It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring in the refugees.. Or help the homeless?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So building a wall in Saudi to keep people out is fine, but building one in the U.S. Is bad. Kk

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

When the high commissioner on the human rights council wags the finger at the US and it's allies for helping create the clusterluck in the middle east then it should be an obligation.

The so called 'coalition of the willing' should do their bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
8 to 12 million illegals and more pouring across the border every day. On the average there is 3.5 million homeless in the U.S. Our infrastructure is crumbling and getting worse. Bridges fall, water and gas lines rupture and roads with potholes so big that they damage cars. What do our Glorious Leaders do? Build more bombs, give billions to countries that hate us and bring more dangerous "refugees" to our country that further strains our govt resources and let them scatter to the wind. Obama's administration has been a huge embarrassment to this country.

AND, for this great service..........we pay ever higher and higher taxes! Why I ask anyone do we so willingly pay ever higher taxes to a dysfunctional government that's essentially surrendered national sovereignty over the borders in order to satisfy its Corporate Bosses?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

i have always felt that we should take care of our own first.
instead of taking in 10k refugees from another country and giving them aid 10k american citizens should be helped.

i dont understand it. not just in this situation either.

all the money/time/resources spent helping people from other countries. food drives. clothing drives.

i think all of that should be put on hold and those resources spent on our own people in our own backyard.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Then maybe with a capital M we can help clean up our mess abroad.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Im very happy to see most are on the same page as me with this issue.
Clean the dog crap up in our own backyards before we host a party.
I just cant boggle my mind around it, millions of homeless here, which could in turn become tax paying citizens... given the proper aid.
Yet we keep dragging in more refugees that become the burden on not only the gov. But the tax paying folks on the country, Costing more and more.

We need a total clearing of the dinosaurs in gov and bring in a younger generation. A generation that will still be alive in 20 years to see the fall out of our current actions. And by current actions i dont just mean the topic at hand, im talking all across the board.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

But, if we focused on our own problems....and strengthened ourselves from within...America would become what it always had the potential to be...

And that, is the problem.

We cannot have that.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

So building a wall in Saudi to keep people out is fine, but building one in the U.S. Is bad. Kk

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, blunt-one.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Didn't know I needed your approval. Certainly never want it..

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I have a novel idea, let's quit letting the most profitable corporations and multinationals in history stop getting away with paying little or no taxes, offshoring their money, outsourcing jobs, messing with our trade tariffs and buying our entire government out from under us. Then we'd have enough revenue to take care of our homeless, live up to the words on Lady Liberty and solve a ton of other problems... with enough left over to pay down the deficit.

Heretic !!

We have a heretic in our midst !!

Somebody get out the tar and feathers, quick !

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Didn't know I needed your approval. Certainly never want it..

At least get it straight. What I said previous page:

The Kingdom of Saud is erecting an Iron Ciutain on its border with Iraq. They aren't taking any refugees.

Thats part of the problem.

You twisted that to…

So building a wall in Saudi to keep people out is fine…

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

The funny thing is I actually get that a lot. Even in real life.

Damn villagers and their pitchforks and torches.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
GLOBALISTS. not "america" exclusively, but GLOBALISTS. for all you know, your own country's rich and leaders are silent partners with these guys.

edit on 12-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It's an election cycle, so now is when we need to really hammer on both of these issues.
Some of the "greatest" are offering themselves up for public service.
I think, that in the near future, more than just lip service, I mean real ACTION, will be taken.
Given a bit of time, and the tremendous resources available, a bipartisan commission will figure out a way to send our homeless overseas, and accurately drop them from high altitudes onto any and all potential refugees.
problems solved on someone else's soil.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

That would be great, thank you! it would solve so much, all at once! (sorry i had to
)

But the US, is, and has always been, stretched too far, too thin, spoon in every soup, it is not going to end well, a young nation exploding in every possible direction, just think how it all started way back when, i would not be surprised if it falls in the next ten years.
I cannot understand the american state of mind, i am a finn, and we have pretty much kept to ourselves since the stone age, eating seals and sharping knives, but we also, are a pale (literally) shadow, of what once was a truly independent country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join