It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK i get it , you cannot compliment the opposite sex on their looks . If you are a man .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
www.9news.com.au...

I was reading this article because , well basically i was bored , and it annoyed me . Basically this woman got the shirts on because a man complimented her on her looks on linkedin . Admittedly the man comes across as a bit creepy , but , that being said a pretty face is a pretty face and lets face it she was not wearing a burka . I begin .

I am on linked-in for business purposes not to be approached about my physical appearance or to be objectified by sexist men,”

Yes i get where you are coming from . But pretty is still pretty . I get it you are a professional .

The eroticisation of women’s physical appearance is a way of exercising power over women.

Huh , colour me stupid . but .... never mind .

Unacceptable and misogynistic behaviour. Think twice before sending another woman (half your age) such a sexist message.”

Back the truck up sweetheart , you brought age into it , really . Is it just me or has the moral high ground just shifted .

From Ralf on twitter .

TheRalph ‏@TheRalphRetort 14h14 hours ago
.@CRProudman You're a disgraceful trollop gunning for her 15 mins of fame and a book deal. You repulse anyone with even a shred of decency.

And its about now the good members of ATS are saying . Hmmm woman hater . Actually no , degrades women , no , Doesn't respect women , no .

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Read the article above , stuff it i will quote .

On the profile of a postgraduate student at Cambridge, where Miss Proudman is on sabbatical from her chambers to study for a PhD, she wrote: ‘Hot stuff!’, while under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: ‘oooo lalala

Just to show she is not sexist . Because that would be wrong .

Beneath photos from women, she was also happy to compliment their looks, saying to different friends: ‘Oh ladies, wowwweeeeee!!!!!!’, ‘wow! stunning!!!!’ and ‘Sexy lady!’

Sick of it . Absolutely sick of it . Dammit ladies . If you are pretty and its not an inappropriate time , i will tell you .

And Charlotte , think twice before trashing someone who has only done the same things as you .

Flame away .

edit on 11-9-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2015 by hutch622 because: i cant get the right there or was it their .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
All i can tell you is that i once told a lady in a restaurant that she was one of the most beautiful girls i had ever seen and she was very happy.

You just have to be non creepy about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
She probably got offended because she's really not that attractive and figured he was trolling her

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Why send her a message in the first place, what's the point?
OK you even admit he comes across 'a little creepy' so imagine how she felt?
So the guy thinks she's hot, why does he have to say anything - why not just think it and keep it to himself?
Does he think she'll see the message and then message him back offering to meet or something?
It's just weird to be honest.

Most people enjoy a compliment but there's a time, place and a way to go about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

I would not say she is unattractive . Different horses for different courses i suppose .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Yes you can you just need to do so in the appropriate fashion and in the correct moment. As with all things female timing is everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

So the guy thinks she's hot, why does he have to say anything

So she was offended , why did she try to destroy him online . May her boobs meet her knees and her butt meet her ankles . That way she can be sure she will not be objectified .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Sorry could not help myself .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

So she was offended , why did she try to destroy him online . May her boobs meet her knees and her butt meet her ankles . That way she can be sure she will not be objectified .

Well as you see from the other comments of support, there are plenty of other women who've had similar comments directed at them and had messages from guys.
The guy who sent her this message also says his message was misinterpreted and he meant she looked very professional and her photo was very business like.

What BS.

The site is LinkedIn not hook-ups.com.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

It's about how you do it.

I for one would not do it on the internet because it is indeed creepy.

I love some of the replies people give on here to members who have good looking avatars. It's creepy.

That said, this woman obviously has a feminist chip on her shoulder... And not the correct feminism - that new aggressive feminism which actually destroys all that feminists of previous years have worked for.

There are much better ways to deal with the situation. She has failed.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

That said, this woman obviously has a feminist chip on her shoulder... And not the correct feminism - that new aggressive feminism which actually destroys all that feminists of previous years have worked for.

And look how this may have turned out for her .

She has been warned she has ‘ruined her career’ by criticising Mr Carter-Silk and speaking out about sexism. Franklin Sinclair, a partner in one of the country’s largest criminal law firms, warned she could be blacklisted

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

It's about how you do it.

I for one would not do it on the internet because it is indeed creepy.

I love some of the replies people give on here to members who have good looking avatars. It's creepy.

There are much better ways to deal with the situation. She has failed.

I agree with all of that- but the OPs point was that men can't compliment women at all on their looks which is bull crap.
I agree with you, sending random strangers online messages about their looks IS creepy and especially on a professional site such as that.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I agree with all of that- but the OPs point was that men can't compliment women at all on their looks which is bull crap.

OK .

I agree with you, sending random strangers online messages about their looks IS creepy and especially on a professional site such as that.

So you can compliment , but not online . Ashley Maddison just went broke . Sorry it was a professional site , as evidenced by Charlottes professional assassination attempt on the compliment .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: stargatetravels as that.

So you can compliment , but not online . Ashley Maddison just went broke . Sorry it was a professional site , as evidenced by Charlottes professional assassination attempt on the compliment .

As I asked, what purpose does it serve on a site like LinkedIn?
Really - Ashley Maddison? Mmmkay.
That was a professional site, but a professional hook up/affair site.

You're just being difficult to be honest, you try and state in your OP that nobody can compliment women which is crap.
That was my main point, the other points stand about pm-ing strangers about their looks etc, I'd imagine most agree.
But whatever enjoy your thread.
edit on 11-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

The point of my OP was , even if a little creepy this man has been trashed worldwide . He made a comment online that has been shared WORLDWIDE . I am in Australia and i read it .But her comments along the very same lines to members of the opposite sex would not have even seen the light of day if it weren't for her attempt to once again screw a man for giving a compliment . Worldwide , did you read that ,and for the very same things she has done .

ETA . I have been paid compliments from the opposite sex at work . Not saying this is right . But . My first thought is hell yeah , i still got it .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
So here we have a woman being angry because of un unwanted 'compliment'. Like many feminist topics/issues, I think this is (close to) a non-issue, or at least, nothing that I'd write about online. Many modern feminists write rants on Tumblr and such about things that either aren't *that* much of a problem imo, or nothing more than a minor annoyance. It screams first world problems, privilege (for God's sake, I wish I was that lucky if *that* constituted suffering or mistreatment) and to quite an extent, seeking the feeling of being oppressed. Annoying guys are annoying guys for example, I agree, but hardly worth angry rants about privilege. This is one of the reasons why I can't call myself a feminist. Not because I'm into the ''whaaaaah guys aren't part of everything, this feminism thing should be for ME TOO otherwise that magically means they want to do to me what I want to do to them'' (which is basically what many men say, woman myself) or any of the other popular reasons to distance oneself from feminism but because it seems to become less reasonable and more about (imo) petty issues.

And not just that, but many more aspects. They go against women's rights even, or bring in other subjects where I just don't agree with their opinion.

This article is used however to yet again illustrate how crazy those meany feminists are. It's to stir up emotion/anger, of ''what is their problem? Is that all they worry about?'' etc, and thereby, has a certain narrative. The media can blow up about a relatively silly feminist, but when will they ridicule all those manospherians? They're more ridiculous than most of the feminists, if not all. So in that sense, I think we could call these articles 'news trolling'.

edit on 11-9-2015 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

What I find interesting is that no one commented on Proudmans hypocrisy!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

However, it emerged yesterday that the award-winning human rights barrister has commented on pictures of men on Facebook herself to praise their looks.

She also told female friends they looked 'sexy' and 'stunning' – the same word used by Mr Carter-Silk.

On the profile of a postgraduate student at Cambridge, where Miss Proudman is on sabbatical from her chambers to study for a PhD, she wrote: 'Hot stuff!', while under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: 'oooo lalala!'

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

This article is used however to yet again illustrate how crazy those meany feminists are. It's to stir up emotion/anger, of ''what is their problem?

Actually there are 2 articles . The first pissed me off when she brought age into it . The second showed her to be a hypocrite . Still the man is trashed . She trashed someone for the very same things she had done . The internet is forever .

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Yes you can you just need to do so in the appropriate fashion and in the correct moment. As with all things female timing is everything.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I have to agree with woman on this one, although I feel her reaction is way over the top. Yes linkedin is a professional site and not a place for comment's like this. Keep that stuff over on Ashley Madison with your chick-bots, they don't get all bent outta shape.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
It's simply explained. She didn't want to receive a compliment from an unattractive (to her) older would-be suitor.

I have felt similarly offended when receiving unwanted romantic overtures from older, unattractive women. You don't want to say, "Thank you! I'm flattered..." in case they get the wrong idea.

Additionally, women have to be more guarded against the more aggressive, bigger, stronger male sex.

Mystery solved.

Come on gents...let's not get misogynistic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join