It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keyboard and Cursor Loss on YouTube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Recently I have run into the problem of loss of keyboard function when commenting YouTube videos. Yesterday I commented several videos and then suddenly my keyboard would no longer function in the comments section. My comments were completely routine sorts of things on a number of video contextual subjects. When I closed the browser and re-opened it, I got the keyboard back and it did then function normally in the comments. Still, I thought it was odd for that to happen.

Today, doing the same sort of thing in YouTube comments, I lost cursor function, with the cursor migrating to the top right corner of the screen. I could agitate it by moving the mouse but it would not come down from its perch. This happened twice and I could only correct it by restarting the computer.

I had about 11 tabs open in the browser, Opera 31.0, at the time.

My computer is a PC (Lenovo desktop, 3.3 ghz. Intel Core i3-2120 processor, 6 GB RAM) running the recent Windows 10 (Home Premium) upgrade.

All help appreciated, as always.
edit on 25-8-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

11 open tabs? If it never happened before....well....close a couple.

P's my It guy said years ago....no more than like 6, or else can get globbed in the cookie dough.
edit on 25-8-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I think you are right about this. I have closed some of the tabs. I've noticed in the past that having tabs open from the site noteflight.com, a music notation and composition site, will cause browser problems in YouTube, so that might be the culprit. YouTube is really the only site I have noticed this happening to.

Thanks.

Losing the cursor, though, was weird. That's never happened before.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

Its happened to me on a couple of occasions. I think if you open certain pages and get pop-ups, something on that page or pop-up can takeover your Mouse control until you close the browser!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It sounds like a simple Opera bug that you should probably report to the software makers. Or it could be a windows bug too.

Does it happen just in Opera?

[SNIP]
edit on 8/9/15 by argentus because: removed personal information

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Interactive pages like noteflight sometimes issue prompts to save etc. It might be cause by that. Restarting the browser seems to be the answer.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OrgoneWarrior

I am just using Opera, so yes, just in Opera. It is not a frequent occurrence and might just be related to the number of tabs I had open. I'm going to let it go for now, unless it becomes a chronic thing. Losing the cursor was odd for me, hence this thread.
edit on 26-8-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join