It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whales they are awesome.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I was given some music of a whale song by my doctor to help me sleep and it does help me so I have been checking out whales because I didn't know much about them.
It amazes me that they climbed out of the water as we all did but decided to go back in on their evolutionary journey.

Here is a graph showing the evolution of whales.

www.evolutionevidence.org...

I found this demonstrating what happens to them when they die.

Just like a carrion burial
giving life back when dead.

So what is your fave Whale? Got to be the Narwhale for me.

edit on 27-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes whales are pretty awesome BM . So my suggestion is that we hunt and kill them , you know , for scientific study . Oh wait , the Japanese do that already . Can i call them pricks for doing that , stuff it i just did .
edit on 27-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I saw a programme and they have tons and tons of whale meat still for sale in Japan.

Look here.

It is part of their culture I suppose but it doesn't sit well with me personally.
But eating Cows doesn't sit well with a billion people so.
Best we can do I suppose is make sure the whales around the rest of the world are left in peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It is part of their culture I suppose

So let them hunt for them in their own territorial waters . Wait , they have no whales in their own waters . Did i mention the word pricks .

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

# didn't know that.
Bloomin villians they are.
Why are we not torpedoing the whaling vessels then?.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Never seen that before.

Loled hard at "shoot the seals"...
lol

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

thought you'd get a kick out of that.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

www.abc.net.au...

The scientific committee of the International Whaling Commission (IWC) said Japan had failed to give enough detail to explain why it wanted to kill almost 4,000 minke whales in the Antarctic over the next 12 years.

So its about research , but all the meat finishes up on Japanese plates .

killed ostensibly for research — is processed into food, and said the whale population in any case was big enough to allow sustainable whaling.

Japan had hunted whales in the Southern Ocean under an exemption in the global whaling moratorium that allowed for lethal research.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

you might want to check out the Movie.

it's called Nice Dreams. maybe even watch the first one they did it's called up in smoke. you'll laugh your a@@ off.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Thats just disgusting 4000!!?? I could understand a couple of hundred for science but when it is obviously being caught for food...
It isn't just the Japanese though look here about Iceland sending them meat.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

It is part of their culture I suppose but it doesn't sit well with me personally.

Nor me , or them I guess as they do it now under the guise of scientific research.
They'll be heading off to the Southern Ocean soon for some more "research" which will no doubt end up on a plate.

I agree Whales they awesome , the Japanese not so.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Killer whales are awesome. The black fish documentary is well worth a watch
edit on 27-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

We saw a lot of Pilot whales off the Canary Islands in early August. There are some 300 there although we might have seen around 50. I was stupidly expecting huge behemoths that would dwarf the boat and spumes of spray from their blow holes.

Pilot whales are small potatoes compared to others. There was one moment when three of them broke the surface at the same time. The sun was shining and everything seemed to slow down slightly. The three whales rolled slowly forward and their fins cut the waves. You know that Highlander scene with the stag? Ramirez is telling him to 'Be the stag.' It was like that. There was a momentary sense of identifying with these guys and it gave me the weirdest sensation of warm goosebumps. The moment seemed to last a minute or more and was probably a couple of seconds.

edit on 8.27.2015 by Kandinsky because: edited to add images

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
But eating Cows doesn't sit well with a billion people so.
Best we can do I suppose is make sure the whales around the rest of the world are left in peace.

Difference being we don't go all over the world killing cows, claiming it's for science, and then eat them. If Japan can raise their own Whales inside Japan they can go for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Whale fact .

The testicles of right whales are likely to be the largest of any animal, each weighing around 500 kg (1,100 lb).

Talk about blue balls .

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I wish I didn't get so sea sick even on a rowboat.
I saw the dingle bay dolphin when I was younger thats the best I can do.
I bet that was an awesome experience so jelly I am

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Watching now.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

At least you've seen a dolphin. Not many have. They're on my list and we had a chance of seeing them near the pilot whales; they just weren't out that day.

It'd be amazing to see a blue whale. Only recently read that they're the biggest critter ever lived. Always pictured long-neck dinos as being way bigger so live and learn.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

That we have found

Tin foil hat on...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join