It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Library of Scientific Evidence for Evolution - Open to All Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, that fish already existed....it had lungs....I posted a thing about that a couple of weeks ago.

Well im no evolutionary scientist, but wouldn't it existing in the first place suggest evolution?

edit on 1-9-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You'd be guessing wrong then. I am a follower of logic and REAL science. I only acknowledge what can be knowable given certain assumptions are correct. The main ones being that physical reality is in essence true, i.e. existential reality exists and that all people actually exist fully in the same reality. Since those things can't be known with certainty, I understand from the get go that what I believe are in fact, beliefs...

You and other religious people tend to not understand that simple fact. The only fact, besides the ability to know that your consciousness exists.

If people would understand and acknowledge this simple fact, there would be a LOT less arguing.

People don't want to acknowledge that though, they want to be right, KNOW that they are right, and God (doesn't exist...lol) Damnit, have all other people ACKNOWLEDGE that they are right.

Try waking up and smelling the coffee, it's not evolution or Christ...Jesus...You people are as bad as democrat/republican, which often fall into the same relative categories.

The theory of Evolution being unsupported by actual science and in actuality being a religion has nothing to do with God or Science. It has to do with logic and the scientific method.

The theory of evolution requires such leaps of logic above and beyond observable reality, it's laughable how ANYONE can defend it as a science, yet a large number of those who claim to be scientists do so...

Not that that claim actually means much any more, if it ever did. the scientific paradigms are riddled with logical fallacies and ridiculous leaps of logic to the point that most of them are nothing more than indoctrination.

So thus ends my foray into this thread that has both amused and sickened me in its' reminder to me of how indoctrinated and idiotic people can be on both sides of a coin.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Walking fish raised on land mimic ancient evolutionary transition

Absolutely!!

Just found the post I made......check it for the source......
see link above.

Not saying "neener I said it first!" just posting a link to the story.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

You and other religious people tend to not understand that simple fact.

Wait....
he and "other religious people"? I think maybe you're thinking of someone else - not boymonkey.

Or - I just totally .... what?

edit on 9/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Cya now.

For everyone else.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Of course it would, and does!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A really good series on lots of biology here these guys are great.
Here is the last one watch em all when you have time guys.

Oh and he is so right.
I got the feeling he is Phage, or Barcs Peter, Hyper...
edit on 1-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yeah. It's a thing. It's real.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Cya now.

For everyone else.

What separates more evolved people from less evolved people is their capacity to educate themselves about the different opinions and beliefs held by the wider community.
I watch a clip like the one posted above and cringe

There is an anti evolution argument and I have never seen anyone challenge the anti evolution argument effectively, why not?

What did that clip say other than we have variations in salamanders, not as varied as we have in dogs but non the less variations.
Creationists accept variations, that clip was smoke and mirrors and the best of man built with straw

Putting on a white coat and sincere voice does not science make. I could do the same clip with cats dogs rhinos or sharks

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Don't!! they'll go macro vs micro on you!!

"members of the same species" .. Salamanders evolved in to.... Salamanders?!!?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

it might have have better if you have just posted an index list, similar to the cryptozoology index but instead listing 15 or 20 of the top fact-oriented threads concerning evolution.

asking members to do it for you is like asking cats to pull your car uphill.

but yes, a nice thought and very cool if it is accomplished. heres to hoping, right?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: TzarChasm

It's just "crowd sourcing." It's legitimate.
Perhaps at the end-ish, the OP will post whatever other links he has that have not been 'backed up' or presented by other members.

It gives the list more credibility. In my opinion.
It isnt' just "the OP's sources" .

but putting a list in the first post makes it a little cleaner for those who dont want to pick through fifteen pages of bickering to find reliable sources.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

edit on 9/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: gah!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Yes you may be right. But what I plan to do is pick up the links that posters are putting in their threads and include them in categories. Will take some time, but I think it's worthwhile. Thanks for taking an interest.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yeah I am sure some volunteers who are very interested in Creationism vs Evolution debate will collect the questions and answers and references and categorize them. I probably will do it. Sometimes I don't go there even though I am very interested because I am tired of the same old arguments.

Also you could look in talks.origins FAQ and archives.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

So... is this what you want?

An Index to Creationist Claims

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join