It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of today ..... Sodomy is still against the law in 14 U.S. states.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

That's me out the window then. I mean I suppose I was born into a protestant family but as to the devout part, I dont even think I have ever read the Bible cover to cover.

edit on 12-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I am not a federalist. I believe that governance of people should be done on as small a scale as possible. Ideal: household level governance (rights of individuals). acceptable: state level governanc. unacceptable: federal level governance.

But Tex - what is a state if not a fiefdom?

Country, state, county, town... Household - wearer of the pants?

Nothing but fiefdoms all the way down...or up

:-)

You can scale it down all you want - you're still gonna end up with the Lord of the Flies landing on your pudding from time to time

edit on 9/12/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You do know Straight people engage in that sex also right? it's not "Gay Sex"

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

It can certainly be amusing! Hence the confusion I imagine.

End of the day Christianity has demonized the very notion of sexuality for quite sometime, and to be honest quite a few of the other religion's are no better, some even worse.

But the world spins. And things change overtime.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It works the other way around as well. If I were to attempt to consume alcohol on the street or light a cigarette in a pub thesedays I would be fined or charged.

Not sure where you live, but dinking alcohol in the street is perfectly legal in the UK. Local bylaws, or designated public place orders may apply to areas where drinking e.g. town centres on a Friday night can be problematic.

Smoking in a pub. The landlord will ask you to leave and most punters would object. You would only be fined, if charged.

You do paint a dark picture of the world.

To topic. Has anyone been charged and successfully prosecuted or consensual with sodomy/buggery in the US over the last couple of decades? I don't know the answer, so interested to learn if there have been any. On the other hand has anyone been executed in any number of Muslim countries for the act? We all know the answer to that one!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I live in Glasgow where drinking alcohol in any public place will indeed get you an on the spot fine and possibly even a night in the cells should the Police officers decide to be overzealous. As to smoking in a pub, generally you will be asked to leave refusal will again bring the Police who will most lightly fine you or charge you with breach of the peace.

The world is a dark place with or without my opinion, certainly so thesedays, in fact it's pretty much Orwellian truth be told.
edit on 12-9-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If humanity had put as much thought, time, action, violence and law into telling people the right way to scratch an itch - it couldn't possibly be more ridiculous

There are of course consequences that come with sex - but, I can't help but wonder if it weren't such a sin that maybe some people's minds would be less boggled, the consequences would all be less, so much more manageable -

maybe even welcome

edit on 9/12/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Odd.... but somehow I take pride in breaking certain laws

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
I live in Glasgow where drinking alcohol in any public place will indeed get you an on the spot fine and possibly even a night in the cells should the Police officers decide to be overzealous.

Ah ha. The Scottish Government is a bit draconian.

www.glasgow.gov.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well I think it was a Labour council that implemented the overtly draconian alcohol laws under the premise of retarding the young neds drinking in the streets and parks. Don't hold me to that all the same could quite as easily been SNP related.

As with all things alcohol Scotland seems to be rather conservative which is surprising considering our veracity for its consumption. End of the day it still gets my goat that you still cannot purchase the stuff on a Sunday morning before midday. Then again I remember when the boozers only opened for a couple of hours on A Sunday.

By the way I'm not an alcoholic just using it as a reference point regarding overtly totalitarian laws. LoL

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Speaking of these ridiculous laws:

7 States Still Classify Cohabitation as Illegal

Laws: Couples living together outside marriage can be cited for 'lewd, lascivious' conduct and rejected for certain jobs.

Source

Older article but not shocked some of the same states are included, likely similar laws for the same or other states as well for those not included.
edit on 12-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: DeathSlayer

pffft - lightweights.

In Utah, it is illegal to be in a public space with a paper bag containing a violin.

I can't be bothered linking that - just google "insane laws 2015" or something like that.

In my home town, its illegal to own a pig but you can still squeal like one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join