It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some animals just taste too good not to eat...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Some animals just taste too good not to eat. Some animals, the thought absolutely repulses me.

I love the moo of a cow, I love a good steak, too!

Babe the pig was just so cute, but the smell of bacon is just too hard to resist, making that point moot. Sausage with biscuits and gravy, enough said.

Finding Nemo was a heartwarming feel good story, it doesn't mean I won't eat a fried catfish. And who doesn't enjoy a nice plump salmon fillet, blackened with capers and wild rice?

No. Everything does not taste like chicken, at least I hope not, at least not everything that I have eaten, baked, bbq or fried chicken is heavenly cooked right.

Mary had a little lamb and she was tasty, too. Oh so cute, but veal parm or lamb chops renders that cuteness ineffective.

Beef, pork, fish, lamb and chicken are the only meats I can bring myself to eat.

Mind you, even some parts of these animals would find a hard time making their way to my mouth, at least knowingly.

Cow tongue, yuck. Pig feet, phooey. Liver, never. Caviar, not a chance. Chicken gizards, don't think so.

The list of animals that would never grace my pallet is far to long for me to list, but I will give a short glance, my top 10 if you will:

1) Cats
2) Dogs
3) Horses
4) Dolphins
5) Elephants
6) Giraffes
7) Alligators
8) Monkeys
9) Snakes
10) Humans

My reasons for not eating these vary from the just no way to the never would I be hungry enough to the thought never occurred.
I could be on an island or a mountain or in the desert, starving and on my last breath and I still could not bring myself to eat any of the listed above and then some.

I would eat tree bark, or berries, even sand as a last resort, but there are are just certain animals I just could not, would not, never ever eat.

Oh sure, I say that now, but what would I really do if that ever happened and I had to make a life or death decision? I hope I never have to answer that question in real time under such dire circumstances, but my feelings about that are fairly strong, I would rather starve and make a spiritual journey onward.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

So, what about turkey? Bison is heavenly. We just had a celebratory meal with green chile, bacon, cheese bison-burgers (with onion and garlic mixed in). My mouth waters thinking of it.

I like to try game meat, but nothing beats bison for me. And it's very lean! Of course, when you add bacon...

I love your format. LOL!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I'll kill and eat any animal if I'm hungry enough, that includes primates.
I don't understand how you can consider some worth killing yet others not.
It all seems a bit hypocritical to me but hey, enjoy your tree bark in a sustained famine situation lol.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Beef, pork, fish, lamb and chicken are the only meats I can bring myself to eat.

Then you're missing out because Lobster is better than all of those combined.

As for your top ten list...

I'd eat all of those except Monkey, as they carry a myriad of awful diseases.
edit on 23-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'd also add that I've probably eaten Cat and Pigeon...

But I more sure about the Cat because round here the "Missing Cat" signs get torn down pretty swift and the local Chinese takeaway's Chicken doesn't taste like Chicken at all.

So it's either Pigeon or those missing Cats.

edit on 23-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Why do I always spell Pigeon with a D?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I've knowingly eaten dog in Asia, along with deep fried tarantulas and bats.
I eat animals so that's the end of the story, if a living thing is not my species and I'm hungry enough I don't discriminate.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

My reasons for not eating these vary from the just no way to the never would I be hungry enough to the thought never occurred.

You say that from the comfort of being regularly fed and never starving.

Reminds me of that part in Hombre, with Paul Newman:

Audra Favor: I can't imagine eating a dog and not thinking anything of it.

John Russell: You even been hungry, lady? Not just ready for supper. Hungry enough so that your belly swells?

Audra Favor: I wouldn't care how hungry I got. I know I wouldn't eat one of those camp dogs.

John Russell: You'd eat it. You'd fight for the bones, too.

Soul power, you'd eat almost anything you say you wouldn't if you were starving. Not just "ready for dinner," but truly starving. I'll bet on it.

By the way, veal is cow, not lamb. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

And yes, bacon sure is a fine animal to eat.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yeah I'd do the same I don't get the soppy narrative of the PETA advocates etc

If I'm hungry I'll eat it.
That goes for humans in a SHTF scenario as well.

In fact I'd eat a human I don't know or like before my own dog...
He could share it with me.

It's the least he deserves if he helps me hunt.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
You say that from the comfort of being regularly fed and never starving.
Yep, easy to say it while not experiencing sustained famine conditions.
I don't believe anyone who makes such statements, blue sky BS thinking with a full belly sat in front of a keyboard.
These threads appear periodically, and I don't believe any of them.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

1) Cats: Never
2) Dogs: Never
3) Horses: hmmm ok, never
4) Dolphins: In my tuna
5) Elephants: None in Canada
6) Giraffes: Too fast
7) Alligators: I have
8) Monkeys: Gad NO! The face...The face!!!!!!
9) Snakes: I have
10) Humans: Some say it is like pork and...waitaminute...NO!

You forgot insects. And what about the seafood?

In times of extreme starvation we humans have eaten anything and everything. Yes Even FIDO, Mr. Whiskas and Uncle Paulie.

Jude

edit on 23-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Agreed, true starvation will destroy any emotive righteous ideas of altruism.
It sounds warm and wooly but I don't buy it, the will to survive is strong when one is desperately starving.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I would try cat or dog if I were in a country that served it. Though, I used to live near Garden City, MI, which is somewhat famous for having a Chinese restaurant named Kitty's. We used to go there often, maybe three times a month. So who knows what I've eaten?

They changed the marquee a few years ago, but retained the name.

Horse is on my list of meat to try. And I assume I've had a smidgen of dolphin in my tuna. Though i don't think I could bring myself to try elephant, giraffe, or monkeys.

Alligator I've had, and I would assume snake tastes a bit alike. I wasn't too impressed with it. I had it at a couple different diners in Florida, as well as one in Michigan. It tasted about the same each place, so I assume it was cooked right.

The issue with humans is waiting for them to die before eating them. Really, you need to go for the healthiest looking one. Otherwise you can get quite ill. Or so I've been told.

I've also had deer, kangaroo (tastes like deer), yak, ostrich, emu (tastes like ostrich), elk, goat, bison, rabbit, and I'm sure others I can't think of right now.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Horse is a lot like beef if the lasagnes our British supermarkets were selling during HorsemeatGate were anything to go by.

Alligator and snake are intriguing...
But your summary leaves me wanting more...
My mouth was watering until you said it didn't live up to ideals.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You haven't had meat until you've had moose. Damn, that's tasty meat.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Gator tastes great. So do frog legs. Bison, caribou, moose, and deer are tasty. Rabbit and squirrel are good, too. Bear is delicious. Also, ostrich and kangaroo are awesome.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You don't like lengua? Really? It's so good and so tender and so ... beefy! And there are some kinds of liver that are really good. I love monkfish liver, and one or two chicken livers in a stock really add some nice earthiness to the broth; I could say the same for gizzards. And fish roe is awesome ... little globes of fishy, eggy, salty goodness that role around and explode in your mouth. Those are wonderful. I like salmon roe the best. I haven't done trotters, but I do like a good hog maw (pig tripe for those of you who don't know). Buche (same thing) is sort of chewy, kind of crunchy and so very, very porky on a taco.

Nah, sometimes the very best stuff is the stuff everyone else turns their nose up at.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

Gator tastes great. So do frog legs. Bison, caribou, moose, and deer are tasty. Rabbit and squirrel are good, too. Bear is delicious. Also, ostrich and kangaroo are awesome.

Gator is aweseome! So is conch. I've had it both chicken fried and as sushi - excellent both ways. Scallop is another one that's really good and tastes really different when presented in different ways.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like scallop but have never had conch, as far as I know. I could have eaten it and didn't know it was conch.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Alligator and snake both taste like chicken... Other than those, I agree with your list.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Agreed, true starvation will destroy any emotive righteous ideas of altruism.
It sounds warm and wooly but I don't buy it, the will to survive is strong when one is desperately starving.

I remember watching the vegetarian on Survivor ... yeah, that was fun.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join