It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Doctrine is the Whore of Babylon and "Man Lying With Man"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Ephesians 5
32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Paul says that the relationship between Christ and the church is a "profound mystery". The Harlot in Revelation had a "mystery" written on her forehead. Another clue that the church Paul helped to create is actually Mystery Babylon.
edit on 8/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Here you go confusing erotic love with agape again.

Seems as though St Paul had the same problem. I mean, a husband is supposed to celebrate carnal knowledge with his wife.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In my opinion, you're thinking too physically.

Two people of the same sex cannot create life, only two of the opposite sex can.

They can make Life because Life is sharing Love (Spirit), just not a physical (flesh) baby.

Sex is another word for marriage,

Not really. There are marriages with infertile couples. Marriage is not dependent on sex or getting pregnant.

God (Spirit) is Love.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not confusing what love is, love is the feeling toward another person regardless of what gender they are, both gay and straight people feel this toward their partner. Though the church being metaphorical homosexuality was only a small part of the overall picture I was trying to put forward here.

With the information I presented it seems as though Jesus' blood being seen as wine is the adulteress' tool of intoxicating people and keeping them from reaching the truth.

You don't have any thoughts on that aspect of my OP?

Yes, you are.

The Greeks recognized nine different kinds of love. Agape and erotic love are two of those.

If you really feel that the two are the same, then do you actually try to hump any and everyone you love? Did you try to hump your parents? Do you hump your pets? Do you hump your children? Even if you don't, do you desire to?

Do you not love them if you don't?

Of course not, the love you feel is as different kind of love. The Greeks at least were capable of recognizing this, even if you are being purposefully obtuse so that you can accuse Christians of being abominations.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

You're thinking of religious marriage, I'm talking about spiritual marriage, the marriage of the body and Spirit at conception

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

See, you're not understanding my point, which is fine, I know not everyone will understand it. The Eucharist is a symbol of the carnal love the church exhibits for Jesus, otherwise known as lust. They are more concerned with rituals and carnal affairs than anything spiritual. True agape love is the kind Jesus taught, forgiving others and not holding grudges. The church is more concerned about the sacrificial ritual of the carnal crucifixion than Jesus' teachings on love.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

See, you're not understanding my point, which is fine, I know not everyone will understand it. The Eucharist is a symbol of the carnal love the church exhibits for Jesus, otherwise known as lust. They are more concerned with rituals and carnal affairs than anything spiritual. True agape love is the kind Jesus taught, forgiving others and not holding grudges. The church is more concerned about the sacrificial ritual of the carnal crucifixion than Jesus' teachings on love.

Not really, but even if you did, I wouldn't expect you to admit it.

Nevermind, of course, that symbols are just that ... symbols. Nevermind, of course, that a goodly portion of the church if female. Nevermind, of course, that we are not even male or female in the spiritual realm where would be the bride of Christ.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

^^ Kinda blows the whole "the Church is the Bride of Christ" thing out of the water!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

But who are it's leaders? Men who claim to be married to another man. Sounds a lot like homosexuality to me. Females have no authority in church, they are told to stay silent. That male authority claims to be married to Jesus then claim to have authority on what he said and wanted from us. Sounds like blasphemy to me. Jesus said to speak to his Father in secret and that those who sought would find. Having the answer handed to you is not the definition of seeking something.
edit on 8/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

You may want to read this OP. It falls along the lines with what you said, and somewhat with the king james version of the bible. However, other sources of information pin points that the beast is actually The U.S, and it's system or machine, aka the pyramid scheme, and the vatican being the Scarlet.

But then there is the other source of information that suggests that the scarlet whore is actually the U.S. Which ever the case, metaphorically they do apply.

However, I have a feeling it goes deeper into the spiritual level, as in literally a beast created by human consciousness and the scarlet whore being that of LILITH. Paranormal experiences and connections ive made suggests this very thing. From the stone owl, in bohemian grove to Isis, and Bastet which is also lucifer/samael.

In our reality, I would say both metaphor and spiritual applies, since after all reality does seem to reflect from the spiritual.
In either case, be it metaphor or spiritual, they both apply.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

But who are it's leaders? Men who claim to be married to another man. Sounds a lot like homosexuality to me. Females have no authority in church, they are told to stay silent. That male authority claims to be married to Jesus then claim to have authority on what he said and wanted from us. Sounds like blasphemy to me. Jesus said to speak to his Father in secret and that those who sought would find. Having the answer handed to you is not the definition of seeking something.

Being married to someone of the same sex doesn't = homosexuality per se.

Homosexuality is SEXUALITY aka, who someone is sexually attracted to. I don't believe sexuality and love are that tightly linked... If I can be sexually attracted to a woman but not love her, I can love a woman and not be sexually attracted to her, right?

Interpretations of the Bible are difficult. Yours is quite an interesting one and I like your ideas. But it's just a hard thing to master and I don't think we ever will. Take it from a guy who was raised (and still is) a Catholic.... I think we should take the bible for what it is. A book of teachings made for the illiterate... but that doesn't mean it holds no value. I'm actually interested in the Bible and it's predictions (a whole other story)
edit on 31-8-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This thread has piqued my interest. I find the OP's hypothesis plausible. But, if you think of "male" as the creative/active energy and "female" as the receptive energy, you might have another level to ponder.

I left organized religion a long time ago to investigate and explore. Denominational religion puts you in too tight of a box. The Bible is an amazing compilation and I re-read it years after I left religion through new eyes and found it much more interesting and mysterious.

I think it actually does hold some secrets, but one has to search for them as if they were hidden treasures. It has at least three levels, possibly more, and depending on your spiritual advancement and search endeavors, you will "see" and "hear" things with new eyes. Life itself is one big mysterious "why". Science can explain some of the hows, but it has never been able to explain the source of the "why".

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Great topic here. I had recently been contemplating starting one very similar to this but from a slightly different perspective. These are things that become rather obvious to those who have looked at the bigger picture in an honest manner, but will seem like insane ramblings to those who have been contently slumbering in the tomb of their Christianity.

The Body of Christ is to be considered a masculine entity for even more reasons than what you presented in your opening post. In John 9:4-5, Jesus Himself declared that a time of darkness was going to begin after He departed. This darkness has been the 2,000-year "entombment" period of the Church - the Body of Christ (even as Christ's body was entombed.) This darkness can also be considered the "womb" in which the masculine body has been concelaed for 2,000 years.

What is the biological function of the male? It is to plant the seed in the darkness, from which will be revealed a new life. Has the Kingdom of God ever been manifested (birthed) on the earth throughout the dispensation of the Church Age? It has not. Why? Because the Church Age has been the time of the (masculine) planting of the seed. This is what the masculine Body of Christ has done - spread the Gospel throughout the world. As we now enter the "third day," the masculine work must now end, and the Kingdom must be birthed from the darkneded womb/tomb through the cosmic feminine work of the Bride of Christ - NOT the Body of Christ.

So then, how is the Bride of Christ established? The Bride of the "Last Adam" (the glorified Christ) is established in the same manner that the bride of the "first Adam" was established - by coming out from within his sleeping body. Those in the slumbering Body of Christ (blinded Christianity, with its 20,000+ disagreeing denominations) MUST come to the realization that they have been sleeping in darkness, and are in need of a resurrection. So, by the Body of Christ awakening and fleeing the tomb (coming out) of Christianity (Babylon), this will transform the Body of Christ into His end-time Bride, even as the bride of the first Adam came out from within his sleeping body.

All of the contents of the Bible must be seen as living parables that have been divinely designed to awaken the Church at this very time.

The irony of this is that Christians, who condemn homosexuality and transgenderism, unknowingly promote these things at a much higher cosmological level by insisting that the masculine Body of Christ is His chosen reigning counterpart for His Kingdom. When He returns, He will come with the iron scepter (the masculine rod), and He will NOT choose His Body, but His Bride, to reign with. Or, many Christians insist that the Body and the Bride are the same entity (transgenderism), and that there does not need to be any delineation between the two. But this is, of course, not true. The Bride must be seperate from the Body, and those in the Church must now awaken to this.

Those who remain in the tomb/womb of Christianity/Babylon/the masculine Body of Christ, who refuse to face the fact that they have mutilated Christ's true image beyond all recognition with the widespread division and hypocrisy throughout Christianity, will not reign in the Kingodm. They will have preferred to remain in their comfortable darkness, which is where they will remain during the "Millennial Reign" of Christ and His purified Bride.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

To put this bluntly, both the father and son are not worth hearing, or ever speaking of.

This Ying and Yang is a very large problem, and nothing these guys bring to the table does anything about it.

Jesus did NOTHING, solved NOTHING, and changed NOTHING.

Except this, he made a 'new breed' of harnessed mystics, that could further carry on into that age.

What do you think the message should be now at the end of the age that in Revelations it is announced that he will be leaving ??

The Mother Ship approaches....but it is too late for them !!!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Man made religion, now you know why I do not support organized religion of any kind, religion like the men that create it is the most dangerous entity in this world and it was not mean to be for peace, understanding and neither enlightening of the soul, it was for those in power personal domination, the right to kill under divine guidance and to enslave those that will not agree with their man established laws.

Sadly even with all the makeup that religions has gone through for centuries still base their laws on archaic rules.

Hate to break it to ya, but the entire worlds governments and all main political and educational systems are based ENTIRELY on those same rules.

Funny watching people believe that a REAL separation ever occurred.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This thread has piqued my interest. I find the OP's hypothesis plausible. But, if you think of "male" as the creative/active energy and "female" as the receptive energy, you might have another level to ponder.

I left organized religion a long time ago to investigate and explore. Denominational religion puts you in too tight of a box. The Bible is an amazing compilation and I re-read it years after I left religion through new eyes and found it much more interesting and mysterious.

I think it actually does hold some secrets, but one has to search for them as if they were hidden treasures. It has at least three levels, possibly more, and depending on your spiritual advancement and search endeavors, you will "see" and "hear" things with new eyes. Life itself is one big mysterious "why". Science can explain some of the hows, but it has never been able to explain the source of the "why".

What would you say are the three levels of the Bible that you have thus far determined, and what are some of the things you have been opened up to seeing when reading it in a way different from the conventional religious approach?

Certainly, the most obvious and elemental level from which to approach reading it is that from which Christianity approaches it - as literal book of historical facts. But with 20,000 disagreeing denominations all seeing conflicting things, it becomes evident that such an outlook must be left behind if one is to progress true in spiritual growth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join