It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show Him a Little Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
God loves you.

That trite but apropos statement has been repeated so oft in so many ways that long ago it grew cliche.

Type it into google and you get almost eighty-two million results. Drive around long enough and you'll invariably find it staring back at you from the bumper of some car in traffic.

But although that simple verse has grown insufferably rote and culturally blase, it's completely and utterly accurate.

It's wholly and unquestionably true.

God loves you--and prove of that subsides in the very fact that you exist.

Now--for a moment leave aside questions of whether God exists, and walk with me under the auspices of assumption.

Imagine there is a Creator of omnipotent power. Envision a force beyond the strength of anything you've ever known.

Then pretend for an instant you can conceptualize the idea of omnipotence--because omnipotence is a tricky thing.

Omnipotence means God understood exactly how this whole show would proceed before it even started.

It means he could see the end of time even before He brought this reality into existence.

Does that vitiate free will? Of course not--at any moment in time you're completely able to pursue any course of action you desire.

But He still knows what you desire in advance. Thus completely He grasps the choices you'll make and the paths you'll pursue.

Ignore for a moment any paradoxes that seems imply. Remain with me here within willing suspension of disbelief.

For this diatribe is going somewhere--and we're heading towards a place important.

God is omnipotent and God is almighty. And that means before you even came into being, He already knew how often you'd mess up.

Long before creating you, He understood you'd commit mistakes and crimes and errors and sins.

He knew you wouldn't be perfect right away--quite obviously He never expected you to be. He knew you'd hurt people through accident and negligence and even sometimes by malicious intent.

Yet still He gave you this opportunity. Still He brought you into existence.

That's the very definition of selfless love--that's unequivocal proof He wants YOU to exist.

And it gets even better.

Because He also created for you this wonderful multidimensional playground--rife with realms material and energetic, full of planets and planes to explore. Here you can express yourself in infinite ways within an endless assortment of realms.

Here you can enjoy this amazing garden environment where we can all meet and grow together. Here you can ride a bike and fly and plane and meet your spouse and hike through jungles and canyons and forests and streams.

All that you can accomplish in a single life--and you get an endless number of lives at your disposal.

And throughout all that time God takes a hands-off approach towards your fun. He lets you learn and play and have fun and explore.

Think of how maddeningly it'd be having God constantly interject wisdom into your life. Think how infuriating it would become at times.

Because, you know, omnipotence means He's never wrong.

But He remains the silent referee in this existential game. He plays the role of that time-traveling savant who never steps in with spoiler alerts that'd ruin the show or spoil your experience.

Even when He knows better He doesn't interject needlessly into your existence. Even when He sees you about to make a mistake He never steps in and vitiates your free will.

(But He could, you know--anytime He wanted. There's omnipotence rearing up again.)

Yet no matter what, He lets you remain sovereign over yourself.

And that's the definition of love times a trillion.

Now think it through. Ponder it deep.

So far He's given you an existence and a playground and an infinite number of lives to learn and life and laugh and grow. He's done nothing but show you love by offering you all those things and more.

How about showing Him a little love in return?

Because, you know, God loves you.

We've already proven that. And He's already shown it in infinite ways.

But how often do you say it back?

How about taking five simple seconds and offering thanks for all He's given and done and bestowed upon you.

Or, if you don't feel like taking the time, how about you just show your appreciation by living the best life possible.

March forward until you reach your every goal. Ascend eternally until you achieve your every dream.

You can do it, you know--nothing is stopping you or holding you back from living your personal conception of an apex life.

You have an eternal existence, endless lives, infinite worlds, and the incredible benefit of uncompromised free will.

Those things are enough to let you accomplish anything and everything you desire.

And the simple fact that those gifts are yours should let you know how much He cares.

Now really--how about showing Him a little love?

Because He shows you a lot every day.

And proof of that you can find staring back at you in any mirror.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the commercial.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

That was lovely. Sometimes we get so lost in our stuff that we forget where it all comes from.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: baggy798

God is the greatest salesman in the universe.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

God is the greatest salesman in the universe.

Because he lets you try out the product forever without making you put down a deposit in advance?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You're welcome!

Have a great weekend!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

That was lovely. Sometimes we get so lost in our stuff that we forget where it all comes from.

Thanks.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

I get lost in myself and my little world all the time too. Tonight I found myself stepping back and looking at the bigger picture.

You read the silly little result of my musings in the OP.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

originally posted by: chr0naut

Thanks.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

I get lost in myself and my little world all the time too. Tonight I found myself stepping back and looking at the bigger picture.

You read the silly little result of my musings in the OP.

Cheers!

Psalm 46:10

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Because he manages to get so my beautiful angels such as yourself to still come here, inspite of all the bad things going on in the world.

What you said works too

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist

Because he manages to get so my beautiful angels such as yourself to still come here, inspite of all the bad things going on in the world.

What you said works too

Haha, thanks.

But angels volunteer for these roles.

Honestly it gets weird just sitting in heaven enjoying yourself while so many spirits are incarnate and struggling and suffering below. After enough time you wanna hop back down there and lend a hand to keep this whole show going forward on schedule.

And coming into the world also lets you make plenty of new friends that you can help spiritually progress until they too evolve into Celestial Avengers

So it's all a big win-win-win.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

That's what I mean. He sold you the infinite heavenly possibilities that exist here on earth and, and inspire of all the bad tngs that can come with life here, you still volunteered to come here and show others there is more to life than fear and negativity. Infinitely more than they could possibly imagine while still in that state.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
You angels are unfathomable to this world
edit on 21-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
IMO God is more interested in people learning to love, or at least tolerate (probably the best most peeps can do for now) one another better. There really is still so much hate in this world and often over the most ridiculous issues (man-made religions, race, gender issues, etc..). If people could just learn to see past their own prejudices, it would help them SO much, and the rest of us too.

new topics

top topics

join