It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rancho Cordova cop mistakenly shoots at another cop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My wife read this off to me and I figured some of you would take an interest is this story. I guess it was only a matter of time until this happened.

www.news10.net...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

But the officer was in fear for his life!

There was someone else in the stairwell. That is cause to immediately start shooting!

Why would he say "freeze" or "Hey You" when you can just pull out your weapon and shoot whoever it is and scream that I was in fear for my life.

How about "Halt", "Who Goes There", "State your business",

As the story states, there was a "dark figure". Cmon... really.

If I shot at a "dark figure" in an apartment building staircase I would be in jail.

edit on 20-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wait a minute... A guy gets paranoid because he's intoxicated and calls the police to deal with mysterious voices. An officer responds, and he too becomes paranoid, and shoots on someone who has come to help him (after how long, and why?). I wonder if the officer caught a little contact on that call and lost his judgement lol.

Lets be honest, a minor flesh wound would have been very appropriate to the zeitgeist without being too cruel to wish on a public servant.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I must be getting even more jaded these days. I don't even care about this. Elicited a chuckle and I am the first to call people out who laugh at death..

Oh well. That's the world for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
That was funny...

The deputy left the apartment and encountered someone, who he believed was holding a weapon, at the base of the stairwell. He fired one shot at the individual, who turned out to be another uniformed officer responding to the scene.

Read more here: www.sacbee.com...=cpy

Cordova officers need better training me thinks..

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Yea, Rancho was never really a nice place when I grew up in Sac.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Something has to break this "shot first and ask questions later" mentality that is plaguing our nations police departments.

It's like a cancer that keeps getting worse and worse.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Well at least the backup officer had enough sense about him to not return fire.

"Unclear whether administrative action will be necessary." How about some retraining action?

top topics

join