It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from a Paranormal Investigator from sunny England

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Good afternoon!

My name is Cheri, and I'm 23 from the Midlands of England. I'm female if it matters.

I have a normal person job but I also work very hard as a Paranormal Investigator, and Paranormal blogger/vlogger.
My investigations is mostly into Ghosts/Spirits but I am interested in UFO's, Cryptozoology, Myth (such as Faeries, Mermaids, Yeti's) and I'm open to possibilities of other life but what we know.

I also love conspiracies, especially the 9/11 theories and Illuminati/Mass Cults.

Aside from what I am on this forum for, I also like Pro Wrestling, EIHL Ice Hockey, Heavy Metal music, Video Games, Cats (yep, one of those girls) and I'm a recent Vegetarian.

Happy to answer any questions and chat to anyone about similar interests.

I'm looking forward to using the forum as I've always been curious about this kind of thing since I was a kid

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rikora

Welcome to ATS!

Sunny Britain?

Don't hear that a lot lol

I'm sure you will fit right into our community!

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Hi Rikora,

Welcome to ATS from a fellow member.

I was born in the Midlands.

Hope you find lots of interest to you here and look forward to reading your comments and threads.

It can be hard here at times, but the challenges are very character building. So stick it out through thick and thin and never give in.

edit on 20-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I'm female if it matters.

Well yeah.....

Welcome!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

A 20-something unattached female (I'm assuming due to certain clues... like mentioning one's sex, for instance) who's into occult stuff, video games, wrestling, hockey and heavy metal?

That sounds like a fantasy come true for many male weird-geeks wanting to partner with themselves, but sporting a different set of hormones... and such females of our sub-species are rarer than mermaids and fairies. So rare, in fact, I'd wager it's a true fantasy and "she's" a he... or a marketing bot.

So I call hoax.

And a further note... I am kidding. Welcome... and good luck.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ya.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

How did you obtain or fall into the vocation of Paranormal Investigator.. that's very interesting..

Are their schools and programs for this in England? I know that in America there had been trouble with this type of discipline or study..finally I think the Scientific community gave in and there are a couple of schools that do indeed study Paranormal Phenomenon and Activity.

I personally think it's a fascinating line of work to be in, maybe you'll share some of your experiences with us here on ATS--

Oh, and by the way, welcome!

edit on 20-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
We seem to have many interests in common. Welcome!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Welcome

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello and welcome, England here too

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Just curious here but what do you think of "Most Haunted"?

Sorry, meant to say, English here too and welcome!
edit on 2082015 by MrCrow because: Welcome

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

How did you obtain or fall into the vocation of Paranormal Investigator.. that's very interesting..

Are their schools and programs for this in England? I know that in America there had been trouble with this type of discipline or study..finally I think the Scientific community gave in and there are a couple of schools that do indeed study Paranormal Phenomenon and Activity.

I personally think it's a fascinating line of work to be in, maybe you'll share some of your experiences with us here on ATS--

Oh, and by the way, welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

To answer the above question... because England is so small, the network of "Paranormal people" is very easy to navigate. You're pretty much always nearby to a Paranormal group here. We also have such a long-stretching history and oldddddd buildings so we're not short of haunted places or historic sites.

I've loved all things spooky since I was very very young thanks to my mother being a huge goth at heart... so I was raised idolising vampires and watching Ghost documentaries and a show in the UK called "Most Haunted" which basically brought to light the whole Paranormal thing during the late 90's, early 2000's.

We have a branch of Christianity in the UK called "Spiritualism" and most towns/cities have an official Spiritualist Church... mediumship readings, spiritual healing etc... and I always went as a kid and started going again recently.

I went on a TERRIBLE ghost hunt with a money making group near where i'm from and it put me off the whole Paranormal Investigation thing cause I thought everyone was fake.

I eventually decided to reach out to an all female non-profit Paranormal group in my area to see if they could take me on a couple of investigations. I learnt how to use equipment such as Electromagnetic Field readers, EVP Recorders, Night vision and infrared systems etc... really basic stuff. Eventually they disbanded due to family priorities.

I then started paying to go on Ghost Hunts with a group and they ended up trusting me and we all became friends, and they asked me to join them.
I've been a team member for 2 years, I was a guest with them for over a year before that.

I've learn as I've gone along. We don't make any profit as all the money we make from taking guests to haunted places goes straight back on deposits for new places, petrol, equipment and taxes (to have accident insurance we have to be a registered company, therefore pay tax). Any "profit" we make, as I said, goes on equipment sometimes so as we move along we get more stuff. We recently got an SP7 device using energy to communicate words and even sentences.
It's also taught me to learn more about myself, more about energy and parapsychology (i'm very critical and try to find rational reasons for things first) and I've met a lot of awesome people who share similar Spiritual and Pagan beliefs to myself.

I've never heard of a school for the paranormal, other than the one "Ghost Hunters" the US tv show did to find their newest member of the show. Like a reality show thing.

originally posted by: MrCrow

Just curious here but what do you think of "Most Haunted"?

Sorry, meant to say, English here too and welcome!

Hello!

I slightly touched upon MH above but to answer your question properly...

As I've learnt about Paranormal Research and been in many situations with spirits now i'm an adult I know Most Haunted is mostly fake.
Paranormal activity is not that active in terms of knocking and banging and moving things as often, loudly and continuously as they did in that show.

HOWEVER. It was a pioneering show, the UK Paranormal "scene" owes them a lot for peaking so much interest and opening doors to investigators.
edit on 8/205120/1515 by Rikora because: added an extra reply as to not double post

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
So you could say, categorically, that there are ghosts?

Personally, I don't believe, but I'm really interested in those who think they do exist and, more importantly, why.

I'd love to know intricate details of your ghost hunts and what actually happened.

Bright blessings to you.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow
So you could say, categorically, that there are ghosts?

Personally, I don't believe, but I'm really interested in those who think they do exist and, more importantly, why.

I'd love to know intricate details of your ghost hunts and what actually happened.

Bright blessings to you.

From the experiences I have had, yes.

Proving it to people who don't want to believe is never going to happen.

But I've been physically touched (yes at least once was inappropriately by a spirit in a Masonic "Chapel"). I've seen people I know very very well, and trust with my life be terribly affected and seen their faces and voices change to someone I don't know... I've seen what I would describe as a demonic entity (that's a whoooole conversation I won't go into right now), had our equipment affected in ways we can't explain, as well as witnessing general activity you'd expect from ghosts.

I do this for myself, to find answers, and it sort of brings me closer to my mother (who passed 6 years ago) and I like that.
I believe ghosts exist.

I don't think we'll ever be able to prove they do exists unless the world saw ghosts at the same time, and even then people would say "it was a mass government water poisoning" or something haha

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I remember when I had graduated from college when I began to become interested in religious and spiritual literature..I started to do research to learn about spiritual teachings and the like. During that time, I suddenly began to have these peculiar experiences, that ultimately became very dangerous ones. I was being exposed to darkside spiritual manifestation that initially started out as harmless benevolent and welcoming light. I was fooled.

I haven't quite been able to arrive to a complete explanation as to what happened and how it all occurred.

What I am able to surmise though, is that by entering or attempting to enter into "light filled" spiritual knowledge, simply touching on literature about spirituality, can sometimes likewise cause exposure or contamination to the darkside of same. The only way to describe it is this way: One's quest for spiritual knowledge and spiritual evolution can cause some kind of portal to open, and unfortunately, malevolent attachments can then occur. In my case, I was actually in a couple of car accidents as a result of these attachments..but that's something I can maybe talk about later: In a nutshell the attachments caused such severe insomnia night round, that when going on a short or long drive, I by force would fall asleep..easily passing out at the wheel.. I should be surprised to actually still be here..

It's actually sort of absurd, but even say for example even opening a simple bible, can bring you into contact with paranormal bene/malevolent forces; In my opinion the tactic goes something like this: approach as benevolent source, and later change into malevolent one.. that's what I've experienced vis a vis the paranormal..

Ghosts
Voices (sometimes profane ones)
Phantoms

You do want to be careful when treading in some of these zones..it's true we don't know enough about it all..

Be careful then when you conduct your research and investigations..always be prepared!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Welcome aboard!

Be careful on here or you get slapped!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

I remember when I had graduated from college when I began to become interested in religious and spiritual literature..I started to do research to learn about spiritual teachings and the like. During that time, I suddenly began to have these peculiar experiences, that ultimately became very dangerous ones. I was being exposed to darkside spiritual manifestation that initially started out as harmless benevolent and welcoming light. I was fooled.

I haven't quite been able to arrive to a complete explanation as to what happened and how it all occurred.

What I am able to surmise though, is that by entering or attempting to enter into "light filled" spiritual knowledge, simply touching on literature about spirituality, can sometimes likewise cause exposure or contamination to the darkside of same. The only way to describe it is this way: One's quest for spiritual knowledge and spiritual evolution can cause some kind of portal to open, and unfortunately, malevolent attachments can then occur. In my case, I was actually in a couple of car accidents as a result of these attachments..but that's something I can maybe talk about later: In a nutshell the attachments caused such severe insomnia night round, that when going on a short or long drive, I by force would fall asleep..easily passing out at the wheel.. I should be surprised to actually still be here..

It's actually sort of absurd, but even say for example even opening a simple bible, can bring you into contact with paranormal bene/malevolent forces; In my opinion the tactic goes something like this: approach as benevolent source, and later change into malevolent one.. that's what I've experienced vis a vis the paranormal..

Ghosts
Voices (sometimes profane ones)
Phantoms

You do want to be careful when treading in some of these zones..it's true we don't know enough about it all..

Be careful then when you conduct your research and investigations..always be prepared!

Thank you for your concern. I certainly appreciate that.
I have learnt that asking certain questions or looking into things too much can be a bad thing.
I'll explain about one of these when I'm not typing on my phone at gone midnight haha

But I am lucky to have a very professional, strong team who are responsible and take extra care where we go and what we do.
Bad things can happen and I am prepared for that if necessary.
Thank you though

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Hello Rikora! You sound like someone I would get along with. I have a cat and also play video games. That is cool about your interest in the paranormal. That's why I came to ATS today... to find some paranormal story!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm new here too. I just happen to be working on developing a mobile game right now. I have arrangements with a game music company to do a Heavy Metal sound-track for me. Unfortunately, my programming is rusty, and I have no experience in mobile development. Things are moving much more slowly for me than I'd hoped. I hope to release it by the end of this year though. It's a very small game modeled after Galaga.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join