It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Library of Scientific Evidence for Evolution - Open to All Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Tiktaalik

A transitional fossil that is scaly like a fish, but has legs and a neck was found in 2004 on Ellesmere Island.
I learned about this yesterday watching a NOVA video about Dover, PA's town feud over creationism vs evolution.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Folks, we're off to a bad start here. This thread is a LIBRARY. If you want to ask questions or discuss any of the topics, create a post with your questions and comments. Creationists can also start their own library categorizing their evidence by topic. Think LIBRARY. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I'm not entirely sure but is this Elysia Chlorotica
sea slug at least evidence of evolution and possibly cross speciation

this sea slug has developed the ability to steal genes from the phytoplankton that it consumes in order to survive
it steals the cholorplast genes which give it the ability to harness the suns energy when food is in short supply and also protects it against predators by turning it green so it looks like a plant.

I'm not entirely sure this counts but hey its part plant part animal .

I know from biology at uni that the Mitochondria started out life out with prokaryotic cells and eventually through endosymbiosis it was part of the cellular make up of eukaryotic cells

So at some point down the line the sea slug will eventually just make its own cholorplasts instead of having to eat the phytoplankton and steal the genes. ?

edit on 1-9-2015 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

CATEGORY:

ORIGINS

DNA Self Assembly:

1. Link to board discussion: www.abovetopsecret.com...
2. Summary: The self-organization properties of DNA-like molecular fragments four billion years ago may have guided their own growth into repeating chemical chains long enough to act as a basis for primitive life.
3. www.sciencedaily.com...
4. www.nature.com...
5. www.science20.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
3. Physically observe cross Kingdom - a plant physically observed to become an animal. Since plants and animals are both DNA based, either they have a common creator or common ancestor.

Sure, we know from DNA evidence that we share genes with most of other living organisms. Whole new exiting field has formed, called comparative genomics, you can read more about it here...

www.genome.gov...

Some interesting research...

science.nasa.gov...

It is stupid and childish to ask for process that we know that takes millions of years to happen to 'physically observe', but thanks to genetics, fossils, we can see product of some mix... for example this little creature...

edit on 1-9-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Regarding posting new categories, just make a new post for your category. If the category already exists (like the one I posted above "Origins"), then just reply to that post with your information and links. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

From the Berkeley link you provided:

Homologies - Forelimbs

Frogs, birds, rabbits and lizards all have different forelimbs, reflecting their different lifestyles. But those different forelimbs all share the same set of bones - the humerus, the radius, and the ulna. These are the same bones seen in fossils of the extinct transitional animal, Eusthenopteron, which demonstrates their common ancestry.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

Do you have ANY idea how laughably hilarious this post is....

" I starred and flagged this thread, because of all the people who will supply the irrefutable and overwhelming evidence that hasn't been supplied yet and that I'm too incompetent to post myself".

ROTFLMAO....

Jaden

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

No, evolution IS the religion. The Dogma of the evolutionists is atheism...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Well seeing many who believe in God understand evolution and know it to be fact and there is no such word as an evolutionist
all of that post was poppycock.

www.urbandictionary.com...

Evolution has evidence Religion has none.

Just because you can not understand evolution doesn't mean it is not true. Here watch this (you will not even grasp what it is saying but you never know).

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's the cop out. The reality is that if it HAS happened, it should be CONSTANTLY happening. Give a valid explanation why it isn't continuously happening and then you will have accomplished something worthy of scientific praise or ridicule... As it stands the "theory" of evolution doesn't even merit scientific ridicule as it isn't even the beginnings of science. It doesn't even TRY to use the scientific method of observing, testing, etc..

Jaden

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Oh look someone who can't even grasp evolution....as usual.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Ha! Tiktaalik!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'm gonna guess Jaden is a Christian.
I love the name don't you? here she is

edit on 1-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

KNow it to be FACT... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA that is hilarious.

You sir made my day since they say laughter is best remedy...

You should read a dictionary to understand what words mean though... seriously.... FACT......HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jaden

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You going to just laugh like a fool or going to show how we are all wrong?.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Jaden? Are you serious?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Personally I don't like being involved in this debate...

but...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, that fish already existed....it had lungs....I posted a thing about that a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Amazing

You really needed a Mic drop with that video here.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join