It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK i get it , you cannot compliment the opposite sex on their looks . If you are a man .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Really guys complaining here?

My girl gets a facebook message from a different stranger every other day like clockwork, saying something like 'hey mommy you beautiful.'

It is #ing creepy and honestly hilariously sad. My point is guys like this send out similar mesaages to multiple strangers all day long.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
She probably got offended because she's really not that attractive and figured he was trolling her

^^ this is a real mindset that some people have. I am not often complimented without either deflecting the comment( example:"your dress is so pretty"- "thanks, but it's not mine, it's my sister's "), or I feel I am being trolled.

While I don't attack others, it's a problem I have. It shouldn't be hard, just smile and say thanks. But I just always feel that I'm being made into a joke somehow. Must have had something traumatic happen in my youth! (I kid)

However, I don't know that this is the case for this woman. Sounds like she just wanted to draw attention.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

There is a time and a place for compliments...a professional networking website is NOT one of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"OK i get it , you cannot compliment the opposite sex on their looks . If you are a man ."

...unless you are a good looking man - then its flattery. If you are an average looking Joe its creepy.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
She just freaked because she wasn't attracted to this guy. If she would have been they'd be chatting it up right now and we'd know nothing about this story.

She saw her opportunity to call out an old man and bring herself up a notch (in her eyes at least) by taking him down a peg.

She seems like a really sweet person. Stunning even....

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

I completely agree with you. I made the joke because whenever I get a compliment it seems I'm waiting for the punchline.

But I also agree with Craftbuilder, had the guy been young and handsome there would have been no issue, she would have been flattered

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I bet I could take her!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I would find a comment on linked in regarding looks inappropriate, Facebook is fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join