It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whales they are awesome.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

The blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) is a marine mammal belonging to the baleen whales (Mysticeti).[9] At 30 metres (98 ft)[10] in length and 180 tonnes (200 short tons)[11] or more in weight, it is the largest extant animal and is the heaviest known to have existed.[

Can you imagine seeing a large blue whale , it would be freeking awesome . You could aslo say to yourself , i may have just seen the largest living thing to ever live . As a side note , line up ninety cars , theres your blue whale right there . 90 cars , mind blown .
edit on 27-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

To be honest I think I would be in awe and just a bit scared.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Just found this.

Nature but a bit graphic.

www.worldfishingnetwork.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

It'd be hard to forget. Another good thing is it's not like seeing a wild tiger or gorillas - zero chance of winding up dead or mauled. Worst thing a blue would do would be to soak you in whale spit/spray.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I went whale watching off the coast of mull in Scotland. Didn't see any whales, but lots of basking sharks and the highlight was a sea eagle one of only about 50 left in the wild in the uk

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Before whaling, the largest population was in the Antarctic, numbering approximately 239,000 (range 202,000 to 311,000).

Humans , great arent we .

A 2002 report estimated there were 5,000 to 12,000 blue whales worldwide,

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I went whale watching off the coast of mull in Scotland. Didn't see any whales, but lots of basking sharks and the highlight was a sea eagle one of only about 50 left in the wild in the uk

I'll look into that. Basking sharks have been one of those dream critters to see by me and my brother. He's done the S Africa Great White Sharks thing and even got in the cage. So would I as long as long as great whites aren't angered by a gallon of human urine in their 'breathing water.'

Isle of Bute is on Mull's doorstep and that's somewhere I know well from the past. Beautiful place and I never knew they had baskers there.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

We're a mindless species it seems. We're just reaching that point where we're beginning to realise how important nature is and it might be too late.

All these recent decades of depleting the marine stocks and it's just sinking in. I wish it had dawned on us a few decades earlier...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

At least you've seen a dolphin. Not many have.

Come to Australia , well at least the southern half where i live . I took the kids out on the boat one day and a pod of 15 to 20 including some pups were close so i motored over closer for a better look . 2 adults came along side and kind of motioned for us to follow . They rode the boats bow wave for a hundred meters or so then stopped and gave me look that said , back off children are eating look . Funny thing is , i knew what they were doing .
edit on 27-8-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: boymonkey74

Whale fact .

"The testicles of right whales are likely to be the largest of any animal, each weighing around 500 kg (1,100 lb). "

Talk about blue balls .

No, those are 'Right balls'.

Balaenoptera musculus testicles would be 'Blue balls'.

edit on 27-8-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Did a quick thread, day or so ago saying I had seen some (2-3) tail slapping, breaching and having a ball here in North
Qld, Whales that is.
It was the first time in 8 years I had seen them here myself.
Thread disappeared and got squashed, I think because I mentioned where you could get a coffee
and watch them at the same time (I suppose, not sure really) I don't have any vested interest in the business,
so I'm not sure.

Seeing the whales playing though was pretty much the highlight of my year.

Years ago on top of cliffs down the bottom of WA we saw a mother calf swimming north and that was the first time I had seen then in the wild like that, it was pretty cool.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Narwhals are definitely awesome.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Narwhals are definitely awesome.

They definitely have a unicorn thing happening . Nature certainly has no shortage of left field candidates .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join