It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Whispers Rant - **spoilers**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I rarely watch television...so when I do, it's intended to be a special time I share with my husband. We only pick a small handful of shows to share together. This season The Whispers was one of those chosen. The show started off with a great premise. Interesting... Unique. However, it started to slide into the realm of incredulity about mid-season. After last night's episode, I'm so annoyed by how ridiculous the storyline has become that I don't even want to bother with it anymore.

The writing for the show has gotten so sloppy and half-baked. I think my 10 yr old daughter could do a better job. Here are some of the points about last night's episode alone that hit my bull# meter:

• Minx pushes the little girl and no one stops to ask her why?
  • No one bothers to scan Minx with a thermal imaging camera to see if she is really possessed? Or run any other kind of tests on her for confirmation?
  • A young child is about to be murdered by a huge laser and neither the child or her father insist she prove her innocence? Instead she's allowed to be snotty and catty in her responses which could have saved her life?
  • They have electricity in this super secure building imprisoning the children but no video surveillance?
  • They want us to believe that a child who has been imprisoned in this building for at least a few days (minimum) would 'get lost looking for the bathroom?'
  • Armed military guards can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn
  • Everyone seems to accept the 20 year old (or more) memories of a man who was 8 years old when he 'unscientifically' made a determination about his brother's possession by an alien being and no one stops to ask if that is what really happened or how to reverse it?
  • An FBI Special Agent tells the Secret Service that the President is in danger (but fails to mention assassination) and they look at her skeptically and say "step back, ma'am"?
  • They want us to believe that the Secretary of Defense who has had many dialogues with the President directly about this matter doesn't know the President's & his family's secret code names?

I'm sure if I had more time, I could come up with a dozen more things that are beyond STUPID. Honestly, I expected more from Steven Spielberg....

edit on 25-8-2015 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
cause tv show

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: noxxen
cause tv show

That's no excuse for sloppy writing and ruining what could have been a perfectly good storyline.

As I said, I expected better from Spielberg

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

*Sigh*, Gypsy Gypsy Gypsy, do me a favor pop in the pilot of the Walking Dead not the other show Fear the Walking Dead which is OK but the Walking Dead (just watch the first episode) and then i will see you back here in five to six weeks after you have watched every episode and season, i told you before it's the best show on TV, you like game of thrones, this is better, the premise is the same in terms of you never know who's going to die from episode to episode, just like Thrones they kill off major characters....

This way you can take your anger for this show and watch something good...

I digress...

edit on 25-8-2015 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Spielberg has had the same issues plaguing his other series "Falling Skies". I agree. I would have expected a little better from Spielberg, but I will give him kudos for coming up with a couple of really good story lines. He just needs better oversight in the writing dept. Falling Skies has run 5 seasons though, and ends this coming Sunday. The Whispers looks like it may not last past the first season.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Never watched Falling Skies but I've thought about it. Thanks for saving me time I can't get back...

I'll be shocked if the Whispers gets renewed

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: King Seesar

My husband and son watch the Walking Dead. I don't unless I happen to be working on my laptop in the living room while it is on.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Try watching it, starting with the first episode, just start, my guess is you will run threw the series, pretty fast...

top topics

join