It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather-The biggest conspiracy and biggest irony!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The worlds focus since 9-11 has been protection from terrorism. Governments have spent millions implementing new security measures, improving border and airline safety, homeland security departments, sattelite and tracking systems, and other varied internal measures.

Isn't it ironic that none of these matter in the face of Mother Natures. wrath? None of these make any difference when it come to the world's greatest foe. There is little or no warning before these tornado's, hurricanes, volcanoes, earthquakes, and tsunami's, we cannot stop or even protect ourselves from these.

If you are believer in God-I would say that this is his way of keeping us humble. Nothing brings us down to earth faster or make us appreciate our lives more than these "little" messages from nature!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
The worlds focus since 9-11 has been protection from terrorism...

(snip)

...Isn't it ironic that none of these matter in the face of Mother Natures. wrath?

No, not really.

Irony is an incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs. So for instance, protecting the world from terrorism, onlly to end up instituting a terrorist state would be considered irony. Or, another example of irony would be billions of dollars spent to secure airplanes against terrorist attacks, and it turns out that the systems put in place actually make it easier to hijack a plane.

Mother Nature slapping us around like an angry parent is simply something to be weathered (pun intended) until we can find ways to prevent it.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Irony-The opposite from what is expected.(Websters)

I made a correlation between trying to protect ourselves, in this case from terrorism, the irony comes in where we were blindsided from something else, weather.
We expected protection for and from ourselves, and with weather at this point in time there is no real protection.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, semantics aside, the point is that, yeah, it's odd that the weather is suddenly getting so strange, and that it still kills lots of people, but unless there are Powers That Be controlling it then there's not a lot we can do about it until the technology exists to control it.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Well, semantics aside, the point is that, yeah, it's odd that the weather is suddenly getting so strange, and that it still kills lots of people, but unless there are Powers That Be controlling it then there's not a lot we can do about it until the technology exists to control it.

Let me guess, you're refering to those Nordic Vampires from Atlantis right?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There is nothing strange about the weather.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I was just going to point out the same thing as Howard...

There is nothing weird about the weather really. We had a strong season of hurricanes, but given the recent climatic shifts (no I'm *not* opening this up for a debate as to the cause, there's enough threads on that), it was not unexpected.

It only seems that way because when a hurricane hits anywhere other than the US most Americans never hear about it, not care about it.

Then you have a Tsunami. Not weather related at all. That's basic geo-physics stuff. More likely than not to happen. The only surprise there was the timing and the only reason it's a surprise is we know even less about techtonics than we do weather.

Osiris

top topics

join