It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Religious Liberty Apply to Muslims?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Again, we can go back to the fact, and it is fact no matter how much you may not like it, that she was sworn to uphold a different set of laws.

No she wasn't. She swore to support the US and Kentucky Constitution and to do her job according to law. Her job is to issue licenses to those who legally qualify. Not to approve or pick and choose who SHOULD receive a license.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm, as the case may be) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth, and be faithful and true to the Commonwealth of Kentucky so long as I continue a citizen thereof, and that I will faithfully execute, to the best of my ability, the office of ——————— according to law; and I do further solemnly swear (or affirm) that since the adoption of the present Constitution, I, being a citizen of this State, have not fought a duel with deadly weapons within this State nor out of it, nor have I sent or accepted a challenge to fight a duel with deadly weapons, nor have I acted as second in carrying a challenge, nor aided or assisted any person thus offending, so help me God."

Source

All the SCOTUS can do is strike down part of the law as invalid.

That's what they did.

They do not have the power to rewrite law. So Kentucky and many other states are in legal limbo until legislatures act.

No, they aren't. Every other aspect of Kentucky's marriage laws are valid. Her course is VERY clear.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm wondering, just out of curiosity....
If the federal gov't was to step in an create an office of marriage and family which would take over all the duties involved with marriage, divorce, child support, ect.
created new jobs but on the applications for these jobs there was a clause that state the applicant agreed that no belief, religious or otherwise would interfere with their abilities to perform their duties as the laws required. would that make the davis supporters happy? or would we then having them all scream about how they were being discriminated in the selection process for the jobs?

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sense i don't believe in the Constitution, NO. I think one of the greatest travesties in history is when the golden horde invaded the middle east and neglected to eradicate the religion. Christianity is clearly on its away out. however, Islam, and far more vicious and violent religion, is on the rise and needs to be stamped out.

<< 1  2   >>

join