It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox news; true to form

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
considering that FOX and CNN are both owned and run by the same guy (Rupert Murdoch)

This is inaccurate, and the FCC would never allow it. For the record, Time Warner owns CNN and News Corp owns FoxNews.

As to Fox's coverage, specifically of the Gulf War, I didn't realize they even had news coverage back then since FoxNew's inception wasn't until '96. Local news is notoriously lacking so I wouldn't judge any media outlet based on that.

As to the tsunami in Asia, I've noted constant coverage on the 3 cable news channels but it's a little silly to think that the attention would rate anything close to an attack on our country. This disaster is unfortunate and sad, and many Americans are sending aid, but it's not going to dominate our media. Now, of course, we will start hearing a lot of weather related stories.

Anyways, there's just enough on cable to get at the truth, each person will have their preferences but it's unfair to label any one worse than the other because plenty of people will disagree, arguing instead that your favorite is the most bias.

I see them all as being bias (being ran by humans and all) though considering the number of commentators there are likable characters on each side, usually.

Besides, if you don't like the commercialized, politicized rhetoric there's always C-SPAN.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Fox is:

60% War (US related only)well it is an American channel so nothing strange there.

40% screaming at each other and not letting their guests answer their quistions proparly.

<< 1   >>

join