It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Monkey King :O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OMG Star Wars and now I have just found out about this?

Stars Yun-Fat Chow and from IMDB.

Sun Wukong, (The Monkey King) is a monkey born from a heavenly stone who acquires supernatural powers. After rebelling against heaven and being imprisoned under a mountain for 500 years

www.imdb.com...

Right up my street
I will atempt to rent it online and I will get back to you.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hells to the yeah.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The only way they could have made that movie any better, is if it would have been a horror.

Cant' help it. Love me some B horror.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
That's the perfect movie title for a boy monkey such as yourself. At first I thought it was about you.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
That is one powerful monkey! Looks like a great movie!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh look, dragon ball z

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 I am so watching that one. Looks like my kinda movie, if it fly's through the air I am buying it lol.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's pretty boring though, I'm sorry to say.

It is one of Donnie Yen's Razzie Award films...

But, he is currently my favorite action star. I mentioned him here already:

Introducing Donnie Yen....

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I love these kinds of movies. Will definitely watch if I can get my hands on it sometime. (I don't get to the theater much, sadly. I miss it. I WILL somehow make it for Star Wars, though. Even if it kills me lol.)

Peace.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Isn't this the story of Monkey magic?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Soon as I saw the title I knew it'd be Sun Wukong. Very interesting tale.

I have to assume the dragon is Ao Kuong, Dragon king of the Eastern Seas?
edit on 3-9-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Not really impressed.

Fantasy is my least favorite genre.

Yun Fat Chow( for years I was saying Chow Yun Fat)

Was killer in the 'Replacement Killers', and 'Bullet proof monk'.

Not in to what do you call it ? half man, half animal flicks.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
what you saw is what youre getting. no dialogue necessary in the trailer...

DVD for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I've already seen it. But ever since I cried at the end of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and everyone I knew distanced themselves from me because of it, I have a feeling that Movies from China have different meanings for the rest of America than they do for me.

Maybe it was all those years I spent in the east.

Sure this is a children's movie. I see in it the pathology of a China that still thinks it is the closest thing to Heaven here on his floating world. A china that rejected their living forebearer/teacher and embraced idolatry. And to this day views the west as a monkey. I cried during the scene where the princess of heaven gave herself to heal the land. But that's because I know the real story, of the princess who was supposed to be married to the hairy westerner, but was decapitated instead.

It's a children's movie. And in it innocence and trust is punished. Treachery and guile are rewarded. The king of Heaven is Chinese. The west is a monkey who upsets his classmates. Because he is "a little bit unrefined". There is always another excuse for the murders to justify their luxury. Isn't there.

See the two read feathers coming out of his head gear? Those represent the pairs of arterial blood that spurted from the head of his decapitated bride. In the older version. In this version, instead of being worn by his enemy (guardian of the southern gate) they are worn by the Monkey King himself.

As though he is to blame for the games ancient china played with his title, his bride.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 4-9-2015 by mikegrouchy because: on line

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
At least they come clean with the fact that the "Hell Clan" tortured every living soul on Monkey mountain ... to death.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well... all of that certainly obliterated my naive wonderment at enjoyable action sequences and stylish art direction with perspective shattering insight and sensitivity developing revelation. Perhaps I won't grab the popcorn quite yet after all.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I thought monkey magic was the monkey king probably wrong but I'm sure he was made out of stone a reply to: boymonkey74

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Monkey Magic awesomeness!!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Think so, minus Tripitaka, Sandy and Pigsy

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Can't find the movie anywhere so I'm gonna buy it.

top topics

join