It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church Doctrine is the Whore of Babylon and "Man Lying With Man"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The church (choose your denomination) is said to be the "Bride of Christ", or at the very least is strongly implied to be just that. What is it that all churches and denominations share between one another? That Jesus died for our sins, resurrected, and that belief in said sacrifice is the deciding factor on whether or not we are forgiven for our sins.

To demonstrate the concept of the church (again, choose your denomination) being the Bride of Christ, I'll quote Paul in his epistles to the Ephesians and Corinthians.

Ephesians 5
25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church— 30 for we are members of his body.

Here we see Paul comparing the relationship of a husband and wife to that of the relationship between Christ and the church.

2 Corinthians 11
2 I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him.

Here Paul is writing to the church in Corinth, saying that he promised them (the church) to one husband, Jesus Christ.

With these verses/passages in mind, we can come to the conclusion that Christendom for the most part (there are some exceptions, though they are the minority) believes that the church is the Bride of Christ. Whichever church it is, they believe themselves to be the Bride of Christ, a.k.a. God's people.

Who is it that runs the church? Men. A feminine institution (the "Bride") being dominated by men. The vast majority, if not all churches in the world are male-dominated, males giving the orders and directing church endeavors. The head of the Catholic church (the largest denomination in the world) is the Pope, a man. There has never been a female Pope and never will be.

What does Paul say about women in the church?

1 Corinthians 14
34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

He says that women are not allowed to speak in church because it is a "disgrace" according to the law. What law? I can't seem to find anything in the law that says that women should remain silent, only what Paul says here. Why is he telling females to be quiet within an institution that is regarded as feminine? Shouldn't women be encouraged to speak in church since it is considered to be Christ's bride? That's my opinion at least.

Anyways, back to the point on men running the church. What do we consider a man who acts femininely to be? A homosexual. The feminine church is run by men, are you following me here?

Romans 1
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Men committing sexual acts with other men can be equated to the church, the so-called feminine bride that is male dominated. The church claims to be the body of Jesus, the body is supposedly the wife. Why is the wife consisted of male authority? The husband, in this case Jesus, is wed to men. Man lying with man, a.k.a. homosexuality. This is what Leviticus refers to as a "detestable sin", replacing the true feminine body with that of man and his doctrines, not literal homosexuality or gay sex.

What can the churches doctrines be considered? Adulteries, the church is the prostitute mentioned in Revelation.

Revelation 17
1 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the punishment of the great prostitute, who sits by many waters. 2 With her the kings of the earth committed adultery, and the inhabitants of the earth were intoxicated with the wine of her adulteries.” 3 Then the angel carried me away in the Spirit into a wilderness. There I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast that was covered with blasphemous names and had seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. 5 The name written on her forehead was a mystery: BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES, AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Christendom sits on many waters doesn't it? It encompasses the entire Earth and with her (the church) the kings commit adultery.

This passage also makes mention of the inhabitants of the Earth getting intoxicated off of the wine of her adulteries. What is wine? According to the Eucharist it is Jesus' blood. Jesus compares his blood to wine at the Last Supper and even turns water into wine with his first miracle. The belief that Jesus' blood shed on the cross saves us is the wine that the adulteress (church) uses to intoxicate the inhabitants of the Earth, and as we know, Christianity is the largest religion in the world.

Revelation 16
4 The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 Then I heard the angel in charge of the waters say: “You are just in these judgments, O Holy One, you who are and who were; 6 for they have shed the blood of your holy people and your prophets, and you have given them blood to drink as they deserve.”

Here we see God telling an angel to pour a bowl of his wrath into rivers and springs of water, turning them into blood. Remember when Jesus turned water into wine (his blood)? God also says that the ones who shed the blood of his holy people are given blood to drink. Didn't Jesus tell us to drink his blood at the Last Supper? I thought Jesus' blood was to withhold God's wrath, not cause it. These verses seem to imply the opposite. Maybe "being washed in the blood of Jesus" is a form of punishment and not salvation? These verses sure seem to imply that.

The passage in Revelation 17 says that the kings of the Earth commit adultery with the Whore of Babylon. Who is said to rule the kings of the Earth?

Revelation 1
4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,

Jesus is said to be the ruler of the kings of the Earth. Maybe Jesus is the beast that the Harlot rides on in Revelation 17. The woman and beast she rides on are said to be clothed in scarlet and purple. Did Jesus ever wear scarlet or purple? Yes he did!

(Continued...)
edit on 8/29/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Mark 15
16 The soldiers led Jesus away into the palace (that is, the Praetorium) and called together the whole company of soldiers. 17 They put a purple robe on him, then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on him. 18 And they began to call out to him, “Hail, king of the Jews!” 19 Again and again they struck him on the head with a staff and spit on him. Falling on their knees, they paid homage to him. 20 And when they had mocked him, they took off the purple robe and put his own clothes on him. Then they led him out to crucify him.

The Roman soldiers put a purple robe onto Jesus before they sent him out to be crucified! But before they crucify him, they put him back into his own clothes. The Praetorium they took him to in order to put the robe on was the tent of the Roman general, or sometimes even referred to the Emperor's headquarters.

This symbolizes Rome turning Jesus into the beast and then putting his clothes back on him in order to hide their deeds from the people. The church is the adulteress in purple who rides the scarlet beast, she is adorned with gold, jewels, and pearls. The Papal offices and churches in general are pretty fancy aren't they?

Revelation 13
1 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

The beast that came out of the sea is the same one that the Harlot rides in Revelation 17, both have ten horns and seven heads.

Revelation 17
9 This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

The seven heads symbolize seven hills. What does Rome sit on top of? Seven hills. The church (Harlot) rode the beast (Jesus) with seven heads (Rome).

To top it all off, let's take a look at where Jesus supposedly ascended to heaven from.

Acts 1
10 They were looking intently up into the sky as he was going, when suddenly two men dressed in white stood beside them. 11 “Men of Galilee,” they said, “why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven.” 12 Then the apostles returned to Jerusalem from the hill called the Mount of Olives, a Sabbath day’s walk from the city.

According to Acts, Jesus ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives. Why is this relevant?

1 Kings 11
7 On a hill east of Jerusalem, Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the detestable god of Moab, and for Molek the detestable god of the Ammonites.

According to the OT, the Mount of Olives is where King Solomon erected pagan shrines in order for people to worship them. Rome was a pagan empire before converting to Christianity. Along their path to conversion, they turned Jesus into a pagan idol to be worshiped by the masses. No wonder Jesus ascended where pagan shrines once stood, the erected yet another pagan idol in Jesus, putting him in a purple robe and crucifying him for sins.

Revelation 13
3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast.

The church is man lying with man, an idol worship cult that follows the beast called Jesus. Jesus' blood intoxicates the masses, his mortal wound was healed at his resurrection and the whole world follows him, believing his death gives them life.

********NOTE********

Please address the information and not me personally. If you decide to address me personally I will assume you did not read this far and are not interested in learning anything. If that is the case I will ignore you.

Thank you for reading.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Jesus's teachings (The Sermon on The Mount) is Heavenly and promotes Peace, Love, and Forgiveness. I don't see anything beast-like/animalistic/primitive about it. Forgiveness, patience, and kindness requires self-control.

Concerning the feminine role of the church, Isn't Mary (a female) important in The Catholic/Universal Church? They even say "Hail Mary", so the female does appear to have an important role in the "bride" of Christ.

edit on 29-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

In Jesus' sermon he rights the wrongs of the OT on several occasions, changing the laws to better fit with what his Father expected. "Eye for an eye" was changed to "turn the other cheek" and "hate your enemy" was changed to "love your enemies". Jesus was trying to bring the truth to pagan idol worshipers on the Mount, but in the end Rome turned him into an idol on the very same hill where pagan shrines once stood when they had him ascend into heaven from it.

The sacrificial lamb is not the same as the man who spoke the words in the gospels. They took his words of truth and wrapped them in blasphemous doctrines, saying he had to die to forgive our sins. The man who spoke before the crucifixion had this to say:

Matthew 6
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.

Forgiving others is what allows you to be forgiven, not a sacrifice on a cross.

As for Mary, even she symbolizes a greater truth that the church has perverted. She symbolizes the virgin Earth, the thing that did not require sex in order to bring forth life. Mother Earth = Mother Mary.

The word "matter" derives from the Latin word mater- which means "mother". Our Mother Earth is made up of matter. Mary on the other hand is said to literally mean "rebellion". Her name is a nod to the church "rebelling" against the Earth and taking her spot. They venerate the rebellion, which is why they say "Hail Mary", a.k.a. "Hail Rebellion". Hail means to praise, but it also means to fall. What happened at the rebellion? Satan "fell" to Earth. The rabbit hole goes deep with the symbolism here.

The church (prostitute) is the institution that took the Mother or Bride's role from Earth. That's why the church calls itself the body, Earth is what makes up our bodies.

Church means "public place of worship" or "house of the Lord", it symbolizes the Earth. The Earth is our house or temple, our body (church).

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1 dude,what the difference between a fairy tale and the bible? NOTHING!!! Get over it

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: blkcwbyhat

Even fairy tales have some sort of message behind them you know. I don't think it's a bad thing to try and decipher that message. All great lies have a foundation of truth, the same goes for the bible.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I think that Paul is a substitute for Yeshuas teachings. Sounds similar but are opposite. Calling it a Whore fits. Whore of Babylon would include from my point of view also greed (corrupted by Mammon) since that it what Babylon was known for. The catholic church do fit there too.

For me Yeshua taught that all should be their brothers and sisters keepers regardless of Race/Power or Religion (ideals/conditioning).

Paul created duality grouping with the Church where those who believes in Jesus was saved by that belief without need of action. Yeshua said he would reject the people who followed him without need of action (sheeps and goats) since the followers of Paul became hypocrites.
edit on 29-8-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
The church is the sum of all the people who have Jesus alive in them (born again). All the stuff you talk about is mere hierarchy, organization. Not that it is a bad thing to be organized but it should never take priority over the true church i.e. the people who have Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is one of my biggest problems with organized religion. No one can ever agree what the Bible means. Everyone seems to have their own version of The Truth.

There were 217 denominations listed in the 2006 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches. But there may well be other groups that function as a denomination but do not regard themselves as such. The single largest religious group in the United States is the Roman Catholic Church, which had 67 million members in 2005.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Man made religion, now you know why I do not support organized religion of any kind, religion like the men that create it is the most dangerous entity in this world and it was not mean to be for peace, understanding and neither enlightening of the soul, it was for those in power personal domination, the right to kill under divine guidance and to enslave those that will not agree with their man established laws.

Sadly even with all the makeup that religions has gone through for centuries still base their laws on archaic rules.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Here you go confusing erotic love with agape again.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Man made religion, now you know why I do not support organized religion of any kind, religion like the men that create it is the most dangerous entity in this world and it was not mean to be for peace, understanding and neither enlightening of the soul, it was for those in power personal domination, the right to kill under divine guidance and to enslave those that will not agree with their man established laws.

Sadly even with all the makeup that religions has gone through for centuries still base their laws on archaic rules.

I think that the basic concepts of religion hold true but that the story(ies)/ laws have been abused & twisted so much over time to suit someone's else's needs that it's not the true teachings anymore.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Is a always a moralistic view of religious teachings base on the believes of those that follow them, this include all religions, is also historical truth mix with lore and myth.

I agree that religion has been twisted to pursue agendas even if those agendas means death and mayhem that has spanned for centuries.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Interesting idea OP. To me it's a bit like arguing if Spiderman could whip Batman's butt.

Or vice-versa. Do unicorns eat grass or starlight?

Imaginary BS is imaginary BS. In my opinion.

One small note, "homosexual man" doesn't mean "effeminate man," it just means "a man sexually oriented toward a man."

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not confusing what love is, love is the feeling toward another person regardless of what gender they are, both gay and straight people feel this toward their partner. Though the church being metaphorical homosexuality was only a small part of the overall picture I was trying to put forward here.

With the information I presented it seems as though Jesus' blood being seen as wine is the adulteress' tool of intoxicating people and keeping them from reaching the truth.

You don't have any thoughts on that aspect of my OP?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Two men or women having sex is the "outward/concrete/literal" meaning of the term homosexuality, but the "inward/abstract/metaphorical" meaning of the term is when the truth is perverted.

Two people of the same sex cannot create life, only two of the opposite sex can. In the same way, the false church does not teach life, it teaches death or Jesus' sacrifice. The church is a perversion of the truth, it is the metaphorical homosexuality in this case.

Sex is another word for marriage, two becoming one flesh. Sex is a means for two people to create one baby. When a baby is conceived, the "marriage" is consummated, we as conscious life are the consummation of that marriage. The church has turned this inward meaning of the word into an outward ritual, they have replaced the inward (male/spiritual) meaning of the word marriage with an outward (feminine/body) ritual. They have turned the feminine into the male, a.k.a. homosexuality.

It's a bit hard to put the concept into words but once you see it for what it is it becomes obvious.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Two men or women having sex is the "outward/concrete/literal" meaning of the term homosexuality, but the "inward/abstract/metaphorical" meaning of the term is when the truth is perverted.

Well, as you can make up whatever terms and constructs you wish in regard to "inward/abstract/metaphorical" material there's no disagreeing with you, is there?

There's no reason to transpose the meaning of "homosexual" to imply "a reversal of gender" whether actual or imaginary, because, well, that's not what the word means.

I was speaking of real things.

Perhaps if you mean to say "effeminate man" you should just say "effeminate man" although that is an exceedingly subjective and vague term ... but, after all, it's your philosophy, and you can tell the lie anyway you want to, LOL.

I merely made a small observation on terminology, and I don't want to derail your thread.

Best.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

How am I lying? The male dominated church is deeply in love with a man, even going as far as drinking his blood and putting his body in their mouth. Sounds pretty "gay" to me.

I don't have anything against gay people by the way, I'm just pointing some stuff out.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Excellent -- thank you! This is making my mind spiral (and I love that!). I will have to read it again and give this much more thought, so I don't have much to add.

For what it's worth, I'm reading this from the perspective that the "church" is incomplete because the feminine divine has been excluded by the patriarchy throughout most of history (though not throughout time.) The Trinity is a perfect example; how can there be a Father and Son without a Mother? I believe that the Mother Mary is not holy and "full of grace" because she gave birth to Jesus... Mother Mary gave birth to Jesus because she was always holy and "full of grace." Not to discount the role of man, but it is the woman -- the mother -- that gives/brings forth life.

I'm going to enjoy pondering this and the basic principles involved, both the tangible and the intangible. Thank you!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes, it is Father, Mother, and Son. The Holy Spirit is the Father, even Jesus says God (his Father) is Spirit. They replaced the Mother with another name for the Father. The Mother is Earth, our bodies, the true church.

Mother Mary symbolizes Earth, but Mary is a perversion of the truth. Mary literally means "rebellion", we have rebelled against our home, Earth, which is why we see the destruction of our planet happening today. Why is Mary considered a virgin? Because Earth brought forth life (the Son) without the need for sexual intercourse.

Jesus' story symbolizes life itself (what you are) and the churches subsequent perversion of the truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join