It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manly alternative to purse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I keep adding things to my daily carry, and the pockets are just not big enough anymore.

I don't want a backpack (too big and I have a few good ones already), I tried a smaller sling style one and it just irritated me. A messenger bag won't cut it, too big and I don't find them comfortable.

What I want to pack:

-External battery (I'm open to suggestion here, but I want something >3,000 MaH)
-3 small USB cords
-Small camera
-30 ml bottle (long and skinny plastic, or short and glass)
-Leatherman
-Tiny First-Aid kit
-Bandana or paper towels
-Love to have my cell phone fit, but not necessary
-2 large blister packs that each hold something akin to the size of a large multi-vitamin

I've been thinking about a smaller camera bag, and currently that's where I'm at. I feel like there has to be a solution I've yet to think of. I just hate having things bang around when I'm active. Someone please make fanny packs cool.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Maybe a rainbow colored fanny pack?
Or a leather murse?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

the only manly alternative to a purse is your clenched fist.

If you have anything more than your pants pockets, you'll need to turn in the man card and shave your beard.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
you could get you one of these cute fellas

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Do you want something you can strap to your body?
If not, try a briefcase. Nothing is sexier than a man with a briefcase. Nobody needs to know it is filled with nerd gear. And I say "nerd gear" in the most loving sense of the word. You should see the nerd gear that's inside my fancy Coach purse!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
My EDC recently migrated into a 5.11 Tactical Rush MOAB 10. It's a sling style bag that you rotate in front of you and functions as a work station. Also conceals a firearm. Understandable that you don't like sling bags, though.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Get a fanny pack. You'll also want a baseball bat to slug anyone who laughs at your fanny pack. I hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Dom, Buddy. You're going to have to resign yourself to a backpack. Just get a lightweight one, mesh maybe, and carry it in your hand, or a small duffle kind of thing.

A leather tote with manly buckles or such? I see guys with gym bags all the time. Convert one for your needs?

Remember when Joey got the handbag on Friends? (Just a friendly reminder).

Okay, I'm thinking the gym bag is the way to go. Canvass or leather.
edit on 9/16/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
i work in an office setting, and carry this for my work stuff (laptop included):

Probably too big, and doesn't leave your hands free.

Im of the mind your going to want a backpack. But there is always this:

media.male-extravaganza.com...

Not something I'd do...but i live in a pretty gallo culture.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You forgot the most important thing though, what about your weapons?!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

How about a soft sided computer bag. Here's a Targus that should hold everything and more.Link

And for the battery I would go for a large 50,000 mah battery myself. I have one I use at work with my xm radio and a mini computer speaker bar and I get 12 to 15 hours out of it.
edit on 16-9-2015 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Manly? Hmpf..., a manly man wouldn't be concerned with whether it's manly or not so long as it was functional.

Seriously though I get the "crap bouncing around" concern, don't like bags swinging off of me either.

For the amount of carry you're talking about have you thought of just wearing a tactical vest?
Basic black never goes out of style.

K~
edit on 16-9-2015 by aethertek because: Because

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Have it, dislike it. Seems to have horrible weight distribution or something, rather carry my stuff in a plastic bag.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So basically backpack, computer bag or shove it up my butt... The mind and the body are both unwilling...

As for the weapon comment, I always carry IWB, don't want it in a bag.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Ha!

I think I'm just going to dork out and use a medium sized belt loop camera bag. If I'm riding a horse, volunteering far away from my car or going on a hike I don't want a bag slapping around, but I still want to be able to carry some basics without the worry of setting them down.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

If cargo pants aren't enough, get a briefcase.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Whale scrote

Get one of those, whack yer gear into it, sashay about town and we can say goodbye to those wierd hipster types...we could all rock it domo-style...

Å99

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

You can get small messenger bags that are almost "purse" sized and not too bulky, and obviously not feminine.

One thing I carry sometimes when I need to carry a small notebook, a rainjacket, or other odds and ends is a Swedish gas mask bag. It's pretty small, but you can find similar bags with a little more room and pockets, just search. I think there are some other (US) military bags (like a field medic bag and similar) which are also manly but relatively small.

Or just Google leather bags for men. Some pretty stylish ones, although not always cheap. I had a catalog of a really cool place that had some awesome leather bags, but I don't recall the name.

And what kind of "small" camera are you talking about? Since you mention a battery, I guess a DSLR and not a point and shoot? Good luck on a *small* bag for that plus all the other stuff you want to carry...
edit on 16-9-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I was thinking about what manly men throughout history have used to carry their manly gear. Some items that come to mind:

- scabbard
- quiver
- holster

The big problem I find where i live: juice become superfluid and can pass through threads. So taking my gear with me on the road will hve to involve not planning on using it for long if ill be outside (for an 8 month span of the year). Unless i get a cool pack or something.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here ya go...

And yes, you have to go shirtless when you wear it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join