It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy kills himself while taking Gun Selfie...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

Rule #1 with guns: Treat them as if they are loaded at all times.

Rule #2: Even after personally checking whether or not the weapon is loaded, NEVER point it at something you don't want to die.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
Looks like your average lack of common sense when it comes to a firearm.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Most of us have done the dumbest things when we were in our teens and some us (ahem) still do, right? Some of the things we've done could have resulted in death. Riding bikes through traffic, drug use, drunken night swims, driving too fast or drinking enough to pass out - all can end in death.

Yeah, it was stupid what he did. It was stupid to think a gun-toting selfie would earn respect or whatever else motivated him at one thirty on a Tuesday afternoon.

I'd call that a tragedy - he's left two kids behind and a family. No gloats from me.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Rule 1 - Every firearm is loaded. Always. Even if you unloaded it. Period.

Rule 2 - Never point a firearm at anything you don't want to shoot.

Rule 3 - Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

That's how I learned it.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Almost identical to what I've learned. It just seems like common sense right? I mean a Roman candle pointed at your face = bad things right? Why does common sense gotta be so few and far between?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet he had the gun in one hand and the camera in the other. When It came time to click the photo button, he forgot which hand held which instrument and clicked the other instead.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

HOUSTON -

A man posing with a gun and taking selfies was killed when the gun went off and struck him in southwest Houston, police said.

Family members said the victim is 19-year-old Deleon Alonso Smith.

Investigators said Smith was taking selfies with a gun at an apartment in the 9800 block of Forum Park Drive and Bissonnet around 1:30 p.m. Tuesday when the gun accidentally went off, shooting the 19-year-old in the throat and killing him.

www.cnn.com...

Saw this pop up and I thought to myself which will be held more to blame, the gun culture, selfie craze, gun control, social media idiocy? All the above?

I ask myself, if you are going to take such vanity photos, why not empty the gun of ammo first? Just a thought.

Instead of making that cool Instagram post, you'll be remembered as a Darwin Award winner.

i just had a terrible day at work and this post made me feel a lot better
hahahahahahah

better than getting tagged by a rattle snake

loving it

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
Tragic loss of life .

no its not.
its an awesome loss of life.

dude was an idiot.
better he killed himself while taking a dumb ass selfie than pointing it at someone else to 'mock' shoot them and actually shooting them.
i wish this happened more often.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
Most of us have done the dumbest things when we were in our teens and some us (ahem) still do, right? Some of the things we've done could have resulted in death. Riding bikes through traffic, drug use, drunken night swims, driving too fast or drinking enough to pass out - all can end in death.

Yeah, it was stupid what he did. It was stupid to think a gun-toting selfie would earn respect or whatever else motivated him at one thirty on a Tuesday afternoon.

I'd call that a tragedy - he's left two kids behind and a family. No gloats from me.

anything can end in death.
going to sleep can end in you not waking up.

of course we have all done dumb stuff.
not this dumb though

hahaha

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I don't feel sorry for him, just for the loved ones left behind. Humanity is infinitely better off without him and others like him.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: thov420
a reply to: Mugly

I don't feel sorry for him, just for the loved ones left behind. Humanity is infinitely better off without him and others like him.

i dont feel sorry for them either
i dont know them

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Instead of making that cool Instagram post, you'll be remembered as a Darwin Award winner.

I'm pretty sure that's not how his family and friends and teachers will remember him.

only 19... sad.

we all did stupid things in our teens. hell, I'm sure a lot of us are lucky without realizing it.
I cant classify someone based on a (fatal) mistake.
its unreal what I'm reading here. how can judgement be passed with no remorse about someone and their family based on a tragic event.
wow...

lets keep on denying ignorance folks.
edit on 2-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2015 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: beezzer

My bet is that he was drunk on his ass or somehow mentally all ****** up.

C2H5OH and gunpowder just don't mix well.....

Wait just a minute....why couldn't he have been just as equally likely high on pot for this Darwin selfie?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is how the RETARDED genes are scooped from the gene pool & are not passed on to future generations.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
its funny seeing some of the hateful and disturbing comments over a young man's death and seeing some of the same people post their outrage at hateful videos that pop up on youtube, those hate mongers on youtube advocate hate and violence toward an entire race or people they don't know, and here, death is celebrated with the same contrast, a day before a kid starts college, loses his life to an accident. its like if a person goes driving down the street to the super market and gets into a car crash, is he a winner of the Darwin 'award', since he could have walked, or die form clogged artery due to greasy food, a Darwin winner because he could have been a vegan...

this kids is all of a sudden an idiot or a moron, or high or drunk based on nothing. its the same mentality which pits people against people. race against race, class against class etc.

I guess the hate 'gene' hasn't won its Darwin award yet, just nominated a whole lot around here and spreading like a cancer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join