It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloaked figure "dropping" meat. Sinister or prank?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Now this is some creepy stuff whether it is a prank or not..

An eerie cloaked figure has reportedly invaded the small city of Gastonia, NC. Although some local citizens see the masquerade as a disturbing joke, others are very concerned because this unknown person is doing a bit more than just making random appearances. According to New York Daily News, the “cloaked figure” has also created a form of a trademark, allegedly leaving raw meat around a local playground. Disturbing photos of the veiled person have also surfaced online, but no one has a clue who this man or woman may be.

According to WGHP News, the latest mysterious photo, which only shows the person’s arm, was taken near the city’s Hudson Creek apartment complex and uploaded to Reddit. A local resident was able to snap the photo of the cloaked figure from inside a window but, unfortunately, the person still cannot be identified.

However, there’s one clue that leads many to believe the same person is behind it all. Apparently, raw meat has also been found around the apartment complex. One local resident recently reported finding a whole bag of raw meat at a nearby playground. Needless to say, many residents fear for the safety of their families and find the person’s attire quite disconcerting.

I think the most disturbing part of what is happening is that it is taking place in a children's playground. Makes you wonder if someone is out to do some harm and eventually planning on performing some sort of evil ritual. Any idea of what may be going on?

I hope that they catch this person before something else happens. Or the residents could at least form some type of community watch program and confront this person next time he shows up.

www.inquisitr.com...

edit on 23-8-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2015 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I would have the meat tested. I would want to rule out any attempt at poisoning or drugging animals for some kind of ritualistic use (given the cloak). That would make it a criminal act worthy of more attention. Otherwise chalk it up to weird.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Tough times? Maybe Death is taking a second job as a meat fairy?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: blackmetalmist

Honestly, the "inky darkness" of the robes...and then the highlight of the background along the edge of the back of it's head and neck....

I think the photo is faked.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I noticed something on the second picture. It looks like the figure is either standing on tippy toes or floating.
There's something transparent about the cloak. So I see what you mean

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This made me LOL from the article:

CAN'T A CLOAKED FIGURE JUST DROP RAW MEAT AT A PLAYGROUND IN GASTON COUNTY WITHOUT BEING HARASSED BY THE GOTCHA-MEDIA?!

— Cates Holderness (@catesish) August 17, 2015

Looks like a witch. Everyone should go purchase new torches and pitch forks.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Honestly, the "inky darkness" of the robes...and then the highlight of the background along the edge of the back of it's head and neck....

I think the photo is faked.

The stark whiteness of the hand and face can't be natural. The face must be a mask for that is a very ugly female.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The hand , face and meat are not real , the hand looks like something out of Scooby Doo.
The figure may also be fake or a garden statue perhaps.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

We look nothing like that, actually. Nor would we be dropping raw meat at a playground. It is probably just a sick prank that is escalating because it is being publicized.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

I was thinking that the raw meat would attract wild animals to the playground making it a regular food stop for them. This could result in a child getting attacked and may be the intended result.

The pictures kind of have a staged look to them. I guess it's because the cloaked person is just standing there. If they were in my backyard I would definitely be asking what they are doing before I took a picture.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

We look nothing like that, actually. Nor would we be dropping raw meat at a playground. It is probably just a sick prank that is escalating because it is being publicized.

I was being sarcastic about the misunderstanding and persecution of perceived witches throughout history hence my torch and pitch fork reference.

It's apparently not gone well.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I was being sarcastic about the misunderstanding and persecution of perceived witches throughout history hence my torch and pitch fork reference.

My apologies...I did not register the sarcasm. I guess it's because I have had so many people seriously think things like that about us, due to lack of knowledge. I have actually had three separate people ask me, quite seriously, if I really fly around on a broom, and one ask me if I could change her ex's new girlfriend into a frog. And I am not even kidding.

It occurred to me however, in light of your post, that this figure could in fact be suspected to be a Witch and if people panic enough about it, that sort of thing could result in an actual Witch hunt. Someone else mentioned the raw meat as possibly being part of an "evil ritual", so that concerned me.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

This is merely the implementation of a new government program an effort to fight hunger.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

CAN'T A CLOAKED FIGURE JUST DROP RAW MEAT AT A PLAYGROUND IN GASTON COUNTY WITHOUT BEING HARASSED BY THE GOTCHA-MEDIA?!

Only if she weighs the same as a duck.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Someone goes out in public wearing a burqa and a whole town looses their mind.
Real cosmopolitan down in them parts.

Seriously, I think it's some kid trying to freak people out a bit.
Looks like they're succeeding.
Satanist wannabe still looking for a church mb?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Only if she weighs the same as a duck.

"but she turned me in to a newt"
"a newt?"
..."I got better"

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
As to it (the photo) being faked, I just can't imagine why. It would be a simple matter to have an actual person in an actual cloak. It's not like it is a UFO or something. It looks totally legit to me.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Scottish Widows viral marketing campaign.

Other Brits will know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

My apologies...I did not register the sarcasm. I guess it's because I have had so many people seriously think things like that about us, due to lack of knowledge. I have actually had three separate people ask me, quite seriously, if I really fly around on a broom, and one ask me if I could change her ex's new girlfriend into a frog. And I am not even kidding.

It occurred to me however, in light of your post, that this figure could in fact be suspected to be a Witch and if people panic enough about it, that sort of thing could result in an actual Witch hunt. Someone else mentioned the raw meat as possibly being part of an "evil ritual", so that concerned me.

It's all good. I'm usually better at sarcasm, but it's been a long day at work and I am tired.

You're absolutely right though and it's kinda what I was hinting at is people trying to witch hunt because it's not clear what is going on here and the oddness of it, combined with the overly stereotypical, commercialized image of witches usually wearing black cloaks and such. I have acquaintances that consider themselves to be witches and trust me, folks are a lot safer around them than enthusiastic religious types.

It doesn't bode well for the cloaked mystery person either that this is happening on the edge of the bible belt.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's all good. I'm usually better at sarcasm, but it's been a long day at work and I am tired.

You're absolutely right though and it's kinda what I was hinting at is people trying to witch hunt because it's not clear what is going on here and the oddness of it, combined with the overly stereotypical, commercialized image of witches usually wearing black cloaks and such. I have acquaintances that consider themselves to be witches and trust me, folks are a lot safer around them than enthusiastic religious types.

It doesn't bode well for the cloaked mystery person either that this is happening on the edge of the bible belt.

I know about tired...I'm pulling a ten day stretch at work and I'm surprised I can even remember my own name at this point.

It's entirely possible that the person perpetrating this weirdness is deliberately trying to make people think it is a Witch...I can't really imagine why else they would choose that particular type of cloak otherwise. Unless they're going for the "satanic" angle...I guess that could explain the raw meat. Whoever they are, they definitely know that they're going to cause a ruckus in this particular location, you are spot on about that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join