It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaked figure "dropping" meat. Sinister or prank?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
That would freak me out!!

Wasn't there another story like this going about a few months ago? Some lady showing up in towns dressed in a cloak?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

As to it (the photo) being faked, I just can't imagine why. It would be a simple matter to have an actual person in an actual cloak. It's not like it is a UFO or something. It looks totally legit to me.

I tend to concur...someone mentioned a statue or something but there is muscle definition that even really well-made mannequins don't have, in the first shot. Then the second one shows defined bone structure in the wrist area that isn't typical of sculptures. The face looks odd, but then again standing outside wearing a cloak in the middle of the summer with a hunk of raw meat is pretty odd too, so it could be just makeup or someone with an atypical facial structure.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Someone goes out in public wearing a burqa and a whole town looses their mind.

That almost made me aspirate a gummy bear. I barely survived.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I had a meeting with hr last week over something similar last week.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I say get rid of the or. It's a sinister prank, or could be. If the person is psychotic their idea of a prank may go far into the sinister category for the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The cloak is kinda weird . But to catch a runaway dog dropping bits of meat near where it ran away can entice it to show its self.

and

Some people will return to nature gifts they have received like giving bowls of food to a budda statue . Giving it to the wild animals is giving thanks to< insert your deity here.> A relative would never harvest all the good fruit always left a few choice ones for the wild life and after a hunt would leave a few choice pieces as thanks and return to nature some of your bounty. Every holiday meal all dogs got a bit of every thing served and another plate was left at the edge of the woods for nature to join in away of giving thanks to nature for what was taken.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sinister? Seems pretty harmless.

The person who managed to get pictures uploaded them to... reddit? Isn't that like.. 4 chan? So many cess pools of brain damaged children all over the internet it's hard to keep track of them all. Regardless, these people pull pranks.. 'for the lulz' because they have nothing better to do.

It also seems like it would be extremely easy to find out who the person is if he's doing this at an apartment complex. So simple that it's obviously a stupid prank....

Step one: Walk outside.
Step two: Walk to the person in the cape.
Step three: ta da!

Wow, pretty difficult.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
North Carolina is a weird place, sometimes. It's very staid, in an eerie sort of way.

As for this? Probably some kind of prank. Best to just apply Occam's razor.

The truly weird stuff does not get published on the Internet.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

In my previous town, people used to do this. They would poison meat and then drop it along the areas people liked to walk their dogs. A whole bunch of peoples pets got sick, and those were the lucky ones... the majority of them died. They never did catch the people that were doing it either.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

In my previous town, people used to do this. They would poison meat and then drop it along the areas people liked to walk their dogs. A whole bunch of peoples pets got sick, and those were the lucky ones... the majority of them died. They never did catch the people that were doing it either.

That's certainly a possibility, but why wear the black cloak in this case? Leads me to believe someone just wants the attention.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Broad daylight, in public. Walk up, ask them what they are doing. It looks like this is on someones private property, walk up and take a photo of them that is not behind your blinds.

This sounds like a prank, and I think the person who took this photo knows the person.

IF you were really worried, call the cops the next time they are in your yard "there is someone on my property who is wearing a cloak in an attempt to conceal themselves I feel my safety is at risk."

Bam, at the very least a legit police report about some twat looking for attention.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Tough times? Maybe Death is taking a second job as a meat fairy?

Meat Fairy.. I just spat non existent coffee all over my keyboard.

I love how that just rolls off the tongue
meat fairy... meat... fairy.... meatfairy... meat. fairy...

meat FAAAAAIRY.... ahha love it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hijinx

I agree. If you take the time to take a picture, why not confront them to begin with. Although, being a single mom, I am not sure if I would dare venture outside to speak to them. There's lot of crazed women in the world that you read about in the news.
There was one not too long ago who stabbed a mom of 5 just because she looked at her weird. Either way, I would be grabbing the phone calling the police. I guess we will hear soon enough if this person made another appearance.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

Is there any significance of such ritual in the Wiccan world (offering meat) ? Or do you think it may actually more on the darker side?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Barbeque...and I wasn't invited...rats.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackmetalmist
Now this is some creepy stuff whether it is a prank or not..

Why didn't the person taking the photographs go and ask her what she was doing? And take a better picture of her?

It looks staged.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join