It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

information needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Does anyone have information on the Knights of the Golden Circle Im doing some research and need some info.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Use google. But, to be honest, dont accept members to "spoon feed" you. We all done the research ourselves. I spend hours upon hours searching for information

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Please tell how you came upon this name
We may some info for each other
peace and prosperity
Ben

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This Golden Circle was the precusor of the KKK
Albert Pike originated it.

He is the most revered Freemason in the USA
Funny how no mason has posted to this inquery ain't it

df1

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLeamer

You are the very first to bring up the subject of Albert Pike and everyone is just stumped by your genius I bet Masons are just lining up at the Lodges around the world and resigning from Masonry as a result of your posts.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I wonder why all these people are standing around "revering" Pike? Freemasons certainly don't. Oh, he was Sovereign Grand Commander of the Scottish Rite, Southern Jurisdiction and re-wrote the initiation ceremonies and he wrote quite a few books, but I've never seen anyone (especially Freemasons) standing around "revering" him.

Honestly, GLeamer, do you believe that garbage? I think not. I think you're a little troll with no life.

Pike didn't originate the KGC or the KKK either. He was a bit busy in Post-Civil War times. (Read about it yourself in Brown's "A Life of Albert Pike" or Tresner's "Albert Pike: The Man Beyond the Monument"

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I thought The Knights of the Golden Circle were the Southern Guerilla's
who were in the North during the Civil War.
I think that was the group they called the Copperheads (I think that was
them).
I really don't remember Pike's name mentioned, or why he would have
anything to do with them.
Also Im not sure why you think "The Copperheads" were necessarily
KKK either. just a part of the confederate army as far as I can remember.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Quite simply - not true.

www.factmonster.com...

60.1911encyclopedia.org...

www.ehistory.com...

Pike himself was neither a racist nor in favour of slavery.

www.ardue.org.uk...

www.masonicinfo.com...

www.tsha.utexas.edu...

Notice how I back my argument with relevant links? That means that other people won't just think that I'm just talking a load of unsubstantiated drivel. Something, my dear Gleamer, that you have so far utterly failed to do.

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Leveller]

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
NOW the masons know all about it.
I stand by what I said.
and I don't have centuries of practicing deception to back me up

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Well, it isn't very difficult if you know how to run a Google search.

I stand by what I said.

Oh really? Then riddle me this: where exactly are you getting your information? I'd be willing to bet you do indeed have centuries of deception to back you up. That's exactly what anti-Masonry is based upon.

df1

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The heading of this thread is requesting information, "information needed". It seems quite reasonable that a Mason or two would respond.

I stand by what I said.

The Bush administration stood by what it said for years concerning WMDs in Iraq, but we still have no WMDs. You can stand by whatever you want, but it still does not make your assertions true.

It does not appear that your deception is backed by even a couple days of practice.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I stand by what I said.

Sir, The Freemasons have been the victims of persecution By Fascists and Communists. This is because people like you see them as being part of the myth of a 'World Conspiracy. Some people who take this view say that it is a Jewish cabal, others say Reptiles and some say both. As Freemasons we do not get involved in politics. Every Freemason is taught this fact when he joins and at regular times during his membership.

As a very active Freemason I have always accepted that fact. Freemasons are not perfect people and when they are guilty of breaking the civil and criminal law they are punished. The ultimate sanction is being 'kicked' out of Freemasonry.

As Freemasons we are no different from non Freemasons. We are human beings who do the best that we can to help our fellow human beings. With some people they only see the bad things in life, what a pity. There are many good people who help others and many of them are Freemasons.

In your case I suspect that you will say that I am being lied to or that I am doing the lying. Perhaps in time you will see things in a balanced and fair light. If you want to hate Freemasons and Freemasonry do so on an honest basis.

On a lighter note if the Freemasons were in charge of World affairs we would not get ill. At this time I have the flu and my throat is very dry. According to your view on the World I must be a very unimportant Freemason.

Gerard

new topics

top topics

join