It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irving 9th-grader arrested after taking homemade clock to school: 'So you tried to make a bomb?'

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This boy should become a salesman since he has convinced so many people that he 'built' a clock.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Regarding the LEO's over reacting, I think most people are unaware there is a law against building things that look like bombs, and to a lot of people, one could see it in that aspect. They didn't arrest him. They questioned him, and I think they had every right to.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

Here's another version where I've added some #2 pencils for scale. Length of #2 pencil is typically 7-1/2".

You could fit a half pound of C4 or Semtex in that little box. Ever see what that kind of explosive can do? Imagine it's your child next to it when it goes off.

Here is 400 grams of C4 (cut to 1:30)

Here is a golf ball size amout of semtex. Imagine it about 8 times that size.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Trurns out it was all a setup his dad is an Islamic activist & he made the "clock" to create this drama reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blackz28

Very interesting, has that been confirmed or any links?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackz28
Trurns out it was all a setup his dad is an Islamic activist & he made the "clock" to create this drama reply to: Vasa Croe

I watched the videos of the young man after his interrogation, and he absolutely knew without a doubt that what he built could be mistaken for a bomb. It was intentional.

Whereas the little boy that chewed his pop tart into the shape of a gun then went "pow pow" actually got suspended! Unbelievable! The muslim kid gets invited to the White House and the innocent little American boy gets the boot. Bizzaro world these days in America.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wait a minute - a post calling an entire state of millions "stoopid" and bigoted based on the actions of a few?

Are you purposefully trying to be ironic? Plenty of us Texans are as outraged by this nonsense as anyone else.

Oh but only us Texans have the capacity to be "as stoopid as them hillbillys and weird people on the other pointy state with all them Cuban folk"...

If it werent for the t&c I'd have a few choice words for you. Instead I will just call your post for what it is, ridiculously ignorant (on a site that is supposed to deny ignorance).

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that all of the sites being linked here are the far-right conservative blog with an agenda type that are so full of assumptions its untrue?

The character assassination taking place of a 14 year old kid is astounding - and its all complete and utter speculation assigning other peoples opinions to this kid - because he and his family are muslim and for no other reason.

Well congrats to those people. The terrorists you so lovingly refer to in every post have won. You drank the kool aid. You see them everywhere.

Its reds under the beds all over again

Its also what this song is about

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

The idea is precisely that media controls populations. You've hit it right on the head. Congratulations! You've finally arrived at the here and now current situation of media wars.

You've been thinking the boy was a genius that built a clock when in reality the entire thing was about controlling your perception of religion and skin color and a pencil case with an alarm built into the disguise.

And the clock wasn't only a clock. It was built says the President and Mark Zuckerberg and millions of followers on social media.

Scripted for your displeasure.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
A control device inserted into your local population's cultural identity. Designed to incrementally step you and your neighbor towards the ending.

You can only watch. We are here living it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I want to talk about this again. THIS ARTICLE is the perfect example of the pacified left's attitude as passed around by the liberals. The liberals are adults that behave like children pacified by their enemy. They exhibit the very left coast pacific coast attitude of the dying sun. The language in this article is bizarre....

"14-year-old Muslim boy arrested for bringing a homemade clock to school."

"hoax bomb"

"Ahmed told reporters it was "very sad" that his teacher thought his clock was a threat."

"I built a clock"

"Ahmed's father Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, who is originally from Sudan, praised his son's ingenuity"

"He's a very smart, brilliant boy"

Then we get to the actual heart of the matter with this amazing quote that the BBC is running with....

" Ahmed said that he had made a clock at home and brought it to school to show his engineering teacher.

He said his engineering teacher had congratulated him but advised him "not to show any other teachers". "

...followed by the astonishing announcement that the boy actually plugged the disguised miniature pencil case clock device mechanism into the wall of another class with the alarm actually set to detonate the beeping sound in order to get the attention he had not received from the previous teacher.

" The teenager said another teacher became aware of it when the device beeped during the lesson.

"She was like - it looks like a bomb," he said."

Alarm, people!

Wake up time, people!

All of you so-called millennial generation can only watch as you are not fully conscious of the situation. You can only watch. We are here living it.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

You actually believe that?

And why do people keep bringing up leftists? What do they have to do with this? I swear it seems that every single thread on ATS end up with arguments that it's the left and right faults or influences.

I didn't really read much into this story but isn't a pencil case small?

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

Attempts at being patronising don't really work with me I'm afraid.

You've obviously drunk the kool aid from your stance on the issue. That means you are part of the problem - a lamb to the slaughter if you will - your opinion is born out of propagandised right wing groupthink and you've absorbed it hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Post 911 America and the terrorist have won!!, they have gotten much of America so scared we see things that is not actually there, threats that are not present .fears that is tapped into with ease by skillful Pols for their own benefit , common sense erased from the general public as we point fingers at what we consider the other..even when those so-called others are actually us !! this is not limited to Sarah Palin and others many on the left see as Batty for even lefties like Bill Maher and Richard Dawkins joined in the scaremongering

Would I have seen a bomb?? not really as the stuff we made looked just as crazy, but again as I said earlier this was decades before 911 , maybe it was the briefcase to hold it together we just slipped ours into a bag and brought it to the lab.
edit on 22-9-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It seems like an odd electronic project. It's not really a god project, it's a gutted clock. Guess it could be good solder project. But there are much better kit projects that the same price of the pencil case. I know I have a few of them on my desk, a lot of my co-workers like pressing all the things with buttons on my desk.

Too bad about the clock he gutted, looks like it was a pretty nice clock. Even had a 9 volt back up battery. It is using an older timer chip. I do like how he took the time to rivet the display to the case. Most kids today don't even know what a rivet is. Though I do have to take points off for the unmounted power inverter that's just asking for someone to get hurt if it's plugged in.

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
AHMED’S SISTER ADMITS SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR ALLEGED BOMB THREAT 3 YEARS EARLIER

www.breitbart.com...

weird

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
AHMED’S SISTER ADMITS SCHOOL SUSPENSION FOR ALLEGED BOMB THREAT 3 YEARS EARLIER

www.breitbart.com...

weird

LOL...nice.