It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a choice , let Armageddon happen or you could personally avoid it. What would you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Ok, let's say you are the chosen one. The one who could decide whether or not Armageddon happens. But trick question , if you let it happen you will get millions , if you don't then you got to work 9-5 like every one else for the rest of your life. Do you chance it and let it happen and maybe some people question their spirituality or do you be like a super hero if no one knew you saved them except maybe your wife. No one else and your not famous , just an ordinary scmuck like goodfellas but you get to live happily ever after. If you incite Armageddon you might die. What do you do?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You've seen questions of choice asked in video games before. Do you choose Hero or Villian?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentHill666

Terrible context...hey I say..what happens is meant to be...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Unfortunately you have to break a few eggs to make an omlette. The choice really is between ending corruption the hard way and having a future by learning from the past or allowing the corruption to continue to grow exponentially until it consumes all and destroys everything anyway.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
i dont want the millions.
But i do want the end of the world to happen.
i want all of the evil people in this world to be consumed and purged by fire.

after the end of the world we could start over, and make the human race's society a utopia.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There is no financial payoff worth the price paid. I'd choose the uber-schmuckiness and save the masses. Why? Because within the multitudes of probabilities that occur within humanity and their interactions, there might arise one far more worthy than me of making the choices that truly change the human experience for the better.

That's all I got. ;o)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I would stand behind whatever I believed, regardless of what the consequences would be. All we have is each other. The idea of sacrificing one life for the whole makes since to me.

Millions or poverty has no say, faith is part of virtue for the faithful. Or do you disagree?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
No interest in people dying on my watch. Save the world, go back to 9-5.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replies. I believe faith is more important then trying to belittle it with semantics. I have been lost most of my life and just trying to get spiritual the last few years. This is more than just a hypothetical, I used to be in the military under the NWO illuminati re enactment of Revelation. I was thinking about writing a book of life story and work which is for the most part Classified and unknown. I was thinking about things like this for nine or six months. There might be riots and looting and people might die but it would go down in history or be forgotten. Thinking how people would react , severely or more melancholy. What I would be talking about would be Black 7 and the identity of Beast who acquired an empire and became antichristo. It's a trip.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I wouldn't get involved to begin with.

You can push a button to blow up the world but you can't change the behavior of other people. You also can't "save" everyone. Change is a choice that happens inside a person and trickles outward during their collaboration with those around them.

Don't believe in messiahs.

Don't want to be one.

Don't have the audacity to think I am so self-important that I could save the "world" like a Disney movie.

I'll take the 9-5.

Mainly because I'd be working about four hours less than I currently do.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Armageddon is about cleansing the world of the wicked. If I had the power to separate the wicked from the righteous and discard the wicked, I would definitely go for it.

Work 9-5 in the corporate pyramid or execute justice.

Justice please.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

If Armageddon happens, what good would a million bucks be? Whether I was the only one standing or not, what would it matter? Would I have to pay a tree a hundred bucks for letting me pee on it, otherwise it would sue me? Silly scenerio really.

Without the cash payout in the scenario though, I say let it roll. It wouldn't be the first time intelligent life forms got killed off, and it probably wouldn't be the last.

Let the earth heal. We suck at being stewards.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is a little off topic but on Facebook today they had an ad. 14 genius quotes from Stephen Hawking that will make you change your thoughts of the universe. Underneath he said," there is probably no heaven, no afterlife". He also talked about all the planets and Suns in the universe and to think we are the only ones out there or something he said something. I can't remember.

I am still just starting religion , and there were dinosaurs 65 million years ago but they were stupid. We were here for say 10,000 years just dropped here one day and there was dirt and trees and Earth. Now we got television sets and computers and all the amazement of video games. I remember growing up in the 80's and having cassette tapes and VHS tapes. Now we got iPods and flat screens. We have conquered the planet and have created several really complicated languages and are so much more than the animals.

You people here fighting with the atheists who use science to talk sophisticated and try to talk down to the religious. Science can't explain life, the birth of life or creation and may never be able too. To think this paradise on Earth watching the sun rise and set everyday and the weather is all a big accident or random act of nature.? I don't know , I keep thinking about my thread title but content with doing nothing for now. To be a star or interviewed on TV and part of 1% . To think also of the backlash.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Huh? What is millions, billions, or trillions worth when society is destroyed? So the obvious answer is to live your normal life instead of being "rich" in a world where money is meaningless.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Armageddon is about cleansing the world of the wicked. If I had the power to separate the wicked from the righteous and discard the wicked, I would definitely go for it.

Work 9-5 in the corporate pyramid or execute justice.

Justice please.

Mind telling us who you consider "the wicked"?

I would choose to avoid "armageddon" if the choice was up to me. I don't see how anyone could choose to allow billions to die.
edit on 9/5/2015 by Klassified because: hit reply too soon

edit on 9/5/2015 by Klassified because: quote placement

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

paradise on earth....
is that what you see?
not me

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

How many millions are we talking about?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
1.If I incite Armageddon then I will get millions (and I "might die")

2. I'm already living that 9-5 life so I choose that all the way

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

One person CAN be highly impactful. Galileo, Mozart, Einstein, Mother Theresa, Tesla, Rembrandt, George Carlin
to name a few.

Visionaries and doers.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well many religious folks want the end to come and Jesus to be here so.. Say kill them all and wait for them in heaven. After all. It'll be a party forever!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join