It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television, Media, Music. Conspiracy is NOT New. Understanding, Well Thats Tricky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There is a not very well known fact to many that "programming" is not just intentional, but make us less empathetic, confused, worried and give us many mental ailments. From so called "reality" television to the next top model and American idol, we are constantly told that we are not worthy. We suck at singing, our bodies look nothing like the models, and we just cant amount to the people on t.v, even though we try.

Conspiracy falls into this line, and why I wanted to write this as my first thread. It will be lengthy, but detailed, informative, but controversial, and all in all something that we should all familiarize ourselves with.

Many forums seem to have the same theme. That what is known to some of us is a new trend, and I think its what divides us, so I will be showing some things that will show that our conditioning is intentional, and harmful if we want to survive as a species.

Many do not know that "whistleblowers" have protection and have federal protection since the late 80's.

Whistleblower Protection Act

Read that as you will, and consider the amount of media attention Snowden/Assange and so on have received.

This wasn't to show that its treasonous, or that this type of action and its reaction are acceptable. Its to show that YOU should not do it. In this information age, we have so much information at our fingertips that its mind boggling, yet we waste it with distractions from those that wish to do us harm.

But it wasnt always that way.

This is just a very small part of the some of the things that are discussed here, and ask the majority, its purely entertainment. But, is it?

Today we have meanings for this sort of thing and here are a few, and of course, keep in mind that this is how we work, but also how we make discussions, how we treat each other, how we speak and how we listen.

Semantic Satiation

A phenomenon whereby the uninterrupted repetition of a word eventually leads to a sense that the word has lost its meaning.

The concept of semantic satiation was described by E. Severance and M.F. Washburn in The American Journal of Psychology in 1907. The term was introduced by psychologists Leon James and Wallace E. Lambert in the article "Semantic Satiation Among Bilinguals" in the Journal of Experimental Psychology (1961).

Moral Dumbfounding and Moral Stupefaction

Several prominent moral psychologists and philosophers make much of a phenomenon they term moral dumbfounding, which is characterized by dogmatic insistence on a moral judgment for which no good reasons can be given. They hold that the phenomenon shows something important about ordinary moral judgment: that commonplace reasons offered for moral judgment are mere post hoc rationalizations of decisions made on other grounds. The chapter argues that the prominent and influential dumbfounding study does not work on its own terms, because its examples ignore crucial distinctions concerning harm and wrongness, and between dumbfounding and inarticulate reason-responsiveness. In fact there are good reasons for moral condemnation of every case they consider, but the problem is not just a matter of poorly chosen examples.

If this seems difficult to understand, as it was to me the first 5 times I read it. Here is an article, its crude, but to the point.
www.wired.co.uk...

Earworm

In a 2006 book by Daniel Levitin entitled This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession, he states that research has shown musicians and people with obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) are more likely to suffer from earworm attacks. An attack usually involves a small portion of a song, a hook, equal to or less than the capacity of one's auditory short-term memory. Levitin reports that capacity as usually 15 to 30 seconds.

Earworms sounds awful but we all do it, this does not simply apply to music on the radio, but also to that catchy song in the beginning of your favorite show, and the state you are in when watching a movie (((IN STEREO))).

Those terms, and seeing that the way that we perceive information through movies, including the clips above, there is a real reason we do what we do, and we are who we are. What I would like to share here, is that we are not necessarily ourselves, but are taught all reactions, by considering our information ludicrous, or beyond comprehension. In other words we never really learned how to figure things out for themselves.

All of this comes together and you begin to see a pattern of the sense we use the most, and how easily they can be controlled. Television shows like the above Barney Miller has a very well know tune, though it might have been long ago, when you hear certain things like the "Trilateral Commission" and cant figure out where you heard it, you will automatically and YES subconsciously think its a comedy, funny, or dismissive.

Here is an article discussing this.

Sound of silenceactivates auditory cortex

Our findings offer a neural basis for the
spontaneous and sometimes vexing experi-
ence of hearing a familiar melody in one’s
head. Whereas previous investigations have
explicitly directed subjects to imagine a
specific auditory experience 2–4,we provided
no instruction. Instead, simply muting
short gaps of familiar music was sufficient to
trigger auditory imagery — a finding that
indicates the obligatory nature of this phe-
nomenon. Corroborating this observation,
all subjects reported subjectively hearing
a continuation of the familiar songs, but not
of the unfamiliar songs, during the gaps in
the music.

This also works with laugh tracks, which are not just popular, but very much used. Laughing and yawning work in the same way, as well as sound and tunes.
Listen to the laughter. Are they using a laugh track to make this seem "funny"?

Continued below.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkB4USpeak2Me

I am a disgruntled ATS subscriber at the moment but I had to come on and star and flag you.
So far your topic is the most interesting thing I've seen here in days. . . maybe weeks.

Deconstructing Disinformation Forum is my fav!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks for sticking with me this far

Here is another interesting article about something that many deal with, but again can be understood.
Individual Differences in Nucleus Accumbens Activity to
Food and Sexual Images Predict Weight Gain and Sexual
Behavior

Failures of self-regulation are common, leading to many of the most vexing problems facing contemporary society, from overeating and
obesity to impulsive sexual behavior and STDs. One reason that people may be prone to engaging in unwanted behaviors is heightened
sensitivity to cues related to those behaviors; people may overeat because of hyperresponsiveness to food cues, addicts may relapse
following exposure to their drug of choice, and some people might engage in impulsive sexual activity because they are easily aroused by
erotic stimuli. An open question is the extent to which individual differences in neural cue reactivity relate to actual behavioral outcomes.
Here we show that individual differences in human reward-related brain activity in the nucleus accumbens to food and sexual images
predict subsequent weight gain and sexual activity 6 months later. These findings suggest that heightened reward responsivity in the
brain to food and sexual cues is associated with indulgence in overeating and sexual activity, respectively, and provide evidence for a
common neural mechanism associated with appetitive behaviors

Now what does that tell us? Well it tells us that we are NO where near being in control, never have been actually.

Right now there is a fight over our thoughts but also our reactions. From what they expose us to in the so called news, and who owns the news. Those who choose to ignore MSM and those that watch, can see the same story and have VERY different interpretations. That is of course why we argue so much on the internet, why the real message is being ignored, and of course, why those who believe the lies are so hard to understand the game they are involved with.

This works with how we see others, which is men and women, gay or straight, black or white, all of these things are triggered through all of the above information, its not based on real life. We fear the woods, because there is a masked man there, but never been camping, or even know where the woods are.

We fear other races, and I mean ALL races, because there is at least one visual/audible way that has caused us fear, and both together well... you already know. I have come to the conclusion and why I wanted to return to the site as I have ventured further away from "How the Conspiracy Works" and wanted to know WHY we think its a conspiracy in the first place.

But you have to remain calm when you realize its a HUGE game, and start to see and communicate in a different way. I believe all conspiracies no matter what it is, is relevant, not because it has to necessarily be true, but because there are people out there that believe it.

Respect. How we communicate and why anonymity is the ONLY reason why we still talk about things that are discussed here would never happen if you drivers license photo was used as your signature. Our forced silence on real matters such as race, sexual orientation and religion is because we started making sense about the real matters. That cannot be done, there are literally millions upon millions of articles about every thought, feeling, and brain sequence we all have, and we can easily find it right here on our cat video loving, MSM hallucinatory, nonfood eating society. BTW< I do like cat videos, just maybe for a giggle but seriously we are obsessed with those maniacal creatures

I have to go now, but will add the other section of this tomorrow, and it will be about our relationships, sex, and drugs. Stay tuned.
edit on 31-8-2015 by ThinkB4USpeak2Me because: Dont know why everything is added as a external link.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
A certain PK Dick novel from decades ago featured police with telepathic abilities and could read a 'law breakers' mind before the unlawful action. Dick's protagonist wanted to find a way of hiding his intent from the mind cops so he went to an out of work commercial jingle writer. He had the writer write him a catchy tune that at one time would have served as a commercial for some silly product and would stick in the mind for the length of time the protagonist would be questioned by the police, and indeed when they tried to 'read' him, all they could hear telepathically was the jingle, covering up his real thoughts.

I read this novel, I forget it's title just as McDonalds was pounding the hell out of its jingle"At McDonalds, we do it all for you" and I sat up straight in my soul and was shaken to my core. At that moment I went to my children and told them they could sing around the house all they wanted but I would no longer allow them to go around singing commercials. At the time they thought I was just being totalitarian but now decades later they can see it to and thank me.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Thank you soooo much, it is really appreciated
Come around more often, I haven't even went into skunkworks yet

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Here's your videos.....

originally posted by: ThinkB4USpeak2Me

Listen to the laughter. Are they using a laugh track to make this seem "funny"?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you I didnt notice they werent visible. Ill get the hang of it

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

There is an ancient philosophical statement that applies.

"Know Thyself"

It is possible to teach one how to apply reason, but currently we simply ignore it.

SnF great thread, looking forward to your next post.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ok I have a few to add about relationships.

Relationships these days, and no I will not be adding statistics, because to be honest, how we all develop, engage, and disengage from them are dependent on the individual and not the masses.

We all have our thoughts concerning those we are involved with, whether a fling, partnership or marriage, BUT what if I told you that you may love your significant other, but NOT as much as you think? Movies and music, including television are linked to be fulfilling the sometimes imaginary wants and needs that television and videos tell us we need.

The Link Between TV and Romance Puts Albion Professor's Research on National Stage

Osborn's research found that the more an individual believed in television portrayals of romance, the less likely they were to be committed to their relationships. In August 2012, several of the most-watched television shows (Burn Notice, True Blood, The Big Bang Theory, and Two and a Half Men) featured romantic relationships prominently throughout their episodes. This research is especially important at helping individuals understand the impact that television viewing can have on their relationships.

“In this study I found that people who believe the unrealistic portrayals on TV are actually less committed to their spouses and think their alternatives to their spouse are relatively attractive,” Osborn said. “My hope would be that people would read this article and take a look at their own relationships and the relationships of those around them. How realistic are your expectations for your partner and where did those expectations come from?”

These portrayals of Ralph and Alice (Honeymooners), Wilma and Fred (Flintstones), and even Sheldon and Amy (Big Bang Theory) have skewed how we interact with each other on a massive scale. Even the most difficult of characters can love, and the most plain girl, can find a man. Though we know that a womans body changes with age and child birth, on television women connect with the mother character, and resentment ensues when the woman undresses and has no stretch marks. As does the mind of the man to think " well the lady on television doesnt look that way, maybe my wife isnt trying enough", though its sounds irrational to think that way, its exactly what we do. The above post (I hope you read) can and should apply here, the same way that "Earworms" are with music they are with the sound of your significant others voice/phrases.

Now imagine if you will a romantic moment with your loved one, and flashes, sense, and tones begin to fill your head but you dont know why. Yet, when you go to a bar or club where music is playing, we can become people that can be easily attracted to another, which can (not always) lead to cheating or even thoughts of cheating, and this applies to men as well as women.

The sound of the song, and the sexuality of the women/men seem to mesh. Not because your an awful cheater, but because you have not yet rationalized your thoughts on the subject, and to be honest, it feels awesome.

Sexual Objectification in Music Videos: A Content Analysis Comparing Gender and Genre

"There are several reasons why media usage may be associated with self-objectification among women. First, greater usage of sexually objectifying media may be associated with higher levels of self-objectification because these media focus on women's physical appearance (Aubrey & Frisby, 2011; Baker, 2005) and place pressure on women to focus on their own appearance (Fredrickson & Roberts, 1997). "

Ever went to someones social media page and there are naked/very explict photos being share by married and single men? You sure have, as I have and it never crosses their mind (not externally) that this women WILL never date them, or that they wouldnt have a shot in hell.

Women do this as well, but most (I have asked and took a survey of my own before this thread) that women share it, but know that they would not have the possiblity of dating them, they are to look at, but it doesnt make most of them want to cheat on their husbands, or seek out men that look like that, now here is the kicker on that point.

There are men out there that look like that but TELEVISION tells us (woman) that it is NOT ideal, that men like that are not really meant for them, its eye candy, but that men like Ralph Cramden are attainable, and is the best choice despite his appearance (being a bit overweight).

We learned to settle in most cases, out of fear of being alone, and of course the always hilarious, we cannot do any better. But whatever you or your partner are missing, we fill that need with media. "I dont need so and so to bring me flowers, I can watch Xcharacter, give Ycharacter flowers on t.v". so we learn to love and wish that we were in those situations, which cause not only cause hypnosis, and a connection with a "fake" reality, but when it finally pops into our heads that our RL partners are not fulfilling our imaginations, that someone will. I mean thats what t.v.say, right.

When people ask, can you cheat online, according to the above, we are ALL cheating, ALL the time.

How many times have you heard, "nice guys finish last"? Well, they dont, its not like millions of nice men were single, both bad boys and nice guys are single, women are just taught that the bad boys can bring more to the relationship, that men who read are boring, women who write, are stuck up, and those that are to attractive only look for men with money, and are after your wallets.

All of those stereotypes are false, but we as a society do not know the difference, and maybe by reading this it might make more sense.

Continued tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

You are correct, television and other forms of media have presented an idealistic view of relationships. Reality is much simpler.

When someone gets too caught up in the idealistic or allows media to encourage an oversexed life as the path to happiness they will likely forget about love and virtue and eventually destroy a good relationship in search of the idealistic one.

Many relationships are destroyed because instant pleasures have received greater value than virtue. One who is lead down the path of self-destruction forgets that without virtue one's actions lead to shame.

There is no love or happiness in shame. If one wants to find peace within themselves they must walk the path of virtue, always reasoning their actions before acting out impulsive pleasure.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I think that when most of this sinks in, we can see beyond it, but it does take time, having to unlearn what we were taught.

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I think the most important thing is Occam's razor. It could be a great alien lizard conspiracy that the entire political and business class is privy to, or it could be 3 people and thousands of useful idiots.

new topics

top topics

join