It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Evidence for Creationism? Show it to us.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

As futile as it would be, I second this motion. At least that way, lame creationist arguments can be shut off with a simple link rather than the usual chore of multiple people explaining throughout multiple threads.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Phantom423

As futile as it would be, I second this motion. At least that way, lame creationist arguments can be shut off with a simple link rather than the usual chore of multiple people explaining throughout multiple threads.

I've asked on multiple occasions for a Creationist to refute a journal paper which has reported hard evidence on some topic in evolution. To date, no one has come up with anything (of course, that's because none of their gurus have ever done any research). So with a library of citations and various types of evidence, we could simply point to the evidence and let them come up with evidence that it's all wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
Yes it is. Case in point: this thread.

Case in point: your post...

All it says to me is that the Jedi mind tricks are working very well.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

You say a lot of words for someone with nothing to say.

Let me remind you of the thread title: Is There Evidence for Creationism? Show it to us.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: Raggedyman
About as much as there is for evolution

Evolution is a fact. If you are unwilling to learn about it, thats fine. But dont spread lies.

Evolution is FACT.

The earth was flat once..... FACT?

Science changes it's mind time and time again.

That was NEVER a scientific fact.

I read some of your other posts. Do you have an example of modern scientific theory (by modern I mean based on the scientific method since it became widely used in the early 1900s) that was proven completely wrong? The earth being flat was never a position of science. Scientific theories are based on verified fact, so I'd be interested in seeing which official theories have been completely rejected.

Do you realize how many millions of fossils we have pulled out of the ground? Out of all of them, not once has a single fossil been out of place in regards to the geological column they have been found in. That's millions of possible opportunities to falsify evolution yet not a single one has. I don't know what you think about odds, but 2,000,000 out of 2,000,000 is 100% and in reality there are more than that.
edit on 31-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: spygeek

They both got it wrong, life was brought here, imo.

OK -- But how did that life start (ultimately)?

By the way, the Theory of Evolution does not try to explain how life got started. It only attempts to explain how organisms change. If you are looking for hypotheses on how life somehow came into being from non-living materials, then you should be looking at Abiogenesis or Biopoiesis, NOT evolution.

edit on 8/31/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Excellent watch btw as a non American It opened up my eyes a lot.

Just watched it. Absolutely PERFECT! You should start a thread about it.

Yeah - opened up your eyes - see what we're dealing with every bloody day????

the missing link:

cdesign proponentsist

Brilliant!!! And that was 10 years ago. Yet still we are, as a populace, frothing over it.
Can I come and stay with you for the next 40 years???

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy

Sorry , but the law is an ass .
I have already linked you to Einstein
AND Hawkins , who categorically
admit intelligent design is proven.

(the law allows me to recognise factual evidence
...even thugh humans act like monkeys )

You did no such thing. You linked to discovery institute and evolutionnews, 2 known creationist mouthpieces. Lemme know when you have a real scientific study and not propaganda, thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
You are wrong. The bible is not mythology, religion is. You can look at ALL mainstream religion and track it's roots to Mythology. You can't track true religion to mythology. Sorry, you will lose in that debate.

The bible isn't a single book. It is a compilation of various stories from different time periods. You can't say with any degree of certain which stories are true and which ones are not. There is no debate. The bible holds just as much weight as all other ancient mythology. Claiming it's not, would be completely false.

Anyways, this thread is no surprise at all.

Not a single creationist has linked us to any physical tangible evidence that suggests creationism, while in the evidence for evolution thread numerous scientific studies were posted in support of it. I mean come on, you guys can only dance around the truth for so long, right? It's time to put up or shut up. If you aren't posting evidence, why even post in the thread? Why so desperate to prove a worldview?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm not sure about Creationism but I believe and 100% subscribe to Biblical Creation or Creation By God. And the evidence for it is quite unmistakable. Really, it's right in front of your face.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: edmc^2

I'm not sure about Creationism but I believe and 100% subscribe to Biblical Creation or Creation By God. And the evidence for it is quite unmistakable. Really, it's right in front of your face.

Then maybe you'll be the first person in this thread to present the evidence. Remember the definition of evidence:

"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I respect your opinion that the evidence is "unmistakable", but I 'd like to know why you feel that it is unmistakable that God created life on Earth rather than life naturally arising in the universe.

It's my opinion that life has been around in the universe longer than the Earth has been around (the Earth isn't special in the universe), so I would say that the Biblical Creation stories don't tell me how life in general got started, or why a Supreme Creator is required at all.

edit on 8/31/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I was gonsmacked tbh.
So many liars all just to push their brand of religion.
Sorry to say but as a guy from a non religious country it made the usa appear backward.
Keep fighting these charlatans.
Oh and I think I did make a thread about it ages ago.
edit on 31-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

OK -- But how did that life start (ultimately)?

Just like we find it difficult to accept the Uiniverse goes on forever, we also can't accept that life has always been there.

And that again, is just my O.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I respect your opinion that the evidence is "unmistakable", but I 'd like to know why you feel that it is unmistakable that God created life on Earth rather than life naturally arising in the universe.

It's my opinion that life has been around in the universe longer than the Earth has been around (the Earth isn't special in the universe), so I would say that the Biblical Creation stories don't tell me how life in general got started, or why a Supreme Creator is required at all.

sure it does. Biblical Creation explains it beautifully, in simple poetic terms it says:

Gen 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth".

Meaning, that (material) life at one point in time had a 'beginning". that the earth and the physical universe had a beginning. hence a Cause - a Creator - God.

a Cause that had no Beginning and no end. Hence Infinite God. as space-time is infinite so is God the First Cause.

edit on 31-8-2015 by edmc^2 because: space-time

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Then maybe you'll be the first person in this thread to present the evidence. Remember the definition of evidence:

"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid."

Thanks.

The brain alone is more than enough evidence of a Wise Creator.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Keep fighting these charlatans.
Oh and I think I did make a thread about it ages ago.

Time for a resurrection.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

You are wrong. The bible is not mythology, religion is. You can look at ALL mainstream religion and track it's roots to Mythology. You can't track true religion to mythology. Sorry, you will lose in that debate.

The bible isn't a single book. It is a compilation of various stories from different time periods. You can't say with any degree of certain which stories are true and which ones are not. There is no debate. The bible holds just as much weight as all other ancient mythology. Claiming it's not, would be completely false.

Not a single creationist has linked us to any physical tangible evidence that suggests creationism, while in the evidence for evolution thread numerous scientific studies were posted in support of it. I mean come on, you guys can only dance around the truth for so long, right? It's time to put up or shut up. If you aren't posting evidence, why even post in the thread? Why so desperate to prove a worldview?

Here is what needs to happen: Turn the tables. You evolutionists prove there is evolution! You can't! You blindly follow false dots that cannot be connected! So in your wisdom and supreme intellect, prove one fossil that connects organisms from different eras! ONE! that all I ask.
edit on 31-8-2015 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome You evolutionists prove there is evolution!

Here ya go!

www.talkorigins.org...

However, the topic of the thread is:

Is There Evidence for Creationism? Show it to us.

13 pages in and nothing.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Here is what needs to happen: Turn the tables. You evolutionists prove there is evolution! You can't! You blindly follow false dots that cannot be connected! So in your wisdom and supreme intellect, prove one fossil that connects organisms from different eras! ONE! that all I ask.

Sure we can. But first things first - I showed you that you were wrong in your post about the impossibility of a protein forming. You didn't respond. You simply ignored it. That's typical of your crowd - you ignore evidence.
But I'm not letting you off the hook so easily. Admit that you were wrong or tell us why the experiment I cited was faulty.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join