It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Using Black Search Light *Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

First of all when I referred to the youtube post I made I meant my POST before YOURS I admit I could have put that better.

You DO get really worked up don't you.

First of all I never singled out a member on here I said MANY members claim not only multiple but more importantly regular sightings, now may be it's me but if I was in that situation and able to prove propbaly they most important thing every I would be ready for the next one

At no point did I EVER claim I had the best equipment or was the best photographer but hey thanks for the complement

Now like a few other like minded members on here I like to show something to help back up or explain a statement I make.

At night forget smartphones forget normal video cameras even if they claim HD because what counts is sensor size and a don't mean number of pixels I mean this.

Sensor Size

Smartphone small cameras/video cameras the bottom row.

So at night smartphones and small video cameras will struggle with focus & exposure where even an entry level DSLR will have at least an APS-C sensor (see chart above) and the ability to use manual focus and exposure.

That's why I showed two pictures to back up what I said.

The other issue with say smartphones they have a wide angle lens so your objects will look smaller in images or video than with your naked eye so what I am saying is it's really pointless standing out at night taking pictures of the night sky with a Samsung S3 mini or any other phone for that matter.

I also posted a link to a youtube video to show how out of focus highlights can change shape and size due to focus.

So get of the high horse and smell the coffee because EVEN IF YOU posted something if I could back and say it was real I would that's why I joined BUT at the same time if I think someone is mistaken/taking BS I will post something to explain why

That's how you DENY IGNORANCE on here.

edit on 20-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: ebb3ka94

what are you talking about?

Why are you telling me what to do?

Also why are you insinuating I am close minded?

Damn someone needs to learn some manners I am sure you would not come close to talking to me like that in person..

I do not have a problem with youtube, try reading and understanding what I wrote, before you insult me and boss me around on ats.. LOL

You think that was me bossing you around? Sorry, not even close "big boy"

edit on 20-9-2015 by ebb3ka94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sorry i just dont see how the video i posted even show slightly any resemblance to what you posted. Out of focus lighting? You can clearly see it changing from a diamond to an upside down triangle and even radiates a bright glow that seems to cloak over it if you look at the whole video entirely. Even in the video my cousin says it may not be alien due to the fact it is above the nas base in our city. Im not saying its alien but i believe it is a UFO. And my education in photography and lights is rather adequate so I don't believe it to be a rather simple mistake in reply to: wmd_2008

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

a reply to: tigertatzen

First of all when I referred to the youtube post I made I meant my POST before YOURS I admit I could have put that better.

You DO get really worked up don't you.

First of all I never singled out a member on here I said MANY members claim not only multiple but more importantly regular sightings, now may be it's me but if I was in that situation and able to prove propbaly they most important thing every I would be ready for the next one

At no point did I EVER claim I had the best equipment or was the best photographer but hey thanks for the complement

Now like a few other like minded members on here I like to show something to help back up or explain a statement I make.

At night forget smartphones forget normal video cameras even if they claim HD because what counts is sensor size and a don't mean number of pixels I mean this.

Sensor Size

I think we all get a bit worked up on here. We're a passionate sort. But that's just the way I speak...I'm very blunt and descriptive.

It's great that you post things to back your opinion. What is not great, however, is bombarding people with long posts chronicling your expertise and gadgetry and clouding the situation, which you most definitely did. You did everything but address what I was actually saying. True, you did not mention an individual member, but you posted in agreement with another person who did and expounded on it, so again, it's semantics. Perhaps giving your bio to everyone in lieu of addressing a direct query is your MO, but to me it just comes across as posturing and arguing just so you don't have to admit there are things in the world that you do not actually have expert knowledge of.

This footage may indeed be fake, but its validity has absolutely nothing to do with what equipment it was filmed with. That was your assertion, and that is inaccurate. I had a sighting last fall and had nothing that would photograph it because cell phone cameras are not equipped for night footage. I took pics anyway and even video, and handed them over to the MUFON investigator in case their people could enhance them, because they came out completely black. And even though numerous people said repeatedly that there was nothing else I could have done on a simple phone camera, there were still people, including the member you were agreeing with, who called me a liar because I was unable to get pics with mine.

The fact that I wrote everything down directly after my sighting, made a report to MUFON and provided a highly detailed, chronological account of what happened meant nothing. Because I didn't own a night-vision camera or telescope or camcorder, I was lying. But...as clearly evidenced here, actual footage isn't good enough either.

It is ridiculous. We could learn so much from each other if we stopped making everything a contest, but there are a group of people on this site, yourself included, who invariably summarily dismiss others, launch personal attacks at and mock them and essentially make them wish they had never shared anything at all. And you do it on every single thread. That is not denying ignorance. It is perpetuating it and making this a very uncomfortable place to visit anymore. No one wins in a situation like that.

I am done discussing this with you, ok...either you get it or you don't...but it's pointless to argue because you will just waste my time and everyone else's finding new ways to justify what you're doing, rather than correcting the behavior. That's a real shame, but it's not for me to continue a hopeless battle.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

This footage may indeed be fake, but its validity has absolutely nothing to do with what equipment it was filmed with. That was your assertion, and that is inaccurate. I had a sighting last fall and had nothing that would photograph it because cell phone cameras are not equipped for night footage.

Yes maybe we got off on the wrong foot but I would like to point out how above you have contradicted yourself look at the underlined above.

Have a look at this video

or this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Can you see that now if the video in the OP was filmed with this or indeed what you saw you would have had an answer , there are a group of people on youtube that are ALWAYS posting videos of claimed ufo's and I mean of the Alien kind, they don't all have the best equipment some have very good equipment but as I have said they don't use it properly.

This is not aimed at you, what I cannot understand is the logic of people on here with claims of regular multiple sightings is the simple fact they don't prepare for them to gather real evidence.

Like is said we have many keen even professional photographers on here that if we saw REAL evidence it would be backed 100%, that's why I joined to see REAL EVIDENCE and I hope we all do at some point

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Looks like optical camouflage to me; judging solely off explanations of the tech given by others. Maybe malfunctioning? Surely flashing colors and changing shapes isn't the most inconspicuous way to go about hiding yourself.

Very cuttlefish-esque the way it shifts it's colors. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

To add to my original post: Hearsay around the forums tells me theres another video similar to this of a "malfunctioning panel" acting whacky in public view. Haven't seen it myself, but something tells me this is what it would look like.

a reply to: harvey1502
edit on 21-9-2015 by Barkowsky because:

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

This footage may indeed be fake, but its validity has absolutely nothing to do with what equipment it was filmed with. That was your assertion, and that is inaccurate. I had a sighting last fall and had nothing that would photograph it because cell phone cameras are not equipped for night footage.

How was it that I contradicted myself, exactly? Please elaborate.

1) I saw a UFO. Observed it for a solid hour. Recorded every possible detail on paper. I had a crappy cell camera, the sky was back-lit by the Moon, the object was very far away...but I saw it with my own eyes. Just because I was unable to capture photos of it does not mean that it was any less valid of a sighting. I still saw it, whether my camera did or not, regardless of the quality of my available equipment.

2) There is indeed a setting like that, but it did not work for my sighting (which is discussed in detail on my thread). I tried anything and everything I could think of to grab photos of it. All different filters, with and without flash, ISO...I attempted it with every setting, but it did not work. My little crappy Galaxy S-3 simply was unable to capture anything but blackness. They are not manufactured for taking long-distance photos in the pitch black out the the country at night. I couldn't even take photos of the sky at night to capture the constellations, and I have tried, many times. I now have a Galaxy Prevail LTE, and it's got a much better camera, but I still cannot film or photograph the night sky with it, no matter what I try.

I fail to see any contradictions in what I said. UFO's are real, no matter what the recording equipment. A picture does not make an object any more or less real. It's not like you see something, but it only really exists if it is photographed. And it is beyond ludicrous to suggest such a thing. Cell phone cameras are not meant for shooting night footage. It may be possible, but not with every single shot, every single time. The ambient environment is more often than not a deciding factor in whether or not the photos will be viable.

This guy in the OP is videoing directly off of a screen because he doesn't know how to do it any other way. He should be applauded for figuring out a way to get that footage out there, despite having limited knowledge of his equipment. It's still a real object whether the quality is optimal or not, and nothing can change that.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Bump for new members

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Interesting thread!

Just doing my part to fix ats.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join