It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extracting and animating data from the "UFO Video Captured By Homeland Security"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
I'm certainly interested to see if this little experiment in the use of ATS to distribute some of the work involved in performing a detailed examination of such footage works or not.

UFOResearch@home?
edit on 27-8-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
I'm certainly interested to see if this little experiment in the use of ATS to distribute some of the work involved in performing a detailed examination of such footage works or not.

UFOResearch@home?

If this little experiment works, I'll have to think about using that name for some further potential projects.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wow Isaac what can I say this is fantastic! Thank you for your dedication

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
A .blend file to play with. It contains a rather rough low-poly version of the aircraft, fairly close to scale. (But not sure just how big that UFO sphere is yet though.) Need to add more scenery, etc. Definitely some adjustments are needed. But it could be a starting point for making an animation based on the data.

drive.google.com...

The .blend file opens in Blender, in case you don't have that software. Not sure how well other 3D apps may interpret it. At least Blender is free, so that opens up things a bit for anyone wanting to give it a shot and add to it as part of a group project.

Might get around to modeling some landscape features to include in there, unless it's possible to import 3D stuff from Google earth/maps into the scene somehow. (Was thinking of USGS DEMS, but those files are huge. For what is seen we only need the airport and the area just around it.) What's tricky is there's a bit more stuff in the scene than you'd think at first, and the scale and positioning of things seen in the video is important if you want to do it right.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75
A .blend file to play with. It contains a rather rough low-poly version of the aircraft, fairly close to scale. (But not sure just how big that UFO sphere is yet though.) Need to add more scenery, etc. Definitely some adjustments are needed. But it could be a starting point for making an animation based on the data.

drive.google.com...

Thanks. I'll download that blender file now. Hopefully it will be useful once we start combining data from the spreadsheet with an animation.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

After hosting some friends on holiday I would be very grateful if I could help out with the boring (as the camera data work has been referred to), given that my field of expertise is absolutely not video but rather language, more specifically English and Spanish, none of which seem relevant to the task at hand.
My friends are leaving just after the bank holiday, if anything is required I offer my services, for what they may be worth.
Thank you for your tireless work.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: pauljs75

drive.google.com...

For those curious, I'll just embed below a screenshot of the 3D model you've created of the aircraft.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
When it split into two it was clear, at least to me, that this was not an ordinary object being carried by the wind, or a drone. This is one of the clearest videos taken from a military grade camera that i've seen. Great FPS and lots of data and frames. I don't need to analyze it in order to form a good opinion though.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor

originally posted by: chunder
An anomalous event, some hard data, a detailed report and now peer review

'Peer review' ?
If you think this is peer review then you are sadly mistaken.
Lol.

One of us is sadly mistaken that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So far, the gubment hasn't released stuff thats real, just stuff that can't be determined, right? Or they get found out and have 'no comment'?

But this is labeled 'DHS release' giving it more credence because, 'tis the gubmnet…

From that alone, I know it belongs in the can't be determined, endless argument category.

Its a bluuuuurd…

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
That's great, go to the original thread then to debate it. This thread is about gathering the data from the video and turning it into and animation.

a reply to: smarterthanyou

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Update on progress with Challenge 1 (i.e. completing the spreadsheet of data extracted from the displays in the video):

Columns A to H : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column I : High priority - Incomplete
Columns J to Q : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column R : Medium priority - Incomplete
Columns S to T : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Columns U to W : Unnecessary / low priority. (Analogue displays)
Columns X to Y : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column Z : Unnecessary / low priority. (Analogue displays)
Columns AA to AC : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column AD : High priority - In progress - Excallibacca
Columns AE to AG : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column AH : High priority - In progress - Raymundoko
Column AI : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column AJ to AN : Medium priority - Incomplete
Columns AO to AT : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column AU : High priority - Incomplete
Columns AV to AX : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES
Column AY : High priority - Incomplete
Column AX : COMPLETED FOR ALL 70727 FRAMES

Current draft of Excel spreadsheet (as posted in OP) :
prrr.isaackoi.com...

(I'll assign myself some more columns to complete shortly...).
edit on 28-8-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Having watched every UFO video I could get my hands on for 50 years I do find this one very interesting. Initial size and speed seemed to indicate a bird until it gets close the ground but keeps it's speed without slowing down. Going in and out of the surf is another amazing detail as there are a few birds that can do that but not come out of the water at the same speed they entered.

This is genuinely baffling and to me is another indicator that either we're not alone or that science is advanced far beyond what most deem credible. As usual, your write up and analysis are superb and add real substance to a field far too often written off to the lunatic fringe. Well done!
edit on 28-8-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Thank you for anther tremendous thread! I would like to help
with the boring stuff after the weekend if you still need it.

You always put SO much effort & class into all your threads
so it would be me way of giving back.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Indigo5

Because a 161 page report came out and was gobbled up by the UFO community, but it was chalk full of errors, many of which ruled out a balloon or bird only due to the erroneous assumptions and shoddy investigative work done in the report.

This peer review will either confirm that report, or show the errors.

I have not seen the 161 report, but speaking in generalities..

One of my frustrations with the "UFO Community" is that many (not all) start with an emotional premise of "wanting" it to be a UFO and then proceed to make a case for the same vs. objectively analyzing the data and evidence. The same "investigators" often ignore evidence and data contrary to their agenda of supporting the UFO claim.

I use the word "frustration" because this approach muddies the waters and makes it difficult for people to come to objective conclusions.

Personally I believe it is "possible" that extra-terrestrial life has visited or researched life on earth. Sloppy UFO investigators and investigators that begin with an agenda of proving some evidence is extra-terrestrial make it very, very difficult to slice out genuinely unexplainable phenomena and they also discredit the UFO community at large.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I'll complete column AU. Will wait for your confirmation to begin.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ektar
I would like to help with the boring stuff after the weekend if you still need it.
Ektar

That would be great Ektar.

With you and Jonjonj joining in on the boring part after the weekend, I think the spreadsheet (i.e. Challenge 1) be completed within the next few days.

Then we can focus on animation/calculations using the spreadsheet (i.e. moving on to Challenge 2).

I'm particularly interested in using After Effects (since I'm getting familiar with it) and I understand that there are scripts that can link spreadsheet data to variables - e.g. position and rotation.

I know that one of the other members of PRRR, Lance Moody (someone that has, to put it mildly, a lot more knowledge of animation than me...) is trying out a Cinema4D plugin.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
I'll complete column AU. Will wait for your confirmation to begin.

Great. Confirmed.

Current volunteer list:

Column AD : High priority - In progress - Excallibacca
Column AH : High priority - In progress - Raymundoko
Column AU : High priority - In progress - Kkrattiger

edit on 28-8-2015 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Please take a look at AU Section for Frames 60 61 & 62. 61 being 02. This is seconds in Longitude (correct me if I'm wrong). It goes from 08 to 02 to 07. 7's can look like 2's but that is not the case here... Unless my eyes are playin tricks on me.

edit: HOLD ON LET ME GET THE FILE LINKS
edit on 28-8-2015 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

edit: OK HERE THEY ARE

LATITUDE NOT LONGITUDE!
edit on 28-8-2015 by kkrattiger because: Lar

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals Going in and out of the surf is another amazing detail as there are a few birds that can do that but not come out of the water at the same speed they entered.

Parts of the video appear to show the object with clouds or fog obfuscating the view between the camera and the object.

I see the part where it appears the object enters and exits the water at a high speed...something that a bird could not do as they require a stop, recover and launch etc.

Things might contribute to this appearing this way is low-level fog on the water and a low-detail camera system that is black and white and biased to adjust for contrast. It's possible the object is just obscured by fog just above the water, or skipping on the water, but does not enter the water. It does look like it disappears into the water...which could be illusion with B&W camera and fog..or it could have gotten caught by a wave when it's altitude dropped sufficiently.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join