It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M1 Carbine for Home Defense?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Real over kill would be having c4 all over the house with drums of gunpowder next to the c4 then do a tactial bailout from a window and hit the button....be like a redneck 4th of july and should ensure that the threat will of been neutralized

and could also be marketed as a guaranteed spider removal technique

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Shotgun or handgun would be better for HD. My preference is a Saiga shotgun with three rounds of 000 buck and two slugs behind. Also have a Glock 20 .45 in the bedstand. The shotgun has an attached light. The Glock doesn't yet, but I have a separate FL in the same drawer.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I have reloaded 30 carbine sabot rounds that would be great for home use.

I used .223 half jacket bullets

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

It wouldn't be my first choice, but if ammunition isn't an issue for you, if that's what you want to use, why not? There may be 'better' options available, but it'll get the job done if you do your part.

That being said, if you're going to forgo a true rifle, I'd also take a long look at the modern pistol caliber carbine designs out there if for no other reason than you have more and cheaper ammunition choices.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I want mine to say, "I maintain this rifle w bacon grease, have fun not going to Mohammad heaven"

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If you really want guns for home self defense then you need three, in my opinion.

1. A rifle for long distance.
2. a shotgun for medium distance or close and intimidation
3. and a hand gun when you don't have the room to carry or use anything longer.

Just my opinion. Considering that if I probably have enough time to get my weapon...If I had to chose just one, I would go with a shotgun.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
MP7 or a SCAR. Accept no susbstitutes.

OH i almost forgot. get it with THESE ROUNDS FOR INSIDE FIREFIGHTS.

R. I.P. rounds

ye s i know Daily mail,but they are real bullets.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: adding awesome link

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Best home defense weapon you could buy worth the money, that gives you a better advantage is a Siaga 410 semiauto shotgun. Many cool modifications you can adapt to this gun, and a range of special loads you can critique for the job when needed

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Are you serious?
Why on earth would you want a high velocity firearm designed for 200m range for HOME defense?! You're likely to kill your own family with that

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

RIP rounds have a dubious effectiveness.

There's been a lot of independent testing.

They are little more than a novelty and their marketing
could lead to some legal issues yet unforeseen.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

For home defense my personal preference is a Judge defender.

Shoots a .45 colt long or 410 shot gun shell and I alternate them.

You get the benefit of a shot gun, reliability of a revolver and it is a great point and shoot weapon anyone could operate.

edit on 4-9-2015 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

True. there is that. theres a reason why the geneva conventions prohibit ammo designed to maim such as hollow points. Still id liek a SCAR as in it fires 45 caliber in a variety of flavors. id bet it can even fire 9 mill if taken to a professional but they would have to be hi power to cycle i t properly i imagine. I wish they would approve HESH rounds. High explosive Squash heads. good for body armor and causes internal injuries from its kinetic impact. The explosive is a small shaped charge basically designed to not penetrate. Just makes you feel as if you went 1000 rounds with tyson just with body blows.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I would like a CZ Scorpion EVO 9mm SBR.

I love me some Czechnology.

edit on pFri, 04 Sep 2015 16:08:40 -050020154America/Chicago2015-09-04T16:08:40-05:0030vx9 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
3-1/2" 12GA BB puts out 93 steel .17 "BBs" at 1470 fps with each pull. Find an 18" barrel 12GA that is chambered 3.5" and put a green laser on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

wrowwl. does she come with? very sexy. >> the gun.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I have a gussied up SAIGA 12 for that job.

You ever use or hear of the Kushnapup?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh yeah.
I stuck a SPAS12 stock on mine with an AMD65 foregrip/group it's cool.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It is a great gun and I actually have a Smith and Wesson at home to protect myself.
for the house I wouldnt really get a rife. I would get a pistole or shot gun

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny
3-1/2" 12GA BB puts out 93 steel .17 "BBs" at 1470 fps with each pull. Find an 18" barrel 12GA that is chambered 3.5" and put a green laser on it.

For home defense I think sticking to 2-3/4" or at most 3" shells because the capacity versus extra power/load and added recoil just don't balance especially for HD. Also you want to avoid anything harder than uncoated lead shot, then again I try to stick with the keep it simple stupid philosophy for HD.

I like the Saigas and Benelli M4s and other tactical semis but for HD I will always trust a pump over a semi. To me the only advantage of semi shotties is the action eating up some recoil, you would be amazed at how fast a pump gun can run with some practice. Keep in mind this is all IMHO.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: projectvxn

True. there is that. theres a reason why the geneva conventions prohibit ammo designed to maim such as hollow points. Still id liek a SCAR as in it fires 45 caliber in a variety of flavors. id bet it can even fire 9 mill if taken to a professional but they would have to be hi power to cycle i t properly i imagine. I wish they would approve HESH rounds. High explosive Squash heads. good for body armor and causes internal injuries from its kinetic impact. The explosive is a small shaped charge basically designed to not penetrate. Just makes you feel as if you went 1000 rounds with tyson just with body blows.

I have never understood the Geneva convention still classifying hollow points as maiming rounds, in the real world this is arse-backwards. Hollow points are designed to kill where as the militaries preferred ball ammo specifically to try to wound instead of kill. The logic being if you have 1 injured soldier it takes others out of the fight to treat or evac. the wounded as opposed to just taking one out of the fight by killing them.

Explosive rifle rounds were used by both Germany and the USSR on the eastern front only in WW2. If you read about the effects you would be very glad that they haven't been used beyond then as they were truly beyond egregious. There were accounts of soldiers being hit in their wrist and suffering traumatic amputations up to the elbow or beyond.

The Forgotten Weapons YouTube channel did a very informative video on them even demonstrating examples of both nations explosive rounds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join