It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bring in the refugees.. Or help the homeless?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Do you think the USA should bring in and house 10,000 refugees?

At first i thought, well okay thats a nice gesture. But then i was thinking, what about the all
Ready high crime rates and not to mention the USA turning its back on its own citizens that are homeless on the streets or living in extream poverty.

My opinion, and thats all that it is, opinion..
Focus on the issues at home first. Find a away to house and feed the homeless that are american citizens.
Think globaly, ACT locally.

ATS... Your thoughts? Help 10,000 US citizens that are homeless and poverty stricken or bring in the masses of refugees?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Don`t you have enough problems as it is? sure looks that way..

From my perspective, it looks real bad, and we share a border with Russia, think about that

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Both?

I dunno, it's all so simple for those at the top.

They make it seem like we have a say in anything they do and then let us down anyways.

Might as well support both, even if neither happen.
At least shows you (generally not personally) aren't a soulless sociopath.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have always felt bad for the homeless and hungry people we have right here. We also have citizens who live in extremely dangerous areas where they fear leaving their houses lest they get shot or stabbed. Illegals have come in and had their needs met before these people. Now we have a crisis of refugees who desperately need help and last I heard we were taking in ten thousand. I'm all for helping anyone but how can we ignore the plight of our own suffering? They continue to get ignored. Why aren't they included???

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I like the cut of your jib. Its a PR stunt, nothing more. We paint ourselves as humanitarian, but only show compassion when the camera is on.

The IBC project released a report detailing the deaths it recorded between March 2003 and March 2005 in which it recorded 24,865 civilian deaths. The report says the U.S. and its allies were responsible for the largest share (37%) of the 24,865 deaths.

Link

That was just in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

We'll get the refugees whether we want them or not. Obama's administration admits nearly 100,000 refugees a year from Mexico and Central America. 10,000 or 100,000 Syrians? What does it matter really? There's nothing any of us can do about it.

I've worked with the homeless in the US and I can tell you, there will always be homeless in the US unless and until something is done about the lack of any meaningful treatment housing available for the mentally ill. A very large percentage of the homeless population suffers from mental illness and since the US closed all the mental health hospitals and residential treatment facilities, the situation simply gets worse.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I remember the fall of Saigon in 75 and the sudden influx of Vietnamese refugees and immigrants since. Makes ten thousand refugees look pretty small in comparison.

The country didn't fall apart as a result, and I understood at the time that since we destroyed Vietnam in the first place, it was probably the least we could do…

Article

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Focus on the issues at home first. Find a away to house and feed the homeless that are american citizens.

That's my biggest complaint about our government. We spend more tax payer's money on foreign aid and the military instead of the needs of American citizens here at home.

However, our government's foreign policy put us in a catch 22 situation in the middle east. Our continued involvement in foreign affairs and policing the world has it's consequences. The U.S. destabilized the middle east by invading Iraq and created a situation where we caused the rise of ISIS. We created many enemies in the middle east by killing innocent men women and children due to collateral damage.

Europe is bearing the onslaught of refugees due to our destabilization in that region. Since we caused this upheaval, we have a moral obligation to help these refugees find a home.

The U.S. needs to get their nose out of regional conflicts and let the locals take care of it. It's their neighborhood.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I have a novel idea, let's quit letting the most profitable corporations and multinationals in history stop getting away with paying little or no taxes, offshoring their money, outsourcing jobs, messing with our trade tariffs and buying our entire government out from under us. Then we'd have enough revenue to take care of our homeless, live up to the words on Lady Liberty and solve a ton of other problems... with enough left over to pay down the deficit.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
I remember the fall of Saigon in 75 and the sudden influx of Vietnamese refugees and immigrants since. Makes ten thousand refugees look pretty small in comparison.

The country didn't fall apart as a result, and I understood at the time that since we destroyed Vietnam in the first place, it was probably the least we could do…

Article

thats right
look on the bright side
we now have a Pho restaurant
& nail salon in every strip mall...

Nailed it Docu.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well if the refugees come into the US well this guy is gonna call for their enslavement:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Frankly 10,000 is very little for the USA to be taking seeing how they caused much of the mess in the Middle East. Take for example Poland. Forced to take about 11 or 12 thousand. Threatened by Germany and Belgium on September 1 (of all days) and if not they will have to pay a major fine. But no one questions the USA. The country that causes the entire mess and no one bothers forcing them. Take half of the refuggees because frankly that's a minimum in my opinion not a measly 10,000.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
We should take in exactly zero refugees.
Taking in refugees does nothing about the reason they are fleeing.
United Nations should go (led by the U.S. As always) and kick the sht out of whomever we perceive are the bad guys and be done with it.
There are already enough people here that shouldn't be.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
8 to 12 million illegals and more pouring across the border every day. On the average there is 3.5 million homeless in the U.S. Our infrastructure is crumbling and getting worse. Bridges fall, water and gas lines rupture and roads with potholes so big that they damage cars. What do our Glorious Leaders do? Build more bombs, give billions to countries that hate us and bring more dangerous "refugees" to our country that further strains our govt resources and let them scatter to the wind. Obama's administration has been a huge embarrassment to this country.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
We should take in just as many as Saudi Arabia and Dubai. We should follow their example in the treatment of the refugees...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Because that approach has worked out so well in Iraq and Afghanistan? The US is one of the major factors, if not THE major factor in the destabilization of the Middle East.

Are you suggesting we bomb ourselves?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Every Western country has this moral dilemma do we help our own or do we simply add more to our problem?

But the problem is politics and all our government's enslaved attitude towards getting rid of a legitimately elected head of State - which Assad is. No pipeline because Assad is still in power - but the human cost for stopping Russian oil getting into Europe is something ordinary people should be taking issue with.

The solution should be about putting Syria back together again quickly. However, a very important issue that is too PC to be spoken about is that Syria has conscription and many of the young men seeking asylum (a minimum of 70% of the refugees), are too cowardly to fight for their own countries so they are running away. Now the question is do you actually want men in your country who are too cowardly to fight to their own country and exactly what loyalty could you expect from them if you allow them to become your citizens. You guessed it, they would show as much loyalty to a new country as they are showing to their own country - zilch.

Syrians, like every other people have those who loathe their own government. (We could ask the question about our own government's motivation for its acts in Syria and if they are behind ISIS) and then ask ourselves do we loathe our own government's foreign policies? Its the same analoogy as weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

However the big danger in accepting these people is about who are the factions driving ISIS because they blur important, genuine information as to whether these muslims are actually running from ISIS or are part of ISIS spreading out into Western countries in order to destroy them?

This is a very serious matter and we all need to focus on it because the repercussions if we get it wrong will affect all our lives and cause civil war and deaths.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
It was working just fine until we cut and ran, actually

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: spoonbender

originally posted by: intrptr

Article

thats right
look on the bright side
we now have a Pho restaurant
& nail salon in every strip mall…

My mom gets her hair done for twenty US at one of those. The owner is friendly and a good beautician. By the way, shes returning to Vietnam, she can't stand another round of American Foreign Policy doing the same thing to more ME countries.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
We should take in just as many as Saudi Arabia and Dubai. We should follow their example in the treatment of the refugees…

The Kingdom of Saud is erecting an Iron Ciutain on its border with Iraq. They aren't taking any refugees.

Thats part of the problem. The Saudis let the US use their soil to launch invasions and bombing campaigns on Iraq.

Images

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join