It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ETs as your next door neighbors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What if ETs came in droves to our world? What if they came by the millions on rickety space ships and plopped down all over any developed country, asking for asylum because of any number of reasons?

How should we respond as individuals and how should our governments respond? Can the way current refugees are treated be the typical response or should/would those from another world be treated differently?

Most illegal human aliens that come to our countries are unskilled, poorly educated and without physical resources of their own. Regardless of how you view them, they are an enormous drain on the treasure of our countries across all systems of infrastructures and frequently are viewed with disdain because of language, accent, skin color, social and cultural customs.

What would be the case where ET refugees appeared, not without baggage, but to the contrary would come with advanced technology, vast libraries of science data, tons of precious metals and phenomenal intellectual and art talents? Where would the common human, in even the developed world, be then in the new hierarchy that would rapidly develop because of the influx?

I wonder sometimes if this strong push by the wealthy Western countries to ease and even eliminate past and current immigration standards and to push diversity is not a necessary and simple plan to clear the way for a migration of ETs into our midst granting them the unassailable legal right for occupation.

Some nations are even now showing strong signs of suffering under the influx of immigrants. "Compassion has its limits. Could not the “welcoming” of large numbers of ETs be seen as a potential ignition point for the collapse of human society and/or as a startling new beginning for humanity?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It would be cool if my neighbours were interesting enough to be extra-terrestrials, but there is no way ET's would listen to Lil Wayne, no way.
edit on 18-8-2015 by LeeAndrewCox because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LeeAndrewCox

Whats an alien supposed to listen to, Buck Owens?

Skinny Puppy?

Tom Waits?

The Cure?

Prince?

Mauler?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

New Age? Elvis? Ambient? lol

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Time heals all rouph. start but3rd and fourth gen born along side will never have remembered a time without them. That is also why real life integration is needed think years from now

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well we seen what happened in the movie district 9. How the alien refugees where treated like garbage and where viewes as nothing more than a problem. Its sad to say but how this worlds governmens work, if you dont have something to give, its more than likely you will get nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Take my last beer at a back yard cook out without asking, ain't nobody too out of this world for a beat down. Better come correct with some common courtesy and manners??????

I don't know something like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Well lil wayne actually does claime he's an alien.

i always thought he was just a moron, but an interstellar one i guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

What if ETs came in droves to our world? What if they came by the millions on rickety space ships and plopped down all over any developed country, asking for asylum because of any number of reasons?

How should we respond as individuals and how should our governments respond?

The Donald will save the day. Once he has built the Mexican wall he can build a wall around the planet - a wall of orbiting debris might work out.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Provided they had no detrimental impact on my health or wellbeing, and they were not duplicitous or deceptive, I would welcome fellowship with them openly. (My social anxiety notwithstanding of course.)

Otherwise, I would avoid them much as tend to most people.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I would think that ET would never pick an introduction like that, based upon the fact that observation of how we react to such things usually does not go so well. If the countless pieces of fiction and fantasy that we write about such "invasions" mirrors how we would collectively deal with such an event, it is already known to them and they would pick a much more stealthy approach or just re-arrange the planet very quickly.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Well lil wayne actually does claime he's an alien.

i always thought he was just a moron, but an interstellar one i guess.

HAHA never heard of this before, but if it is true i guess he didnt play his cards exactly right then.. (If you are extraterrestial why you have to sell your azz)

ontopic: maybe we have had ET souls from beginning of the times, but they are in human mortal coils, so it doesnt really make difference before you get to know one personally?
edit on 19-8-2015 by UnHealtyArrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

We'd kill them or they would kill us.

Humans can't even live in peace with each other.

Spoken as a member whose forebears had their continents stolen, mostly genocided, herded up, experimented on, enslaved, and finally shoved onto reservations of worthless land, where their culture was destroyed and their children taken away and given white man's names.

Kev

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

We'd kill them or they would kill us.

Humans can't even live in peace with each other.

Spoken as a member whose forebears had their continents stolen, mostly genocided, herded up, experimented on, enslaved, and finally shoved onto reservations of worthless land, where their culture was destroyed and their children taken away and given white man's names.

Kev

Wow someone hates the white man....

No wonder you think we would kill them! According to ATS we are visited daily with no global war with aliens....As a matter a fact, some people call them the "peace keepers" saving us from nuclear war...

I will comment further if any show up...Nobody can say what they would or wouldn't do until it happened...

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

There are rumors about that beings that look human and are from other planets...do live among us...they have infiltrated to study us etc.

Perhaps many of our new neighbors are not from earth...of course for their own safety...this will never be admitted to; many of us will just have to figure this out for ourselves.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the problem occurs in type or extent of culture and religion and technology. An alien species can be expected to have a different culture and set of religions. This means their values and traditions and policies might be substantially different, possibly leading to lower relations and potential conflict. For example, what if their government is more communist than even China? Their family and sexual relations might disgust us. Perhaps they allow sex between children and children and adults? Maybe they do not have mothers or fathers? Maybe no gender?

If their technology is significantly higher then they won't care as much about what we think in negotiations, since we can't be an existential threat to their civilization. They might also be uncomfortable with our unsanitary living conditions and short life spans. Our workers will be underqualified compared to their workers. This is because our workers do not know about their technology. Education is intimately tied with both use of and knowledge of technology. This will result in some of our workers leaving and living with the aliens to be REeducated. This could conceivably lead to "brain drain" in human cities, making the more vulnerable.

The greater the differences the greater the barrier to communication. And the greater the barrier to communication, the deeper the conflict.

I think the aliens would probably treat us as we treated the native americans. That's why we should be wary of contact. Obviously, if they come from other star systems, they probably have higher technology. So right from the start we'll be inferior in that category. What about culture and religion? It's possible those could be compatible and compensate.

If aliens are living on Earth right now then I suggest it's over. There's no such thing as "human". If the aliens have the power to come here without our consent and knowing and can cross the interstellar space then they probably have the power to do whatever they want with us, including wiping our memories or changing our genetics or behaviors. They will not be able to resist the temptation to do those things, resulting in a situation where we're not in control of our destiny. In fact, our reality is a lie.

If you're one of those people who believe Iran is being unfairly maligned then I might also make a comparison between Iran and the US. Their cultures are obviously different. Their religion is different. And the US has more advanced technology. The conflict which exists between these two countries is not as simple as an ethical one. People who think it's an ethical divide think replacing the Iranian leadership with more ethical leadership will resolve the conflict. I disagree. If we ignore culture, religion and technology then we don't see the whole picture.
edit on 19-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

History is fundamental. Few people pay attention to it.

This post is not about me...what I feel or do not feel is not part of it.

I'm also not going to play with you...that's not my thing. (that means no more responses from me).

Enjoy.

Kev

new topics

top topics

join