It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Amityville Horror: Original Movie oem version:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Every year or so I return to issues concerning the original Amityville Horror; each time I return to this topic I have a new set or series of questions or issues that I would like to discuss or see being discussed; This weekend I intend on watching my old VHS tape of the movie and I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about the film. I have a set of particular questions about it though:

When I first saw this movie, I believe it was in the year 1979 and the movie was freshly running in the theaters. I was very young but I managed to enter the theater without a problem. When I saw the movie I distinctly remember scenes or a scene of hogs or pigs with demonic faces flying through the air, and I believe it was during the scene when the Priest is alone in the upstairs room when those demonic flying hogs and pigs appear. The face on the pigs was the face of a goat/Baphomet figure and a scary one to observe indeed, especially at that age.

Now, when I watch this same movie, on tape VHS, the scene of the flying pigs is no longer there! I did research about this and I discovered that indeed some people had seen them in the film also. I wonder, how many of you remember seeing flying pigs in The Amityville Horror?

There's a whole other story to follow about that, but I would love to know if others out there, ATS members, remember their presence in the movie or if they remember any other peculiar things about the movie.. Feel free to join in with any and all interesting comments; Cheers to all..
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Sorry. I don't recall anything about flying pigs or hogs. Then again, I never saw it in the theater. Do you think it might be something that was cut from the movie?

I do know that in the Exorcist movie, quick flashes of demonic faces are shown but that's a whole other movie.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't remember any flying pigs, just the one in the rocking chair... or something like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AzerothTraveler
I don't remember any flying pigs, just the one in the rocking chair... or something like that.

You mean the beast the we saw in the window in the dead dark of the night with the flashing red eyes, while the little girl was rocking in the chair..I remember that one clearly as well..
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Sorry. I don't recall anything about flying pigs or hogs. Then again, I never saw it in the theater. Do you think it might be something that was cut from the movie?

I do know that in the Exorcist movie, quick flashes of demonic faces are shown but that's a whole other movie.

It's possible that it may have been cut when it went to VHS and DVD for home viewing, but in the 1979 in theater version, the animal was there..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I saw this at the drive in when it was new. There were not any flying pigs, but during the scene where they see the red eyes outside, whatever that was made pig noises and would have had to have been on the roof over the porch because it was a second story window as I recall.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: notquiteright

I saw this at the drive in when it was new. There were not any flying pigs, but during the scene where they see the red eyes outside, whatever that was made pig noises and would have had to have been on the roof over the porch because it was a second story window as I recall.

Well, this is where my story becomes interesting, and while I am intending on creating an entire thread about it, I am willing to write about it here on this one...

Basically when I watch certain movies, there are images in those movies of something that will occur to me in the future. This happened to me with this movie Amityville Horror. After graduating from college, long after having seen the movie in theatre as a child, I am going to be attacked by a demon or demons; the demonic substance simply becomes attached to me. Very unfortunate, but very real. In any case, the face of the demon, is the same face that was on the flying pig that I saw in that movie, the scene where the priest is in the empty bedroom trying to pray before the door slams shut.

The movie depicted the image of the beast that I would later rival in the distant future. Strange psychism, and psychic event: the warning was there in the movie, and I obviously wasn't listening.. the demonic attack led to some serious problems, and to this day I am trying to figure out how or why it entered my personal space.

I do have some hunches nonetheless, and I can try to present those later. In the meantime, I can tell you that the darkside pretty much holds on to wrath and lust like a monster. Also, the demon pig face, looks like an evil man of color, a non western face, even black male face filled with rage and anger, and gargoyle eyes of intense malevolence.

I wish I had learned to pay better attention to the details of the movie, and to the detail of persons around me later in life. Sadly enough, about the time when I was in college, my sister married this very shady fellow, that I believe is probably or has been a devil worshipper.
Strange scary guy, sometimes I feel his ill will might have something to do with it..
edit on 27-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright

It seems as though not too many members are interested in my thread here, maybe I should start a new one in the dreams and predictions forum or something..

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just my two cents or so about this general topic: Like everything else, I seem to experience it at the same time as having different memories of prior experience of it, from movies to real life experiences, whatever that means.

I didn't watch television for many years, and then found I needed the distraction of it, rather desperately. In watching several movies lately, that I've seen before, it seems I remember them, frequently, differently than the version I am seeing now.

I can't reply specifically to this particular movie, as horror movies aren't my thing, and are too disturbing for me, in general. But many movies I've watched recently, I seem to remember entirely differently, from scene to scene, to the endings.

A long time ago, I was watching Easy Rider. I happened to leave the credits on, rolling all the way through. At the very end of the credits, there was a final scene where Hopper actually survives the crash of his bike and walks away.
Go figure.
Take care.
tetra

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
Just my two cents or so about this general topic: Like everything else, I seem to experience it at the same time as having different memories of prior experience of it, from movies to real life experiences, whatever that means.

I didn't watch television for many years, and then found I needed the distraction of it, rather desperately. In watching several movies lately, that I've seen before, it seems I remember them, frequently, differently than the version I am seeing now.

I can't reply specifically to this particular movie, as horror movies aren't my thing, and are too disturbing for me, in general. But many movies I've watched recently, I seem to remember entirely differently, from scene to scene, to the endings.

A long time ago, I was watching Easy Rider. I happened to leave the credits on, rolling all the way through. At the very end of the credits, there was a final scene where Hopper actually survives the crash of his bike and walks away.
Go figure.
Take care.
tetra

Hey Tetra.. how are you?

top topics

join