It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which country would you prefer to live in other than USA?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
As long as they got a toilet I can sit on instead of a hole in the ground I squat over, I can live in that country.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItVibrates

Margaret River region in Western Australia? You will need to upgrade that lazy 400hp for something 400Kw tho.

EDIT: Sorry, I must have missed the bit about skiing. Yeah, na not Margs region then.

I like Australia, damn hot though, but I grew up in Arizona. Beer is expensive there too

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I have all the above in my little corner of England.

At what cost? I think that is what it comes down to many times. If I made 500,000 euros a year I could make just about any location on earth "the best" place to live.

O and US education system is #e. So wouldn't go there for the schools. In fact I know 2 Americans living here that are in the UK for our schools

I can't complain with the schools my kids are in. Everyone gets a long, big sports, music, metal shop, wood working etc..My one boy is in advance placement physics, math, and science in 9th grade.

Anyone would think only the USA is developed!

It's funny you say that since I did not give a country only my desires of what I would like and asked the community to place me...

O and I have better healthcare than you too!

Hmm what do you mean better? My company provides me free full healthcare I also have free VA healthcare if I wanted to use it. I pick and choose any doctor I want or any program I would like to do and pay close to zero. I think my meds run me 20 bucks a month, but some are not cheap. I wait a few days at best for just about any treatment. Last time I had shoulder surgery I waited about 2 weeks to remove a bone spur that been bugging me for years. I can only have massages 6 times a month on my healthcare plan, so maybe your IS better.

But stops the BS that everywhere else is 3rd would squalor and all the perks and luxurys you enjoy are unique to the USA...there not!

Once again I put out my desires only, maybe the US is not the best for this IDNK, that is why I asked... oh, add fiber-optics internet, I been spoiled and I do not want to go any slower now...

edit on 12-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I always liked Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Good people, good beer and a nice relaxed vibe. The weather is kind of cold though. I always like Luxembourg as well. Or a nice little place on the beach in the Bahamas would be nice.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Uruguay is on my list.
Most things are legal there. Good things.

Other idea; sailboat.
Just live in the Caribbean

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Maybe Switzerland or Sweden?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The Republic of Texas

-Christosterone

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I've always felt attracted to Australia.

As circumstances had it, I ended up going to France, and it was a pretty good place for a young couple to raise kids.
Now I'd like a bit more adventure.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
a reply to: JackReyes

I find your belligerence quite comical/revealing in light of a few threads that you've authored.
Particularily the one in the religious forum...

Remember, 6 degrees of separation..

Asia really isn't a country. Look it up!

Asia is subdivided into 48 countries, two of them (Russia and Turkey) having part of their land in Europe. Asia has extremely diverse climates and geographic features. Climates range from arctic and subarctic in Siberia to tropical in southern India and Southeast Asia. - Wikipedia about Asia.

edit on 12-9-2015 by JackReyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: ItVibrates

Margaret River region in Western Australia? You will need to upgrade that lazy 400hp for something 400Kw tho.

EDIT: Sorry, I must have missed the bit about skiing. Yeah, na not Margs region then.

I like Australia, damn hot though, but I grew up in Arizona. Beer is expensive there too

Also Pert is about as expensive anymore as Singapore ! That is always something to consider when making new roots IMO. Exchange rate for your particular monetary nest egg also plays a serious role in considering where you want to make a new home.

Australian and Yanks seem to get on quite well especially with U.S. mid westerners. We have a whole bunch of Australian folks here not to mention Brits, Swedes, French, Denmark, Norway, Canadains you name it.. Many live here (Thailand) for 6 months and then go home during the hot season... Why because it gets darn hot (I just turn down the air conditioning when home and tee off at 06:30 before the heat kills me) and I spent 30 years in Houston, Texas in their brand of to darn hot during the summer and I avoided the heat as much as possible during mid day when I could ! Sorry to complain or sound negitive but many of my activities are outdoors .

Presently the US dollar is strong; so for those in the states who want to travel and check out new places, now ain't a bad time to go forth and do your checking. Do not exchange dollars for the local currency at an airport unless absolutely necessary for it is usually a terrible exchange rate and a rip off..

A friend of mine is Presently in Bali which can be beautiful (at a price) and at the touristy spots almost expensive as the states or Australia. . I am supposed to play Golf in Cambodia and Vietnam in a couple of months and Laos has some beautiful courses to but for some reason I have not played a tournament there ?.. Although I must say most of Asia has figured it out that if tourist like something charge 2 to three times more than a local would pay for the same thing unless you get away from the tourist spots. It is not the money as much as the principle that can grate IMO.

I have had friends who lived in the Philippines, some as long as 10 years but the PI is third world of the third world in many undesirable ways and not a place to raise kids unless you have serious bucks for private schooling. Just my opinion and what friends of mine have said. I always had fun in PI but I was single and only had to consider myself for the short times I stayed there over the years.

Everyone just has to go and see for themselves where they are thinking about moving.. Travel brochures might catch your interest; they are supposed too... but reality might be something totally different once you leave the tourist traps err places and think about settling down there.

Many countries will have an expat web sight which is a great place to ask questions from the local people who have made the move.. First hand accounts are always better than the travel brochure.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I was reading recently that Singapore has more millionaires per capita than anywhere on earth. (Somewhere around 21% of the population). That could be a part of the reason things are more expensive there?

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I might rather pick a planet.

Otherwise, New Zealand. Or Spain in another century. I mean it is all just fantasy right? There's no actual getting out of this country or off this planet.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Iceland is such a beautiful country that I honestly wouldn't mind living there.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Republic of Cascadia

Seriously though probably the U.K. (England or Scotland).

Thailand would also be very interesting.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Country? Dude, I wanna go to another dimension. This one is run by assholes!

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well. With the state of the world and with all the nuttballs wanting to release their Nukes. Nowhere is really safe.
But if i were to take a Guess, US Virgin Islands would be the best place to begin.

100 flights coming and going daily, English speaking, modern medical, no passport required for US citizens, Tax Exempt on many commodities, Unlimited Fish supply, Legal to own and operate Submarine

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Dubai

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Dubai

Meh. I have a friend from there. She said it's pretty boring.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
I might rather pick a planet.

You can join me on Kepler-452b

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

The Solomon Islands , An archipelago of 992 tropical islands and atolls , a Beautiful Place to Live , but as a Westerner you would need a substantial amount of Money to Live there .

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join