It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which country would you prefer to live in other than USA?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: johnwick

Luckily for you that kangaroo found alcohol .

Omfg!!!!

I can't look at that thing..... That is just crazy looking

I always knew they were evil!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

You just haven't eat a hotdog at a BBQ,waved a flag, pledged allegiance, and shot guns naked,wearing only cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, in the air within city limits; whilst drinking jim beam.It's an amazingly empowering experience. Come on and be American you'd love it!

I say all that to say this, you definitely haven't seen or ever been to this place in America, which is where my heart belongs..

edit on 12-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: PheonixReborn

You just haven't eat a hotdog at a BBQ,waved a flag, pledged allegiance, and shot guns naked,wearing only cowboy boots and a cowboy hat, in the air within city limits; whilst drinking jim beam.It's an amazingly empowering experience. Come on and be American you'd love it!

I did all of that while in Texas!!!

But we added tannerite to the mix just to make sure we did it right the first time...... Damn those local Leo's know how to party!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I here Panama in nice. Large expat community. Im waiting till after the next election before I set plans in motion....I would rather have my dick cut off than live in a nation that elects Hillary

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   
From the United States, live in Mexico.

I don't mind the life in the US, and I don't mind the life here. I've been other places too.

I can tell you that you're lead to believe that life in the US is better than anywhere else, if you live there. But that is not true.

You are told you are the land of the free, but that is not true.

You are told that Mexico is a bad place to be, and think it is true because many people come from Mexico to the US, but that is not true.

I've found more freedom in Mexico than in the US about many things. Here I built a reasonable house for about $4,000US. The same would have cost me about maybe $150,000US? And it is on the beachfront, so that would probably make it worth around, $300,000 or more US money? I don't know much about these things.

I never get stopped by the police. And when I do, (which was only one time), she was very polite.

In the US I would get stopped for nothing. And mostly rude, and power-hungry cops were there to serve me "justice" (a back light that wasn't working, I didn't know about, a cracked window-shield, anything slight they could think of to pull me over). In Mexico I drove around for two years in a vehicle without plates, and the cops never pulled me over once for it. And they were much more humble, and nice, than the mean, abusive police in the states.

I have neighbors who know I'm from the US and ask me why I am not there, because everyone wants to go there, and I just tell them, it aint all it's cracked up to be. Trust me. There you work everyday, pay bills, and never enjoy anything you have in life.

Here I lay back, enjoy the waves, and work occasionally. And no one has ever bothered me.

If you're retiring, and have some money, boy do I recommend you find a nice place to retire in Mexico, build a moderate size house on the beach, and enjoy life. No excessive taxes, no overbearing police force, and a lot more freedom than in the states.

There are things you have to get used to of course, but once you get rid of the busy, hustle and bustle of the US life, the simple life will appeal, and you will understand how many stupid Americans were mislead to believe that materialism leads to happiness. No wonder you're all so full of angry, sour, violent, drugged people.

Now, I do want to visit Australia. And if I weren't here, I wouldn't mind moving there, one day.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Well brother, that's why you always got a drink on me if ever wondering through the great state of Texas, sir.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: odinsway
I here Panama in nice. Large expat community. Im waiting till after the next election before I set plans in motion....I would rather have my dick cut off than live in a nation that elects Hillary

That is pretty hardcore, though I understand the sentiment, I cannot say that I would reach the same conclusion considering I consider that part sacred. Have a good one in Panama stay safe brother.
edit on 12-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Things may have changed since I last paid attention... but at one point buying land or property in Mexico, as a non-native was very complicated. There were "restricted zones" around the beach and borders if memory serves. I do recall that a great many retirees in Baja were allowed to purchase retirement condos and then were all stripped of their property in mass and told to leave the country.

As I said, things may have changed now - but as of about 2005-2006 this did still apply.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Italy, police are great and totally respectful, they will chat and joke all day long if you let them, food is great, property is cheaper than most western countries, land is dirt cheap (pun), Mediterranean climate, stunning countryside (mountains, plains, forrests, beaches), in the process of legalising cannabis, ........the list goes on.
edit on 12-9-2015 by brancolinoxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Godzone, New Zealand.

That's why I'm here.

(but Australia& Spain are OK,too).

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: JackReyes

Things may have changed since I last paid attention... but at one point buying land or property in Mexico, as a non-native was very complicated. There were "restricted zones" around the beach and borders if memory serves. I do recall that a great many retirees in Baja were allowed to purchase retirement condos and then were all stripped of their property in mass and told to leave the country.

As I said, things may have changed now - but as of about 2005-2006 this did still apply.

I don't know about that.

My wife is from Mexico. And is a Mexican citizen, and everything, including my business is in her name. I guess things may just be easier for me because of that. We've never had any problems. And I've never had the inclination to try it on my own. It may be harder for an American couple, who doesn't have someone from Mexico.

Of course I have several American friends who have lived here many years, and never seen them have any problems.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If I had the money I'd like to live in Costa Rica. Great country. Caribbean coast and Pacific coast and rainforest, pretty good hospitals. Relatively peaceful compared with some other Central American nations

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Luckily for you that kangaroo found alcohol .

Terminator roos!

Run kids, it's Skippy!

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Belgium of course, this is 10 min from my house

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ddrneville
Belgium of course, this is 10 min from my house

That's op. (gamer language).

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just thinking about things, I could take my meager (international) cash assets and live like a king in the Greek Isles right now.

That might be nice?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Haven't heard from the Canucks yet. How are things up there?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I am a patriot in this case. Would travel (again) to many countries, like my own very much.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ddrneville

This my local castle
edit on 12-9-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

They're already snowed in and hibernating.

I'm an Englishman and circumstance left me living in Germany.I'd really love to live in Iceland or if I ever became rich,Coober Pedy in Australia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join