It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should UK accept thousands of refugees because 423,000 people signed a Petition?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

All i see is more problems for the UK like we saw with British soldiers getting spit on, and getting their heads cut off.

In my humble there will be a price to bear, and that was before Syria.

Well those problems are as I said some what of our own doing.

We screwed up. Now we got to live with the consequences.

Hopefully our intake will be limited to familys and orphans. Our Mi5 is normaly on the whole pretty good.

Though I guess yes there is a risk we will get the odd lone wolf attack like what happened a few years back.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7 all I can suggest to British people on here is sign Petition 106447 if you don't agree with thd governments stance. They are presently being swayed because of labour MPs and 400,000 people signing a petition. Basically the 400,000 have shouted loudly. Its up to the millions more to roar NO. Whilst I don't agree with no immigration its the only petition out there and has now reached 115,000. To have any impact on policies it needs to match and overtake the 400,000. I would suggest as many as possible share with frieends and family or any forums to get the message out. The media helped to publicise the other petition but haven't mentioned 106477 so its up to the people to spread the word. Its our only hope of any sanity being introduced

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
One thing to think about... in America it takes about 60 million votes to elect a president, making our 20 million illegal aliens citizen could change the outcomes of our whole government. It also takes very little synergy to elect local officials... As refugees bring their culture to Europe their shear numbers can influence elections and we can start to see parts of Europe resembling the Middle East.
edit on 9-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
. As refugees bring their culture to Europe their shear numbers can influence elections and we can start to see parts of Europe resembling the Middle East.

It could happen very easily as traditionally they have larger families.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Well some on here would be DAFT enough to agree with that !

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Yes and GREATER London itself is a sprawling 607 square mile MESS and we know the reason why !

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I used to be proud to live in a nation that was part of the glorious British empire. Not anymore. Their leaders are pathetic and swayed by their media rather than logic and what is right.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
First of all the UK needs to leave the EU then we can make all our own decisions and NOT central Europe, we joined the EEC not the United States of Europe.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Dont worry St Pauls will come up a treat when the minarets go on

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

So you think the UK are pussies if they pander to Obama but you don't think they're pussies if they pander to the EU?

Sure...sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

What about me and people like me who didn't support any bombings...here we go again, being told we're to blame for the actions fo some morons I've never pledged and support for or allegiance to.

Stop trying to trick common people with no military power or little to no say in the idiotic decisions made by a small few. I accept no responsibility...get it - NONE!

And refuse to allow people like you to try and convince me, my friends and my family that we're somehow to blame for all of this.

Because if you skew, twist and stretch the truth enough you could, if you wanted...blame us for 9/11, the holocaust...slavery...you name it.

I bombed no-one...did you? Hands up here anyone who bombed or sanctioned the bombing of any country...please.

If nobody steps forward can people please stop spouting that ridiculous crap? I suggest some poeple type their posts...take 5 minutes, have a coffee...come back and read it with a clear head before they post that junk because that's what it is...stupid junk with zero basis in reality.

Personally I'd like to send the so-called leaders, the Blairs, Bush's and the likes over there to reap what THEY sowed...stop blaming me, my family, my friends and all other UK citizens for something we played little to no part in because I'm sick of hearing that crap.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'll say something totally controversial that I've said before (not here on ATS) and was slated for it...because I ain't here to be liked or patted on the back - I'm here to give my honest opinion.

The burden of responsibility lies not only on our supposed leaders...but the clown who continue to vote for them, also.

I refuse to take part in this charade of a system...like they'll tell you during their campaign - vote for us and we'll bomb such and such. You're to blame because you continue to vote and validate their redundant position over and over and over.

You're to blame because you are clearly incapable of learning. The sad truth is they pretty much could tell us pre-election - vote for us and we'll bomb X, Y and Z and idiots would probably still vote, anyway...they don't need to lie because the majority really are that stupid.

Also - and this is the controversial but totally honest part - the military...they're held in such high esteem in the modern day, inherently heroes regardless of how they actually conducted themselves. Chris Kyle, anyone?

Heroes my jacksy, not like the heroes of old who fought for freedom. Idiotic kids who just want to shoot someone, anyone, without fear of punishment...no, you're a hero is what you are.

Sure...well you ain't no hero in my book, even if you go over there and are the most decent, human soldier you can be, fact is you're an enabler. You're part of this problem...real heroes would refuse outright to do the things they've done...they've no business claiming it's on my behalf and certainly no business expecting or demanding my respect...because last time I checked murder is murder.

I don't care who I offend, you'll get my respect if you tell your leaders where to go, grow a damn backbone and re-align your moral compass.

I'd just like to reiterate the point I made earlier, I do not accept and flat out refuse to accept any responsibility for the actions committed by other, be they politicians, generals, soldiers...whatever. They might as well throw caution to the wind and try me for the assassination of Kennedy, accuse me of being D. B. Cooper...and Lord Lucan, why not? It'd make as much sense.

Maybe if we didn't live in a sick and twisted culture that essentially holds these paid murderers in high esteem, and taught our kids that to kill for your precious country is a heroic and wonderful thing we wouldn't be in a mess like this in the first place.
edit on 9-9-2015 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Over burden the system to break it and then the world's their oyster, right?

NOTHING is free.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

They demanded equal rights, fair enough they got them, but then they just carried on demanding. Once they got their mosques and councils and signs in urdu or whatever, they segregated themselves away into large ghettos with absolutely no intention of integrating.

Our softly softly don't offend anyone approach has lead to most countries seeing the UK as a soft touch. We are a tiny island with our fair share of every nationality and yet we are STILL being blamed and held responsible for things that happend hundreds of years ago!

Do you really think that if the middle east had been left entirely to its own devices, that this situation or similar would not be occurring? The muslims have raged war throughout Europe for centuries without intervention why would they stop?

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PutinTheGreat
I used to be proud to live in a nation that was part of the glorious British empire. Not anymore. Their leaders are pathetic and swayed by their media rather than logic and what is right.

Ok, I am shocked, seeing your avatar...I really would like to understand you, if you are Brit.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

why did You get so angry? is there reason?

are You over 18? did You ever vote in Your life?

so... lets welcome the refugees! lets help them! lets share with them. feel with them

we are ONE right.

imagine Your self to be born in Syria, or some parts of Africa or Palestine... atc

not only UK should accept thousands of refugees!!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Not really. Anybody non white that grew up in the 80s will remember how prevalent the NF was; p@ki bashing was routine and the police did little if anything to stop it.

Most immigrants at that time came here with good intentions to start a better life and were greeted with hostility, hatred and suspicion. They segregated and isolated themselves out of fear and the very real threat of violence, not out of an aversion to integrate.

It's easy to dismiss it as history but its not that distant to the people who went through it.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

They demanded equal rights, fair enough they got them, but then they just carried on demanding. Once they got their mosques and councils and signs in urdu or whatever, they segregated themselves away into large ghettos with absolutely no intention of integrating.

Our softly softly don't offend anyone approach has lead to most countries seeing the UK as a soft touch. We are a tiny island with our fair share of every nationality and yet we are STILL being blamed and held responsible for things that happend hundreds of years ago!

Do you really think that if the middle east had been left entirely to its own devices, that this situation or similar would not be occurring? The muslims have raged war throughout Europe for centuries without intervention why would they stop?

Thats so funny..because i live in North London and it sure looks like they are intereacting with society. Hell, there is even a girl in a hijab on Tv on the Great British Bake Off...

So..you are talking sh*t. As most xenophobes do.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

We agree on a lot of things 3d but I could show you the total opposite in a few areas of one city in Scotland.

I have a friend who has lived not for from London for more than 25 years he could also tell you the same.

You can see what you want to see that happens on both sides.

edit on 11-9-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

We agree on a lot of things 3d but I could show you the total opposite in a few areas of one city in Scotland.

I have a friend who has lived not for from London for more than 25 years he could also tell you the same.

You can see what you want to see that happens on both sides.

Fair enough mate. I know you are down to earth and not a xenophobe or hate monger, so i will accept what you say.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join