It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who the Hell care about Simon Cowell tears??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow, just wow. I'm always amazed by the total bs of main media. I'm talking plaster all over, even on main page of cnn.. Simon Cowell (I had to copy paste his name bc I never watch the show). They said he cried for a song... in a tv show.

lol

my god.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Welcome to the preferred programming of the clueless voter.
Not an origional thought in their heads.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: korats

The same - way too many people - who care about the Karassians.....the one's who believe the news tells you important stuff. Don't know which is sadder, the fact that the media has sunk to this level or that people are too stupid to question it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
the sheeple enjoyed him having a tear on, that's all that matters, they probably felt connected and cried with him through the TV,.......in other news, crime is up, corruption is up, and general scumbaggyness is on the rise, brought to you by UK bullcrap news, have a terrible day, *news theme tune*

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia

The same - way too many people - who care about the Karassians.....the one's who believe the news tells you important stuff. Don't know which is sadder, the fact that the media has sunk to this level or that people are too stupid to question it.

Got into an argument one with someone about how media presents celebs over important news issues. Their reply was, " Regular news is sooo boring, aren't you,like bored with that stuff?" People seem to be complacent in their celebrity news entertainment that is fed to them at every turn because they demand it as well, keeping them numb with that cycle keeps them from questioning.

Similarly know some ex Obama supporters who felt the same until they had found he didn't live up to their standards. Wish now that they had paid more attention and questioned current issues before buying into the hype.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Crazy how if you don't watch it you don't see this kind of thing...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Who the hell is simon cowl?
A new power ranger or somethin?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeeAndrewCox
the sheeple enjoyed him having a tear on,

How extraordinarily patronising to people who watch guff TV. It's just what celebrities do - it makes the celebrity pages and it works. It's even on ATS.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Greetings- Was the question rhetorical in nature? I only ask because I'd opine 'some' may think You do.. I mean why start a thread about it? Starting a thread actually means that You spent some of Your most valuable asset 'time' to bring that CARE and THOUGHT to ATS™ and share...

There 'may' also be some that will type "I could care less too...." This ACTUALLY means that they care and perhaps their gut tells them to care 'less'..

The Ones who actually DON'T care just moves along. I don't care about Simon's tears but do care about You.
"I could not care less about Simon's tears..."

Hoping You have a better day.

namaste

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
His show is just one advert for one or two acts who might make money for him and Sony records,all that free advertsing!

How on earth this passed trading standards!

The real singers/bands are already out there in the music scene slogging their way through numerous gigs up and down this country

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: korats

You, apparently...

And I see many are using this story to denigrate anyone who WOULD be interested in the story, because that naturally means they're stupid, clueless "sheeple". Lovely judgments!

Here's the thing... Threads like this ADD to the "separatists" culture in a big way, because, basically, you're saying that anyone who would care about this topic is somehow beneath you and less intelligent, or in some way, lesser than you. And by "you" I mean all the scorners in this thread.

Some of us are multifaceted... open-minded, talented, curious and even (God forbid) INTERESTED in hearing a song that would bring an otherwise stoic man to tears! (Yes, I know who Simon Cowell is and have seen him on TV MANY times). But I'm not clueless, stupid, a sheeple or any or the other insulting names you all seem to revel in... Calling other people names just makes you feel superior...

Yes, I know who Simon Cowell is and I'm an intelligent, educated, informed voter who doesn't follow ANYONE as a sheep would. And as some of the posters here followed your lead.

I saw the headline on bing and checked it out. It was a beautiful story, a beautiful song, and it brought ME to tears. I don't "care" about Simon Cowell. For all I know it was a setup for ratings. But I don't care. I wanted to hear the song because I'm interested in music and enjoy a good tug on the heart.

Yeah, I liked it... But you must care a LOT more than me, because I had NO intention of seeing it on ATS or starting a THREAD whose purpose is to belittle people about it... Classy!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: korats
Wow, just wow. I'm always amazed by the total bs of main media. I'm talking plaster all over, even on main page of cnn.. Simon Cowell (I had to copy paste his name bc I never watch the show). They said he cried for a song... in a tv show.

lol

my god.

And yet... you thought it appropriate to post on ATS. To be more specific, you considered it appropriate to post your mocking contempt for a man grieving for his recently deceased mother on ATS. Go figure.

After my dad died, it was probably a good six months that I burst into tears at little things that reminded me of my dad... the smell of a good cigar... a man in a Boy Scout uniform... biplanes... old-time jazz...

I am going to assume ignorance on your part, rather than heartlessness. Perhaps you weren't aware that Mr. Cowell was brought to tears because that song was in memory of someone's death and it of course reminded him of his mother who had passed just a few days before the filming. Perhaps you have never experienced the grief that comes with the passing of someone that close to your heart. Perhaps you just never learned compassion and empathy.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I saw the headline on bing and checked it out. It was a beautiful story, a beautiful song, and it brought ME to tears. I don't "care" about Simon Cowell. For all I know it was a setup for ratings. But I don't care. I wanted to hear the song because I'm interested in music and enjoy a good tug on the heart.

Yeah, I liked it... But you must care a LOT more than me, because I had NO intention of seeing it on ATS or starting a THREAD whose purpose is to belittle people about it... Classy!

Yeah same here... Didn't know of this until just now so I went and watched it and it was lovely.
It's amazing the power music has on our emotions, just amazing.
Forget about the setting, how crap reality TV is and these freakshows/Talent shows like this and just enjoy or be moved by the guys performance.

Simon hadn't long lost his mother so I'd show a little compassion but that's just me.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I just saw the televised repeat.

Now I understand why he cried.

I also had a massive lump in my throat.

Maybe you should watch it, instead of reading about it.

Empathy is human construct...
Whining about the media is a social construct.

Good on you, Simon.
You weren't the only one.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

well its to keep the moronic masses distracted, whats even worse is that they really enjoy it

sad times we live in

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
To be more specific, you considered it appropriate to post your mocking contempt for a man grieving for his recently deceased mother on ATS.

Wow... I didn't even know he'd lost his mother recently. I lost mine nearly 30 years ago and it still stings like knives.

If this thread gets people to check out the song and feel some compassion for their fellow man, I guess it serves a positive purpose after all. So, thanks OP, I know it wasn't your intention, but if spreading the beauty and compassion of love lost is a result, then I'm all for it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 9/5/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If this thread gets people to check out the song and feel some compassion for their fellow man, I guess it serves a positive purpose after all. So, thanks OP, I know it wasn't your intention, but if spreading the beauty and compassion of love lost is a result, then I'm all for it.

That's a great way to look at this. I really like that perspective.

I thank you for that, BH!

top topics

join