It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Like to Buy Gold - Did You Ever Wonder Where is it Coming From ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I followed this story for a while but never found material good enough in order to make a thread. I think I found it today. Next time you want to buy gold, remember this thread.

At the height of the Peruvian gold rush, Nelida, an Andean woman able to communicate with water spirits, uses her powers to prevent a mining corporation from destroying the body of water she considers her mother.

A gold deposit valued at billions of dollars lies just beneath Nelida’s lakes and leads farmers and Latin America’s biggest gold producer into conflict.

Your gold might be cursed and you didn't know. The Andean people knew it, now you know too.

Nélida is a surprisingly tough woman, who is determined to defend Mother Earth and Mother Water.
Like other indigenous citizens in the Andes, her relationship with nature is sacred and respectful.

Thank you Nelida.

www.daughterofthelake.pe...

More info : www.daughterofthelake.pe...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So, how about we hear how you, the OP, feels about this?

What are your thoughts on it?

Do you believe in "cursed" gold?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
People value gold. It's an interesting shiny metal. It comes from collapsing stars and supernovae. It accumulates in pockets in the ground. Some people sit on top of deposits of it. People have killed and destroyed entire civilizations for it.

It is neither good nor bad. It just is.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Most of the gold that is bought is actually already currency that is in circulation or old currency that is no longer in circulation...

Thats physical gold.

Its not like they are buying gold that gets shipped to them in bars, in fact I think it actually LEGALLY has to be in some form of currency from anywhere in the world, or historical significance in some way to be legal.

i could be wrong on that, but I digress

People who buy gold arent getting it milled and then sent to them, I know because I put 20 percent of my yearly earnings into physical gold
edit on 19-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

She is a very likeable woman...thx for sharing

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

I do. I have Amazon Rainforest blood in my veins, my partner's mother is half Andean too. I don't understand why people want gold. I cried with the video I posted.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Yea, there are three global currency's. Gold, oil, and the American dollar all of which seem cursed to some degree I'm not sure any single group could lay claim to the cursing.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

Its not like they are buying gold that gets shipped to them in bars, in fact I think it actually LEGALLY has to be in some form of currency from anywhere in the world, or historical significance in some way to be legal.

nope. You can get any size bar from 1g to 10kg. .999 pure

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yes I do. Call me morbid - but I read so many stories about the Holocaust and remember how they used to rip people's gold teeth out.

Watch the reality shows about gold miners. The local people dig like unbelievable workhorses into the mud just to get bits of gold flake and then they roll it with mercury which eventually poisons them and the land left behind.

Look at the holes man digs deep into the earth to locate gold and they destroy the land in doing so.

I was at a famous gold bearing river two years ago for a family holiday where you can still pan for gold for fun. You drive along this cliff hugging horrible road and finally get to the site where there are boulders and rocks heaped up in this mountain of just rock and boulders. You have to see it to believe it. It's what was left after the gold prospectors had turned every bit of soil over. It's a really cool place but it stuns the mind as to what man is capable of - and I'm talking back in the 1800's.

Gold is very seductive and it is beautiful. There is too much value placed in it. If I had to do it over again I would not have a gold wedding band. Or a diamond. They are simply materialistic items.

But I do understand how it makes the world go round and how it's a safe metal for security, money wise.

I haven't watched the video yet but I fully plan on it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Explain it to them :

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: eriktheawful

I do. I have Amazon Rainforest blood in my veins, my partner's mother is half Andean too. I don't understand why people want gold. I cried with the video I posted.

Yet my post is totally ignored

People who buy gold arent buying gold from there, the physical gold they buy is in the form of currency or artifacts or other things that are already made

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

YOu do realize that other COUNTRIES in the world actually stock up on gold, and it has nothing to do with people who purchase gold from firms right?

Its the actually governments that use the bullion

Not to mention gold is used inother things besides just currency, youre typing on something right now that has to have gold to operate, and im willing to bet you have one in your pocket

Youre targeting a specific group of people with a false premise

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If you need to use gold for a good reason it's ok. If you buy it just to store it or want your "blink", then you are thirsty of gold. If gold makes you feel secure then you have a problem. Andean People is getting killed for gold.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Not to take away from this message, but if you are buying gold from the US mint (in the form of American Eagles) 100% of the gold was/is mined on American soil. The same applies to the silver in silver eagles. Bear in mind this is not necessarily true for other coins sold by the US Mint, although most of them come from Australian and Canadian sources, there is no guarantee unless it specifies somewhere.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyBravada

Follow me please :

It is a project of Minera Yanacocha, a company mainly owned by Newmont Mining Corporation.

The Company was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925. Headquartered in Colorado,

Well, I can't find where exactly the gold is shipped but Newmont is located in USA, just to give you an idea. Seems like the International Finance Corporation (IFC) has a 5% participation too.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.newmont.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Like the lady said "You can not eat gold - You can not drink gold"
The only value gold has is that which one believes it has

Alas some believe gold is more valuable than Human life
I do not believe those people

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Let me take away the gold you have and ban you from getting more or being around anything with gold in it.

Then we would not have you on this site because your computer would no longer work.

No medical care, no drugs, no power ECT. ECT. ECT.

By the way i am a retired gold miner and gold mine superintendent.
edit on 19-8-2015 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

That was in 2011, you can guess which numbers went up.

Almost 82% of world gold production goes to jewelry, 10% to various branches of industry and 8% to states reserves in bars.

......Translate the rest if you care.

www.diariolaprimeraperu.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Yes gold has it's uses and no one is saying gold should be banned
But if it is at the cost of Human life or the welfare of the Earth as the OPs vid relates
Then in all conscience why not give up the gold you use to adorn your body with
I know I will never buy gold as an adornment again

Also there must be more ethical materials we could use in their place regarding technology and medicines
In other words ... Where there is a will there is a way rather than excuses

top topics

join