It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As of today ..... Sodomy is still against the law in 14 U.S. states.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
So here it is ATS............. I am coming out of the closet....... ....

I am against homosexuality and sodomy. It is a perversion and unnatural act.

I am also against homosexual marriage.

Whew......... I feel better.

So if I ever move back to the U.S. (which I never will) I guess I will be living in one of the 14 states as mentioned above.

edit on 12-9-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Does that mean gays only live in the other 36 states cuz I don't think that's right.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
So here it is ATS............. I am coming out of the closet....... ....

I am against homosexuality and sodomy. It is a perversion and unnatural act.

I am also against homosexual marriage.

Whew......... I feel better.

So if I ever move back to the U.S. (which I never will) I guess I will be living in one of the 14 states as mentioned above.

Not.

See. This is the problem with religion, busybodies, and nanny-state government practices. Seriously. What difference does it make to you and I what two people do in the privacy of their own home, as long as they are harming no one else? If no one had told us what they were doing, we would go about our lives, and there would be no ill-effect on us, or anyone else in the world.

This is where not only religion, but also the aforementioned busybodies, fail miserably. Both teach us that other peoples lives are in some way our business, and affect us, even when their lives are not our business, and have no effect on us whatsoever. I know you are unable to agree, but just my two shillings.
edit on 9/12/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I can have an opinion just like everyone else and I will voice it.

I am not demanding those who commit sodomy to stop. If that is what they want to do fine but I don't have to agree with it and when I object out comes the haters who make accusations simply because I am against these practices.

Not once.....I have spoken of God within this thread or religion but you have. Why?

Can an theist be against homosexuality? What about an agnostic?

You brought religion in this thread not me. Simply because you know I am a Christian you bring religion into this thread.

EVERYONE has an opinion and when people like you reject our opinion and then use our beliefs as a reason to why we are wrong......well ......you are a hypocrite and the proof is in your post.

Stop judging you do not have the authority and neither do I.

I have not judged homosexuals I am against it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Sorry to burst your bubble, but those 14 states have homosexuals living there, and there is sodomy going on daily by homosexuals AND heterosexuals. Same-sex marriage is legal in all 50 states now.

Also, wherever you are currently living, I can pretty much guarantee you there are homosexuals and sodomy there as well.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Just curious....and not at all attempting to get personal info from you, but...

Is wherever you're at now free of gays and sodomy? Are both outlawed?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I imagine our respective nations kill 100s if not 1000s of individuals ever day. Yet it's plainly stated on currency "In God we trust" rather hypocritical imho.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I completely understand your viewpoint. Just because you think it's wrong doesn't mean you hate anyone.
I don't feel that gays choose how they are any more than a straight person. I do think it's biological wrong though. Life is meant to procreate.
But I can accept their lifestyles and think they deserve equal rights under the law.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I did indeed bring religion into this thread. Have a great day, DS.

ETA: I wasn't going to go here, but after thinking about it, your post deserves a proper response.

I am not demanding those who commit sodomy to stop. If that is what they want to do fine but I don't have to agree with it and when I object out comes the haters who make accusations simply because I am against these practices.

Why is it when anyone disagrees with you, they're haters. But when you disagree with them, it's about the love of god?

Not once.....I have spoken of God within this thread or religion but you have. Why?

You didn't have to DS. For one, everyone who has been on ATS for a short time, knows your stance, just as they do mine, and many others. Secondly, the very word sodomy, and by extension, the laws regarding it, derive from religion. The obvious is obvious. Your stance against it is religious in nature, and you do want them to stop, because it offends you.

You brought religion in this thread not me. Simply because you know I am a Christian you bring religion into this thread.

Actually, you did from the start, albeit indirectly, and your statement is disingenuous.

EVERYONE has an opinion and when people like you reject our opinion and then use our beliefs as a reason to why we are wrong......well ......you are a hypocrite and the proof is in your post.

And you reject our opinion, and use our lack of belief as a reason we are wrong. Does that make you a hypocrite, and a hater? The proof is in your post.

Stop judging you do not have the authority and neither do I.

I do have the authority to judge anything and anyone, but I don't believe those who disagree with my judgement are haters and hypocrites.

I have not judged homosexuals I am against it.

The very fact that you are against it, means you have made a judgement. As well, your god has made his judgement clear, and you agree with him. So by extension, you have judged all of these people.
edit on 9/12/2015 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

WHERE'S YOUR LINK???

And so what? Sodomy is defined as ANY non-procreative sexual activity. Not just homosexual activity. So... A LOT of us are guilty.

And if your wife is of the same sex as you, then according to North Carolina law you might also be charged with sodomy.

Look at the N. Carolina Law again.

the inserting, by a male, of his sexual organ into the mouth or anus of another male or a female

Anyway, all state sodomy laws were overturned in 2003, when the Supreme Court reversed the decision of Lawrence v. Texas. It doesn't matter that the laws are still "on the books" in these states. They were OVERTURNED. They are VOID. They don't matter and are not legal.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Section 16-6-2. Sodomy; aggravated sodomy; medical expenses

Latest version.

(a) (1) A person commits the offense of sodomy when he or she performs or submits to any sexual act involving the sex organs of one person and the mouth or anus of another.

(2) A person commits the offense of aggravated sodomy when he or she commits sodomy with force and against the will of the other person or when he or she commits sodomy with a person who is less than ten years of age. The fact that the person allegedly sodomized is the spouse of a defendant shall not be a defense to a charge of aggravated sodomy.

(b) (1) Except as provided in subsection (d) of this Code section, a person convicted of the offense of sodomy shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 20 years and shall be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2.

(2) A person convicted of the offense of aggravated sodomy shall be punished by imprisonment for life or by a split sentence that is a term of imprisonment for not less than 25 years and not exceeding life imprisonment, followed by probation for life. Any person convicted under this Code section of the offense of aggravated sodomy shall, in addition, be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Sections 17-10-6.1 and 17-10-7.

(c) When evidence relating to an allegation of aggravated sodomy is collected in the course of a medical examination of the person who is the victim of the alleged crime, the Georgia Crime Victims Emergency Fund, as provided for in Chapter 15 of Title 17, shall be financially responsible for the cost of the medical examination to the extent that expense is incurred for the limited purpose of collecting evidence.

(d) If the victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years of age and the person convicted of sodomy is 18 years of age or younger and is no more than four years older than the victim, such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall not be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2.

Laws 1833, Cobb's 1851 Digest, p. 787; Code 1863, §§ 4251, 4252; Code 1868, §§ 4286, 4287; Code 1873, §§ 4352, 4353; Code 1882, §§ 4352, 4353; Penal Code 1895, §§ 382, 383; Penal Code 1910, §§ 373, 374; Code 1933, §§ 26-5901, 26-5902; Ga. L. 1949, p. 275, § 1; Code 1933, § 26-2002, enacted by Ga. L. 1968, p. 1249, § 1; Ga. L. 1994, p. 1959, § 7; Ga. L. 1996, p. 1115, § 2; Ga. L. 1997, p. 6, § 3; Ga. L. 2000, p. 1346, § 1; Ga. L. 2006, p. 379, § 9/HB 1059; Ga. L. 2011, p. 214, § 2/HB 503.

Source

As far as I can find, the law is still valid in Georgia and has yet to be mitigated by Lawrence vs Texas.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
I can have an opinion just like everyone else and I will voice it.

Well, you sure can! And everyone else can do the same. Right?

You know what's really scary? Your neighbors probably have engaged in sodomy, even though you don't live in the US!!! The people you see every day probably engage in sodomy! I would wager that YOU have engaged in sodomy! There are sodomites ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!

Sodomy, it's not just for gay folks, anymore! LOL! And it never has been.

In fact, not all gay folks bump those particular uglies. Any sex that is not for procreation, even between a man and a woman, is sodomy! So, unless you have had sex ONLY to procreate, and it's always been penis/vagina contact only (no hands or mouths or other parts) it was sodomy!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

It's still on the books in Georgia, as it is in many states, but they were all overturned.

On June 26, 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court in a 6-3 decision in Lawrence v. Texas struck down the Texas same-sex sodomy law, ruling that this private sexual conduct is protected by the liberty rights implicit in the due process clause of the United States Constitution. This decision invalidated all state sodomy laws insofar as they applied to noncommercial conduct in private between consenting civilians and reversed the Court's 1986 ruling in Bowers v. Hardwick that upheld Georgia's sodomy law.

Source
edit on 9/12/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

You are not being hated for your opinions or attitudes.

To construe disagreement as hate brings up questions of your motives, does it not?

Why even bring it up? Of course you know what they say about opinions.....
edit on 12-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

I imagine our respective nations kill 100s if not 1000s of individuals ever day. Yet it's plainly stated on currency "In God we trust" rather hypocritical imho.

That's exactly my point. It's hypocrisy.

I've said this in another thread, unless you are a 100% devout Christian and you don't sin then you have no leg in the game. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You are not being hated for your opinions or attitudes.

To construe disagreement as hate brings up questions of your motives, does it not?

Why even bring it up? Of course you know what they say about opinions.....

The modern definition of disagreement is hatred. You didn't know that?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

HAHA! Then, in that case, you'll be living among willful law breakers and criminals!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
So what? The only legal sexual position in Alabama is missionary, but I guarantee everyone is breaking that law, and no one is kicking down doors to enforce it.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Allowing two people of the same sex to get married is federal law however 14 U.S. states and the U.S. military still have laws against sodomy.

This doesnt make sense.

Marriagr and sodomy dont go together.

Gay doesnt mean they will have sodomy.

More straight people perform sodomy more than gay people.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I think sex must be a very confusing thing for some people

:-)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join