It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change expert sentenced to 32 months for fraud

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'll just put this out there.

www.nbcnews.com...

If he lied about working for the CIA to serve his personal greed, who's to say he doesn't lie about his "science" to do the same?

I'm losing trust in the scientific community. It's not what it used to be, that's for sure. Scientists used to CARE about their reputations. Nowadays, it's more about recognition, and money.

What a shame.
edit on 19-8-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

Nowadays, it's more about recognition, and money.

Money is definitely the key word here.

This is an interesting story, thanks for sharing

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Lying is only a "rush" if you lack integrity.

Something tell me that he's not the only 'scientist' of his ilk that gets a rush from lying.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This person being a scumbag fraud has NOTHING to do with human induced climate change.

To say this incident somehow makes one lose faith in the scientific community is just plain STUPID!!!

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Pseudologia Fantastica...

The guy needs help.

But if you'd rather vilify those knowledgable on climate change due to the mental health of only 1 out of thousands and thousands of people, have fun.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
This person being a scumbag fraud has NOTHING to do with human induced climate change.

To say this incident somehow makes one lose faith in the scientific community is just plain STUPID!!!

Did I say it was this one guy? No.

I've been losing faith in them for a LONG time.

And it has everything to do with anthropomorphic climate change. Considering that's what he did for a living! Let's not overlook that inconvenient fact.

"The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change" first line of the article.

It's even worse that he worked for the EPA.
edit on 19-8-2015 by poncho1982 because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

And the deniers will show up in 3...2...1...

This has everything to do with stupidity and greed and has nothing to do with science. Throw the book at him-a message needs to be sent to the rest, 'eff up and you get locked up.'

This issue has me so vexed I want to lock them all up-let them beat sense into each other.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

*So in other words, you do not agree with the idea that humans can cause climate change so you are looking for any excuse to discredit the 'scientists or something like that. At least that is what I can gather by what you have posted so far. *
* my opinion *

The EPA is a good example of an organization that lets the fox guard the hens. Saying because this guy worked for the EPA somehow makes a difference is just ignorance.

.... a leading expert on climate change"

That is merely an opinion, and opinion that is NOT backed by the scientific community.
edit on 19-8-2015 by jrod because: >

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And it has everything to do with anthropomorphic climate change. Considering that's what he did for a living! Let's not overlook that inconvenient fact.

"The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change" first line of the article.

It also said he didn't show up for 18months, so he is hardly a "leading" expert.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

It also said he didn't show up for 18months, so he is hardly a "leading" expert.

Tell that to NBC.

Their words. Not mine.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

A little ridiculous that they would claim this man was a leading climate scientist.

Clearly the OP is biased and while I may not be gentle in my disagreement, I have realized that some will continue to human's role in climate change and then find stories like this to run with and claim it discredits what pretty much all (97%+) of the world's scientists are telling us.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So in other words, you do not agree with the idea that humans can cause climate change so you are looking for any excuse to discredit the 'scientists or something like that. At least that is what I can gather by what you have posted so far.

The EPA is a good example of an organization that lets the fox guard the hens. Saying because this guy worked for the EPA somehow makes a difference is just ignorance.

.... a leading expert on climate change"

That is merely an opinion, and opinion that is NOT backed by the scientific community.

So, after 2 posts, I get it.

I'm ignorant, and stupid.

Thanks!

Wow. You are just a pillar of civility.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yeah, Subway should keep Jared on as spokesman because his paedophilia has nothing to do with sandwiches.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Wow.

I used to respect you as a poster, but never again.

That post was completely out of line.

I find it stupid and ignorant to deny man's role in climate change

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wow.

And I find it stupid and ignorant to speak in absolutes on a subject that is not fully understood yet.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Wow.

Then I guess I'm stupid and ignorant because I'm not buying it. Too many whistle-blowers have come forward stating that data has been falsified.

And people with questionable character making claims does not help at all either.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

What part of human induced climate change is questionable?

Using google earth one can see great changes man has made on this planet. We also have observed changes in the chemistry of the oceans and atmosphere as a result of our activity.

To say we are not causing the climate to change is truly blind.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I think the whole CO2 scare is all a bunch of hot air.

Too many BS artists involved.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

What part of human induced climate change is questionable?

Using google earth one can see great changes man has made on this planet. We also have observed changes in the chemistry of the oceans and atmosphere as a result of our activity.

To say we are not causing the climate to change is truly blind.

the human induced part. Are we 10% responsible, 50% responsible, 100% responsible?
Is there any hope of reversing it?
Does it need reversed?
Is the warming going to just keep climbing until we combust into flames?
Are the seas going to rise 2 inches or 200 feet?
How long do we have before the next ice age?

I can appreciate that you studied this a lot and are informed on a lot of the technical aspects. But as it stands right now, there are a LOT of unknown variables. We don't know is a perfectly acceptable answer.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

As stated in the other forum. That's how people roll. 1 fraud climate change false, 1 nut in a movie theater all guns, nra, gun owners bad, 1 religious extremist, all Muslims or Christians bad,l. That's how we role because we have prleople who don't have a lot of ability to think beyond politics/religion/etc. It is what it is. Even if we have repeats of behavior several times, can't really blame a whole group. But I promise you, the same people saying this doesn't relate to all climate change, will be the same people who will blame all guns, or religious people. And when another topic comes around. Roles will reverse.

The inability to think and the hypocrisy that happens which is then attempted to be passed off as logic or intellect is one of the funniest things I see.

This was not posted at you it was a general statement, please don't take it that way.

Edit update: unless you want to say all politicians are scumbags. That I'll buy.

edit on 19-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join