www.saddlebackleather.com...

Just beautiful.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Ameilia

Oh wow....thank you.

I use a leather bag for my computer and work stuff. I bought it at a real steal about 4 years ago, and its starting to wear from the heavy daily use.

I clicked your link and the first thing I see is a new bag that makes me want to throw my current (beloved) bag in the trash.

Look at this thing:

www.saddlebackleather.com...

Just beautiful.

I notice on that page you linked, there are four videos. I didn't watch them but the videos I have seen in the past - they are very good. Usually telling you about the creation of the bag, what uses it has, and demos showing how it hangs/carries on a body with examples of common stuff like laptops or tablets or whatever and how they fit inside.

Saddleback was something I just randomly stumbled upon a couple of years ago and felt like WHERE. HAVE YOU BEEN. ALL MY LIFE. I'm sorry but not all girls want to carry flashy pink stuff. I about died when I saw their messenger converted into a back pack.

Don't forget about the Dave's Deal section! I noticed stuff being posted around 10am when I was trying to get my messenger. Sometimes I would actually refresh and see something come up - refresh again and then it would be gone.

This stuff is made heavy duty and their tag line is 'they'll fight over it when you're dead.' Who can beat that?

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh wow, I missed this thread's early days... sad, I could have saved some time.

I also find myself carrying more than pockets can handle, so I have several carry-alls, each with it's own use and time...

When one cup of coffe isn't enough, I've found these are a great way for a man to transport his coffee:

Often, when hunting I find that I have too much gear for pockets alone between bone saws, knives, ammo, rope, food, dry socks, and an emergency wool blanket, so I use one of these:

If I'm fishing, I've found that more than a half dozen salmon lures in your hand becomes quite cumbersome... so I started carrying one of these:

I usually try to avoid stuffing my lunch into my pockets because I eat a lot and am not fond of my sandwiches or burritos being wadded up into a compressed ball. So I use one of these:

If I have business to attend to, I use one of these to carry my papers and plans:

One of the benefits to being an Alaskan is that I can get by wearing a hoodie all year (I wear one as my base layer under a parka in the winter). That gives me pockets for my phone and keys, while my knives clip to my belt, holster straps to my hip or shoulder, and my wallet goes in my pocket with a chain clipped to my belt... Man purses, satchels, organizer bags, etc are things men shouldn't be carrying.

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah...thats me. I either put it in my pockets, carry it in my hand, or foist it off on my wife to stick in her purse.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join